Depress Gas Pedal but no acceleration

Pss2

Recently I accelerate my car as usual and it is getting very slow acceleration that I have to step on it more. I even try 4000 to 5000rpm hard acceleration and car only move 70km/h max. If you want to get pass 70km/h, it will be gradual acceleration but this is unreasonably slow. What could be wrong?

↡ Advertisement

I have this problem before.

A picanto auto 06 model.

1. During take off. Full depress, rpm 4k + but move off like snail

2. On the road, running 80km is consider max speed.

3. When up a small slope, speed dropped very very fast to 50km.

4. Wanted to accerate, full depress but like no effect

5. Happens always vhen engin is hot, full depress also waste alot of fuel

6. Wasted alot of $$$ on un neccessary repair.

7. Must make sure is it gear disc slip or need overhual, gear box, timing gear, fuel pump, alternator etc etc.

Recently I accelerate my car as usual and it is getting very slow acceleration that I have to step on it more. I even try 4000 to 5000rpm hard acceleration and car only move 70km/h max. If you want to get pass 70km/h, it will be gradual acceleration but this is unreasonably slow. What could be wrong?

Some possible reasons...

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t17838_ds600239

https://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110201103638AAbPxcc

Edited by Aukang

If me I would start with the MAF sensor & oxygen sensor(at the exhaust). The mechanic would need to use an OBD device to monitor the values of the sensors to determine which one is faulty.

If the sensors are ok dan move on to check the torque converter if your car is an automatic.

Common issue is with the sensors. Question is what workshop you are going to get it fix? Those who suggest you to change this change that w/o giving your car a thorough diagnostic check, that kinda workshop you must avoid at all cost. Dunno what car you are driving so good luck. Sometimes going back to the AD workshop is not a bad idea but I dunno what car you are driving so dunno whether it's a good idea to suggest going back.

I think very soon the CEL should light up. With an error code it's easier to pinpoint the issue.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

I wanted to come in here and say that it's probably due to the fact that your car is depressed.

Bring him out more often, let him eat what he likes to eat, do his favourite stuff etc. Maybe will become more perky.

But I realised... my car also depressed... same problems. CEL on, initial check is rear O2 sensor, workshop suggest change whole set.

but but but... I think is more of carbon accumulation and maybe MAF + fuel filter.

consistently stuttering at 4th gear between 75km/h - 85km/h. decreased fuel efficiency as well.  :TT_TT:

Gearbox gone

If me I would start with the MAF sensor & oxygen sensor(at the exhaust). The mechanic would need to use an OBD device to monitor the values of the sensors to determine which one is faulty.

If the sensors are ok dan move on to check the torque converter if your car is an automatic.

Common issue is with the sensors. Question is what workshop you are going to get it fix? Those who suggest you to change this change that w/o giving your car a thorough diagnostic check, that kinda workshop you must avoid at all cost. Dunno what car you are driving so good luck. Sometimes going back to the AD workshop is not a bad idea but I dunno what car you are driving so dunno whether it's a good idea to suggest going back.

I think very soon the CEL should light up. With an error code it's easier to pinpoint the issue.

Car is automatic. I am thinking maybe torque converter too. If replace torque converter, will I be able to solve the problem?

A car that is regularly getting fuel and properly tuned take off  quickly when the accelerator is pressed. Slow and sluggish accelerated vehicle is dangerous, especially on ramps and intersections.  The main reason behind slow acceleration is :

- Clogged air filter

- Defective fuel pump

- Dirty airflow sensor

- Leaking fuel line

- Vacuum leak

- Falling Catalytic converter

You must take the  advice of qualified mechanic or visit here https://www.yourmechanic.com/cars/toyota

A car that is regularly getting fuel and properly tuned take off quickly when the accelerator is pressed. Slow and sluggish accelerated vehicle is dangerous, especially on ramps and intersections. The main reason behind slow acceleration is :

- Clogged air filter

- Defective fuel pump

- Dirty airflow sensor

- Leaking fuel line

- Vacuum leak

- Falling Catalytic converter

You must take the advice of qualified mechanic or visit here https://www.yourmechanic.com/cars/toyota

harlooooo...I jus luuvvv your smokin' hawt 80s looks :wub:

Supercharged

i also have a unresponsive gas pedal when i hit cruising speed.

need to floor the pedal a little to bring the RPM up to around 3000 then the pedal will become responsive again.

I wonder if that is the problem you are facing.

what i usually do is to down shift the gear from D to 3, let it ride at 3000 for a little, before switching back to D.

↡ Advertisement