2nd hand tyre vs 1st hand tyre

Michael2828

Take off Tyres are not cheap...i was quoted less 100 over new ones only

I rather buy new safer with sticker and warranty :)

I wonder what kind of warranty can one enjoy? I can only think of bulging sidewalls...
↡ Advertisement

Visual inspect the threadwear or change every 40K.

No hard and fast rule.

I have seen drivers max out their tyres till 60K of mileage, which I will definitely not feel comfortable.

visual inspect won't tell much. Run your finger inside along the thread. There is a safety marking there. Bald or not! Hahaha

Let mod stated earlier rotate your tyres every serring. Not only prolong tyre lifespan it also help to check on sidewalls and nail.

So many here said tyre thread can be cut out. Malaysia/India/Indonesia maybe.Here I doubt there are tyre shop doing it. Not economical lah. How.much a pcs of 2nd hand cost? Singapore road is ok to drive with 2nd hand tyre for a year or less. Malaysia road advise to get new. Also must put the 2nd hand tyre at the rear. Not front wheel.

Dont forget your spare if your car do come with one. Routinely check and inflat the true pressure. My previous car spare probably aged with my car age. Dangerous than a not so old 2nd hand tyre.

I wonder what kind of warranty can one enjoy? I can only think of bulging sidewalls...

to my view Warranty is offered  by Manufactures or Re seller as their Quality Assurance and Responsibility.

for example buying 2nd hand tires why I only go to my regular reseller? because they will whole responsibility of what ever products and Services provided.

Will you want to use a tires or any parts came from no where or unreliable source to Test the Products for re sellers ? 

Warranty is a Responsibility Offered by Responsible Company or person.

JUst MHO

to my view Warranty is offered by Manufactures or Re seller as their Quality Assurance and Responsibility.

for example buying 2nd hand tires why I only go to my regular reseller? because they will whole responsibility of what ever products and Services provided.

Will you want to use a tires or any parts came from no where or unreliable source to Test the Products for re sellers ?

Warranty is a Responsibility Offered by Responsible Company or person.

JUst MHO

Mind sharing your personal experience on warranty claim for your tyres if any?

Get good rubber.

Its the only thing connecting you to the road.

Protection is so important.

:D  

Get good tyres too. New ones.

• Praise 1

Visual inspect the threadwear or change every 40K.

No hard and fast rule.

I have seen drivers max out their tyres till 60K of mileage, which I will definitely not feel comfortable.

I changed mine from brand new car tires after 33k only as servicing time the mechanic said it’s coming to “botak” especially front wheels Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

I usually don't skim on tyres and brake pads. But I changed once due to scrapping of my old car with a "branded" brand like Michellin.

2nd hand tyres with maybe 60%-70% thread like PS4 or new china brand tyres (forgot the brand liao)

i would take smaller brand but new tyres  over branded but used tyres any time,

if cost is the issue.

old tyres will harden, esp when u use for some time expose to sun rain etc, then store for a while and use again.

no matter how branded, the result is the same

• Praise 2

If you skimp on good tyres then please invest in better horns.

So when you cannot stop you can horn us to warn us.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

I changed mine from brand new car tires after 33k only as servicing time the mechanic said itâs coming to âbotakâ especially front wheels

Play safe to change out as the stock tyres given are usually entry level type.
  • Praise 1

Play safe to change out as the stock tyres given are usually entry level type.

And i thought that original mfg stock tyres are the best always
  • Praise 1

And i thought that original mfg stock tyres are the best always

Not necessarily true for normal bread & butter cars.

Unless you are buying high end sports cars or luxury Sedans/SUVs which may come with decent performance tyres, otherwise you will realise that most new cars tyres given are pretty ulu models.

Warranty is just an assurance given to buyers

Just like Vehicle Warranty...most of the time when we want to claim...AD will just mention that is wear and tear or even mishandling...sorry can’t claim :(

• Praise 1

Warranty is just an assurance given to buyers

Just like Vehicle Warranty...most of the time when we want to claim...AD will just mention that is wear and tear or even mishandling...sorry can’t claim :(

JUST MY personal views about warranty.

warranty give consumer Quality assurance and they are responsible for what the product you buy. 

most products warranty wont cover Wear & Tear , because that is beyond their control to be faired.

IS a entirely free and OPen market, you may able to SAve some money if you very sure you trust you own Judgment and sometime the seller knows you are getting the same Products with lower price I do consider it. 

Most important is you must know what you are buying and the T & C is cleared.

ANyway any items you buy from retailers in Singapore you are covered  by Lemon law of standard 6 months period, do try mention this to the REtailers and see what's they say.

↡ Advertisement