During those days when USD currency isn't that strong, I bought quite a few "exotic" brands like Liqui Moly, Penzoil, Royal Purple from Amazon since my mechanic doesn't sell them.
So far, the 2 brands that impressed me are Liqui Moly and Penzoil. I have having using them interchangeably if one of them has a better price tag at online or retail shops.
all right, my reviews (both praise and critical) for Liqui Moly Top Tec 4100 used on Subaru 2007 TS model
1. Oil temperature is lower than the usual suspects like SHELL or Mobile (ranging between 89 ~ 90 degC)
2. Oil pressure also not bad within the optimized range (this mean the oil not easily "eaten up")
3. Sound from Engine is also quieter compare to SHELL or Mobile (this is beyond the run-in at 1000KM after the servicing is done)
4. To me, the Responsiveness is still ok but because my car is already tuned up so as long as I can feel the dark "FORCE".It is Ok.
5. During engine oil change, it is very dark black which means good cleaning properties.
1. The one i bought from Amazon is still API SM/CF not the latest one. So maybe the ones in sold in SG is already API SN/CF
2. Compare with Penzoil, the oil temperature is slightly higher (by 2 ~ 3 deg C). However it is still 2nd best in this category
3. The Penzoil latest engine oil is made from natural gas so to me it is more environment friendly. well make me feel less guilty by leaving lesser carbon prints :)
In A nutshell, Liqui Moly is one of the best engine oil I used since started driving my Subaru in 2007. So if anyone ask me, which engine oil to recommend. Be sure Liqui Moly will be one of the 2 names I will utter.
Edited by Jayy25, 16 March 2016 - 10:39 AM.