Volvo XC90 Excellence

Michael2828

I tested XC90 T5 and T6 models and I must say the Drive E engine is amazing. The numbers are actually comparable to my IL6 and in reality, the drive is really good for the 2l workhorse. If in the market for SUV, this will definitely be on my list now! I don't know much about the reliability to comment though.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Would love too. But sibei ex.

Omv 55k i hear but mark up like a sharp knife. Tink 90k markup selling close to 300k

the i think is crazy i would rather buy bmw or merc. better resale some more and more prestige (old thinking)

Seeing all the features for this model makes me think i rather spend my 300k (if i have) on air flight lo..

Most of the features i can get from a aircraft. :a-happy:

if 1 year fly 5 times (each time say $2k for econ class), i can have the experience for 30 years!!

Throw in some first class trip as bonus, still can have the experience for 20 year lo..  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

your flight only 14hr or 20hr max.. the car gives you 24hrs 7days a week. anytime anywhere. u can abuse it but u cant abuse the flight. you can slap the ass of the car but u cant for the flight not to mention the stewardess.

• Praise 1

I think the report mentioned that the boy inside the wowo was also hurt. At such speed, most conti SUV would survive quite similar. I think in additional to all the "smart radars" that they are up-selling to markup such an ridiculous price, the picture of the damaged wowo shows a very negative picture. Got to ask yourself after paying so much, is it more hype than usefulness? 

a mere taxi can cause such damages to the current xc90; looks like this latest xc90 is no match to the previous xc90, in terms of physical strength against collisions.  previously, an accident to my wife's xc90 from a head-on 45 deg collision speeding 5tonner cargo lorry, the damages were much lighter than the result on this latest xc90 banged by the taxi . . . .  

only xc90's bumper & headlights were replaced, but the lorry changed its entire bumper, side flange, reworked on door frame too (door glass replaced, of coz) ..... according to workshop, the xc90's engine frame structure were 'solid' - but that was referring to the 1st gen

2nd gen, -_- zzzz

Edited by A_korusawa

To be fair, no high tech radar will be able to prevent the car from dodging an incoming missile!

The XC90 might looked smashed up on the front but based on my limited knowledge on such safety features, this is deliberately so such that in a collision, it can serve as a cushion to the crash for the safety of both parties. The important thing is the inner cage where the passengers are and that is where the ultra-high strength steel should be located. Most cars, if not all, are designed in this manner.

• Praise 2

To be fair, no high tech radar will be able to prevent the car from dodging an incoming missile!

The XC90 might looked smashed up on the front but based on my limited knowledge on such safety features, this is deliberately so such that in a collision, it can serve as a cushion to the crash for the safety of both parties. The important thing is the inner cage where the passengers are and that is where the ultra-high strength steel should be located. Most cars, if not all, are designed in this manner.

If im correct this is known as the crumble zone to absored the force.

Yup in fact they make the bumper soft or easily crumpled for pedestrian safety. The main important thing is the cabin cage that protect passengers inside

I think the report mentioned that the boy inside the wowo was also hurt. At such speed, most conti SUV would survive quite similar. I think in additional to all the "smart radars" that they are up-selling to markup such an ridiculous price, the picture of the damaged wowo shows a very negative picture. Got to ask yourself after paying so much, is it more hype than usefulness?

Volvo said that by 2020, all their vehicles will not be able get into accident unless other car hit first. Their high tech is to prevent collusion by driver's mistake or negligence. In this case its the taxi ram into xc90.

Now i believe the repair cost wont come cheap since so many tech installed in this car

• Praise 2

Volvo said that by 2020, all their vehicles will not be able get into accident unless other car hit first. Their high tech is to prevent collusion by driver's mistake or negligence. In this case its the taxi ram into xc90.

Now i believe the repair cost wont come cheap since so many tech installed in this car

Even the high-tech headlamps also expensive to replace.

a mere taxi can cause such damages to the current xc90; looks like this latest xc90 is no match to the previous xc90, in terms of physical strength against collisions. previously, an accident to my wife's xc90 from a head-on 45 deg collision speeding 5tonner cargo lorry, the damages were much lighter than the result on this latest xc90 banged by the taxi . . . .

only xc90's bumper & headlights were replaced, but the lorry changed its entire bumper, side flange, reworked on door frame too (door glass replaced, of coz) ..... according to workshop, the xc90's engine frame structure were 'solid' - but that was referring to the 1st gen

2nd gen, -_- zzzz

I saw the report and the taxi was quite badly messed up.

I must say Hyundai cars chassis are quite robust.

The previous generation XC90 does looked more rugged and tougher than the new XC90 executive look.

considering new xc90 & q7, which is advisable?

No doubt q7 3.0L with 330bhp, xc90 2.0L squeezed 320bhp, doubt its durability, and maintenance cost extreme high Edited by Quantum

Both are equally good 7-seater luxury SUVs and the ultimate decision lies with the buyer. The Q7 has the option of 3.0 TFSI which produces slightly more hp and torque than the XC90 T6 but for the fact that it is a 6 cylinder will definitely be smoother when revved (but higher road tax). The entry level engine considerations for both will be the 2.0 TFSI and T5. Then there is the equipment levels for both that you can choose from. After going through all these options that you think you'll want for our SUV and most importantly to do a test drive, you'll be in a good position to make that decision.

As mentioned in the Macan thread, I went with the XC90 RD eventually primarily because:

1) the T5 felt more a little more responsive than the 2.0 TFSI but equipment levels not what I'm looking for - thus T6 for me.

2) T6 provided me with almost similar power delivery with the 3.0 TFSI (although not as smooth) but at a lower road tax

3) I like the equipment levels for the T6 R-Design - bucket seats, 20" rims, pana roof etc

4) cargo space meets my requirement

5) I find a few standard features for the XC90 relatively more useful to my needs - e.g. Pilot Assist esp for city traffic/slow traffic along freeway; ACC

6) refreshing looks for both interior and exterior on the XC90

It was a tough decision but I must say that I have been enjoying the ride. Happy shopping!

considering new xc90 & q7, which is advisable?

• Praise 5