• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
44 replies to this topic | 97 praises

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:36 PM

Michael2828
  • Premium member
    Michael2828
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Volvo is making a very luxurious SUV! anybody getting this?  [:p]

Volvo XC 90 Excellence

Why drink and drive, When you can smoke and fly~?

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

Spurman
  • Spurman
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Would love too. But sibei ex.
Omv 55k i hear but mark up like a sharp knife. Tink 90k markup selling close to 300k

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Excellence = no $350k no talk?

Attached Thumbnails

• 2016-03-14_154753.png

Edited by Wt_know, 14 March 2016 - 03:49 PM.

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:47 PM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

retailing in Singapore for S$300k.  I love the car but not the price.......at such price, it is on a bumpy road to compete with the bmw x7 where buyers with such budget are generally badge conscious to the likes of beemers.

Volvo XC 90 Excellence

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:28 PM

L23
  • L23
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Seeing all the features for this model makes me think i rather spend my 300k (if i have) on air flight lo..

Most of the features i can get from a aircraft. :a-happy:

if 1 year fly 5 times (each time say $2k for econ class), i can have the experience for 30 years!!

Throw in some first class trip as bonus, still can have the experience for 20 year lo..  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Edited by L23, 14 March 2016 - 04:29 PM.

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:50 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

bro, to enjoy ... it's $23K to fly 1-time leh ... lol

http://dereklow.co/w...s-suites-class/

4-3.jpg

Edited by Wt_know, 14 March 2016 - 04:51 PM.

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:04 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Seeing all the features for this model makes me think i rather spend my 300k (if i have) on air flight lo..

Most of the features i can get from a aircraft. :a-happy:

if 1 year fly 5 times (each time say $2k for econ class), i can have the experience for 30 years!!

Throw in some first class trip as bonus, still can have the experience for 20 year lo..  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

I bet you cannot bring your first class seat to go orchard road or to eat at the hawker centre..... [laugh]

Toothiewabbit praised this

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:07 PM

L23
  • L23
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I bet you cannot bring your first class seat to go orchard road or to eat at the hawker centre..... [laugh]

Nvm about Orchard.

I go Rome see Totti then go USA lunch with Bill Gate then go China have kopi with Chairman Xi. :a-fun:

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:19 PM

Michael2828
  • Premium member
    Michael2828
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Would love too. But sibei ex.
Omv 55k i hear but mark up like a sharp knife. Tink 90k markup selling close to 300k

wow serious? like that can skip this already. haha

Nvm about Orchard.

I go Rome see Totti then go USA lunch with Bill Gate then go China have kopi with Chairman Xi. :a-fun:

PRICELESS! HAHAHAHA

Why drink and drive, When you can smoke and fly~?

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:27 PM

Karu
  • Premium member
    Karu
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Interesting XC90 Vs Q7 

Edited by Karu, 17 May 2016 - 03:28 PM.

Holdenutessv praised this

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:36 PM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Interesting XC90 Vs Q7 

I wll go for Q7 anytime

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:07 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Buy a Sorento at half price n call it a day.
Toothiewabbit and Atonchia praised this

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:37 PM

MQX87511
  • MQX87511
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Volvo XC 90 Excellence

Volvo SE told me XC90 launched near one year liao, sold less than 50 units,

because 2.0L in line engine used Supercharged + turbocharged hardly squeezed out 320bhp, most parts long term working under overloading,

worry shorten lifespan, same price rather go for Q7 or X5 liao, 3.5L V6 better combination with such body weight

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

Audi2016
  • Audi2016
    5th Gear
    Author Image

because 2.0L in line engine used Supercharged + turbocharged hardly squeezed out 320bhp, most parts long term working under overloading,

worry shorten lifespan, same price rather go for Q7 or X5 liao, 3.5L V6 better combination with such body weight

Hehe Audi Q7 latest model also on 2.0L engine with turbocharging.. no supercharging. But I think new platform + weight saving programme helps the Q7 (100kg or so lighter than base Volvo XC90 T5 model).

But the Volvo have T6 version leh.. 6.5s to 100km/h not bad for a 2 tonne school bus.

Edited by Audi2016, 06 June 2016 - 04:47 PM.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

MQX87511
  • MQX87511
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hehe Audi Q7 latest model also on 2.0L engine with turbocharging.. no supercharging. But I think new platform + weight saving programme helps the Q7 (100kg or so lighter than base Volvo XC90 T5 model).

But the Volvo have T6 version leh.. 6.5s to 100km/h not bad for a 2 tonne school bus.

New Q7 2.0L 250bhp  nothing wrong, only issue is whether squeezed the power, if not for racing purpose, 2.0L turbo 200 to 250bhp is quite reasonable and common powertrain, no harmful to engine and drivetrain parts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:17 PM

Nonewposts
  • Nonewposts
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

because 2.0L in line engine used Supercharged + turbocharged hardly squeezed out 320bhp, most parts long term working under overloading,
worry shorten lifespan, same price rather go for Q7 or X5 liao, 3.5L V6 better combination with such body weight

Only sold 50 units meh? I see quite a number of xc90 in sg

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:15 AM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged
    Author Image

:grin:

Only sold 50 units meh? I see quite a number of xc90 in sg

most probably you saw old xc90, 2.5L T5

My China friend said new xc90 also no market in China,  low capacity squeezed high power, cause noisy/vibration/shorten lifespan,

and no face in front of friends, if they knew "1 million RMB only bought 4 cylinders"   :grin:

Interesting XC90 Vs Q7 

no doubts, Q7 even if I don't like it as well :D

if XC90 equipped V6 engine then XC90

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:01 PM

Douglam
  • Douglam
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

New Q7 2.0L 250bhp nothing wrong, only issue is whether squeezed the power, if not for racing purpose, 2.0L turbo 200 to 250bhp is quite reasonable and common powertrain, no harmful to engine and drivetrain parts

I don't think squeezed is the right word lah. It's all about tuning and optimization. The Mercedes AMG A45 can push out 381hp from a 2L turbo, so it can be done. These are branded European cars, I'm sure they know what they are doing and will always factor in some safety margins (so actually is detuned). That is why still can do aftermarket mod chips to boost power further.

If it's from the manufacturer, it's tuned. If aftermarket mod, it's squeezed :)

Edited by Douglam, 30 July 2016 - 12:09 PM.

east41st praised this

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:46 PM

Wolfverine
  • Premium member
    Wolfverine
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I tested XC90 T5 and T6 models and I must say the Drive E engine is amazing. The numbers are actually comparable to my IL6 and in reality, the drive is really good for the 2l workhorse. If in the market for SUV, this will definitely be on my list now! I don't know much about the reliability to comment though.

antelop praised this

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:12 AM

Wolfverine
  • Premium member
    Wolfverine
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Based on July's data, the new XC90 outsold the X5 and Q7 in the US midsize luxury SUV range. Quite a mark improvement compared to prior year!

http://www.goodcarba...-july-2016.html

antelop praised this

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: volvo , volvovolvo , suv , luxury , xc90 , excellence

Tags: volvo, volvovolvo, suv, luxury and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users