New Cruze 1.4T

Underpaidsamurai

Anyone knows how to remove the tail lights for the face-lift Cruze? I referred to my owner's manual but the instructions given was only relevant to the previous model.

The 2016 model that I drive has no screws to remove, just a piece of plastic by the side of the tail light assembly. Need to change one of the bulb which had recently fused.

↡ Advertisement

Does the auto-wiper work for you guys? Mine takes forever to wipe once.

Anyone knows how to remove the tail lights for the face-lift Cruze? I referred to my owner's manual but the instructions given was only relevant to the previous model.

The 2016 model that I drive has no screws to remove, just a piece of plastic by the side of the tail light assembly. Need to change one of the bulb which had recently fused.

are you changing your tail lights? do you have any pics? i've seen some tail lights on taobao but i never know which model to get!

(edited)

Does the auto-wiper work for you guys? Mine takes forever to wipe once.

are you changing your tail lights? do you have any pics? i've seen some tail lights on taobao but i never know which model to get!

Not changing tail lights. Just want to replace a light bulb (possibly an LED bulb if I can figure out how to remove it).

Mine is the 2016 face lift model. Tail light looks a bit like the one on Mailbu.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/O7ZVzdrKxfG8KSeh1

As for auto wiper, works fine for me. You can adjust the interval by turning the rotary dial on your wiper stalk. Mine is set at the middle. Depending on how heavy the rain is, it will wipe in intervals of about 3-5 seconds.

Edited by Yapcc

Can anyone advise what to do when automatic transmission doesn't engage?

Just sent for servicing 3 weeks back I wonder how they passed the quality checks. After the servicing the gear seems to have problem - jerking. Now cannot engage gear at all.

Am wondering if servicing is really for maintenance or do they help damage the vehicle for you?

Neutral Newbie

Can anyone advise what to do when automatic transmission doesn't engage?

Just sent for servicing 3 weeks back I wonder how they passed the quality checks. After the servicing the gear seems to have problem - jerking. Now cannot engage gear at all.

Am wondering if servicing is really for maintenance or do they help damage the vehicle for you?

still gt warranty a not?

alpine do? or 3 party.. ? hmmm

the maintenance schedule like dam ex..

still gt warranty a not?

alpine do? or 3 party.. ? hmmm

the maintenance schedule like dam ex..

No more warranty

Have been going to alpine the past 7 years.

I understand the early Cruze models have Transmission problems. Can't this be a manufacturing defect instead?

Yes they are quoting a bomb

Edited by Battledome64

Neutral Newbie

No more warranty

I understand the early Cruze models have Transmission problems. Can't this be a manufacturing defect instead?

what to do.. your cost is at their saving..

therefore if can push to u. they push, futher more no warranty alr. and also

usual answer. wear and tear..

what to do.. your cost is at their saving..

therefore if can push to u. they push, futher more no warranty alr. and also

usual answer. wear and tear..

From the OBD it's some pressure control B solenoid.

According to the USA guys no need to rebuilt gearbox.

They keep pushing to rebuild which is more expensive. Why not i go to GM USA

From the OBD it's some pressure control B solenoid.

According to the USA guys no need to rebuilt gearbox.

They keep pushing to rebuild which is more expensive. Why not i go to GM USA

Or go scrape yard find the gear box for your model since your car is already 7 years old?

Can gearbox oil be changed? Or there is no way to change gearbox oil?

ATF can be drained and top-up. Do not perform ATF flush. You will have unexpected outcome.

Auto transmission warranty 5 years only. Therefore mileage of 100K km, you should service it.

No more warranty

My 2011 Cruze also encountered GB/Transmission problems last month. Like you, I have been faithfully gone to Alpine for the regular servicing. And they quoted me a very high sum to repair the GB/Transmission. Need to change solenoid plus some other parts. I searched the forums and went outside for the repair. Cheaper than Alpine but still a very big hole in the pocket. :(

After this episode, I've decided not to go back to Alpine for the servicing. Paid a premium for the preventive maintenance and such major component still failed.

Edited by Prataboy

My 2011 Cruze also encountered GB/Transmission problems last month. Like you, I have been faithfully gone to Alpine for the regular servicing. And they quoted me a very high sum to repair the GB/Transmission. Need to change solenoid plus some other parts. I searched the forums and went outside for the repair. Cheaper than Alpine but still a very big hole in the pocket. :(

After this episode, I've decided not to go back to Alpine for the servicing. Paid a premium for the preventive maintenance and such major component still failed.

Thanks for sharing. Mine was solenoid too. Car became jerky only when I collect the car after servicing. I should have sounded out immmediately

Everything for them it seems that they don't bother to repair and just overhaul the whole thing

I checked outside they are not confident to do it

GM AT box requires Dexron VI (6) ATF....

Unfortunately while such ATF is super common in North America, it is still a rarity in SG, and many workshops either have no knowledge or can't be bothered with the need to use the correct ATF

Frankly I cannot confirm if Alpine is using real Dexron VI compliant ATF.... 

Your symptom sure sounds like they used the wrong ATF

Thanks for sharing. Mine was solenoid too. Car became jerky only when I collect the car after servicing. I should have sounded out immmediately

Everything for them it seems that they don't bother to repair and just overhaul the whole thing

I checked outside they are not confident to do it

If you wish, you can PM me and I'll let you know the workshop where I did my repair.  The mechanic test drove my car with me to diagnose the problem and explain the repairs required. Standard 6-month warranty. So far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Edited by Prataboy
  • Praise 1

If you wish, you can PM me and I'll let you know the workshop where I did my repair. The mechanic test drove my car with me to diagnose the problem and explain the repairs required. Standard 6-month warranty. So far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

PMed you.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I just collect my cruze, i love it,

and chevrolet showroom changed to opel showroom, no more car can sell;

and it will open again around 2 qut 2018.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1