New Cruze 1.4T

Underpaidsamurai

Neutral Newbie

Alpine will have nothing to sell after Sep haha.

They have sold off their Orlando stocks. 

New Malibu 2T also early next year, prob launch together with new 150hp Cruze 1.4T

Captiva EOL also.. 

And I don't see the Trax yet. 

Aveo and Spark unlikely to make it here although the new Spark ain't bad at all

Yes, AD no model can sell in Singapore after Sep

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Wah then their Q4 sales is gonna drop. Is it for this AD only or other AD too?

I knew is only for Chevrolet few model/ Cruze, Captiva & Orlando (all under EURO 5), 

And Alpine Opel no problem. 

I think now is best time buy Chevrolet, I will try get more benefit 

I knew is only for Chevrolet few model/ Cruze, Captiva & Orlando (all under EURO 5), 

i'm getting 9km/l for 80% city driving.

if you can live with that (you know your annual avg mileage), that's the only thing to note.

The rest, of course you don't expect your conti material in car, what you need to get around in is there.

Auto headlights, auto wiper, cruise control, NAV, reverse camera, folding side mirrors (not auto), keyless all around, push button start

i'm getting 9km/l for 80% city driving.

if you can live with that (you know your annual avg mileage), that's the only thing to note.

The rest, of course you don't expect your conti material in car, what you need to get around in is there.

Auto headlights, auto wiper, cruise control, NAV, reverse camera, folding side mirrors (not auto), keyless all around, push button start

Side folding mirrors are semi-auto, meaning you need to press the switch.

I do get consistently around 10km/l for 90% city driving for the 1.4T, mostly short trips of about 10km per trip. The savings in fuel isn't that much to justify paying premium for cars that tout more than 15km/l mileage. 

The car is quite liveable even though fittings are not of the highest quality. You will tend to nitpick here and there, but at the low price, really nothing to complain. And it will not fail you like other continental brands that force the car to stop due to some electronic failure.

Champion only has vitara to sell

CM may not be ard much longer. 

They were subsidiary of BM and BM may just fold it and bring Suzuki together with Toyota brand in SG

CM even have great difficulty in getting the new Swift in when India already selling the new Swift for almost 8-9 months already

Actually only the Captiva and Malibu were Euro 5, the final Captivas were using the same 2.4L LE9 as the Malibu

Cruze, Orlando, Aveo were all Euro 4 in SG... engine design older lor. 

Neutral Newbie

CM may not be ard much longer. 

They were subsidiary of BM and BM may just fold it and bring Suzuki together with Toyota brand in SG

CM even have great difficulty in getting the new Swift in when India already selling the new Swift for almost 8-9 months already

Actually only the Captiva and Malibu were Euro 5, the final Captivas were using the same 2.4L LE9 as the Malibu

Cruze, Orlando, Aveo were all Euro 4 in SG... engine design older lor. 

:yuush: Wo.....SE said Cruze is Euro 5, kidding me?.....

Side folding mirrors are semi-auto, meaning you need to press the switch.

I do get consistently around 10km/l for 90% city driving for the 1.4T, mostly short trips of about 10km per trip. The savings in fuel isn't that much to justify paying premium for cars that tout more than 15km/l mileage. 

The car is quite liveable even though fittings are not of the highest quality. You will tend to nitpick here and there, but at the low price, really nothing to complain. And it will not fail you like other continental brands that force the car to stop due to some electronic failure.

haha bro, but paying for premium cars is more that just fuel savings.

I'm not nitpicking on the cruze, it's a good car in terms of value to specs and equipment.

i did have a good time owning it, even though it's a short while but moving on to another car next month.

how abt this car maintenance? my friend told me expensive, is it?

Typical servicing will set you about $350 based on my last Cruze 1.6. My current 1.4T comes with 3 year free servicing, so no payment required unless you opt for extras like air con flush (they just spray some cleaning agent).

Neutral Newbie

Typical servicing will set you about $350 based on my last Cruze 1.6. My current 1.4T comes with 3 year free servicing, so no payment required unless you opt for extras like air con flush (they just spray some cleaning agent).

Tks Bro, any other advice for 1.4T?

how abt this car maintenance? my friend told me expensive, is it? 

If you buy new, Alpine will give u free 1 or 3 yrs free svcs depending on your nego skills. Unlike other AD who offers free labor only, free means totally free, you dont need to bring wallet haha...

But if u love your engine alot, you might want to buy your Dexos 1 5W-30 certified engine oil from outside and then bring it to them for oil change.

Alpine DOESN'T use DEXOS certified 5W-30 engine oil even though GM owner's manual specifically stated as such.

After the free svcs period... svc your Cruze outside liao la.. no one pays inflated prices to continue svc at AD. 

Be warned though.. Alpine svcs your Chevy together with Opels... and they don't have alot of mechanics for the job. 

Be prepare to waste at least 2-3 hrs there doing nothing (no new Chevy to @@ at showroom liao, no chio SE to see also haha) just for a simple oil change

Neutral Newbie

If you buy new, Alpine will give u free 1 or 3 yrs free svcs depending on your nego skills. Unlike other AD who offers free labor only, free means totally free, you dont need to bring wallet haha...

But if u love your engine alot, you might want to buy your Dexos 1 5W-30 certified engine oil from outside and then bring it to them for oil change.

Alpine DOESN'T use DEXOS certified 5W-30 engine oil even though GM owner's manual specifically stated as such.

After the free svcs period... svc your Cruze outside liao la.. no one pays inflated prices to continue svc at AD. 

Be warned though.. Alpine svcs your Chevy together with Opels... and they don't have alot of mechanics for the job. 

Be prepare to waste at least 2-3 hrs there doing nothing (no new Chevy to @@ at showroom liao, no chio SE to see also haha) just for a simple oil change

Tks Bro, very useful

2-3 hrs is nothing compared to mazda....

try waiting 1 day to change oil...

(edited)

Mazda is too many cars to service with ok manpower.

Opel/Chevy is noy so many cars to Service but with super thin man power.. Zzz

Edited by Digthis1
↡ Advertisement