Electric car vs Petrol/Diesel cars

Turbocharged

The technology for battery isn't there yet. Worse is our hot humid weather that depend on elect. If you can drive without aircon then it make sense.

I would think the hybrid with a diesel motor to charge the battery will work. You surely don't want to end up midway with a flat battery. Elect motorcycle will definitely work. Make the battery portable so that you could carry home to charge.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

the battery doesnt last for 10 years.

at least the previous gen one.

by the 3-4th years. the deterioration is quite severe. even if they offer 10 years warranty for battery, it's just another inconvenience.

not to mention that few, if any outside workshop can repair/maintain electric vehicles. forcing you to go back to AD which is another additional cost.

• Praise 1

The technology for battery isn't there yet. Worse is our hot humid weather that depend on elect. If you can drive without aircon then it make sense.

I would think the hybrid with a diesel motor to charge the battery will work. You surely don't want to end up midway with a flat battery. Elect motorcycle will definitely work. Make the battery portable so that you could carry home to charge.

A good software within an electric car will warn you when battery is low.  That's why i am staying away from BYD.

the battery doesnt last for 10 years.

at least the previous gen one.

by the 3-4th years. the deterioration is quite severe. even if they offer 10 years warranty for battery, it's just another inconvenience.

not to mention that few, if any outside workshop can repair/maintain electric vehicles. forcing you to go back to AD which is another additional cost.

Hybric car or electric car u mentioned?

If tesla, i don't mind.  Tesla set up supercharger which owner of Tesla can charge for free. 

For model S P90D with 500km range, fully charge up in 75mins (from 10%)

Charging station subscription is $180/month.

Hey, can go to JB with empty "tank" ....... yea ....... connect to Tengah Nasional power grid ....... free ?

Found this page, which seems to be some PI thinking of bringing it in

http://www.stellar-motors.com/electric-cars-singapore/

Price is supposed to be $105k-$109k with 10 year COE. Not sure what is the date.

Electric cars are great, but without the infrastructure to support we are not going anywhere. The next best thing would be Hybrid.

Hopefully with technology advancement, we can have a better battery that can store and last longer... and then we need more stations to charge up ...

But given that govt wants a car-lite society, the building of more infrastructure to support the charging doesn't make much sense ... and also less petrol tax earn ...

In the meantime, they just for-show install a few here and there just to satisfy telling the world that we are on-track to be a green society ...

• Praise 1

The Govt will be more inclined to control Singapore's car population and usage on the roads - via COE, ERP, or other means ... regardless of engine type - be it internal combustion, or electric. The latter is still powered by the gencos firing fossil fuel, albeit natural gas in SG).

Due to the country's land scarcity, limiting the number of registered cars at any one time ought to be of a much higher priority - which will also in turn, mitigate the overall exhaust emissions.

Hopefully with technology advancement, we can have a better battery that can store and last longer... and then we need more stations to charge up ...

But given that govt wants a car-lite society, the building of more infrastructure to support the charging doesn't make much sense ... and also less petrol tax earn ...

In the meantime, they just for-show install a few here and there just to satisfy telling the world that we are on-track to be a green society ...

My hp battery doesn't even last half a day after 1.5 years, so safer to change HP annually.

But cars is totally different story. How go change every few years?

Change battery also create a lot of carbon footprint.

Use fuel cell is the greenest technology.

My hp battery doesn't even last half a day after 1.5 years, so safer to change HP annually.

But cars is totally different story. How go change every few years?

Change battery also create a lot of carbon footprint.

Use fuel cell is the greenest technology.

I am not sure what HP u use.  I use iphone & change it every 2 years (not because of battery).

Diff battery has diff quality.  It also boils down to the software that control the current during charging.  That's the usual cause of battery dies.

Fuel cell like hydrogen has been under development for years.  Nothing much commercially available now.  I know there is hydrogen BMW 7 series.  Not sure how many is sold.

I would really consider a full electric car if:

1. It looks good

2. Good performance

3. Can setup charger in my residence

4. Doesn't come with crazy price tag

But being a high mileage user, 80-100km per day, I worried on the road battery flat haha

I would really consider a full electric car if:

1. It looks good

2. Good performance

3. Can setup charger in my residence

4. Doesn't come with crazy price tag

But being a high mileage user, 80-100km per day, I worried on the road battery flat haha

Why need setup charger at home when u have Tesla supercharger?