• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
82 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:12 PM

Idaddy88
  • Premium member
    Idaddy88
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://www.strathfie...y-android-auto/

Saw this at a workshop. Seems very new to the market. Anyone installed? Can share the difference between x8750bt?

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

dsman
  • Premium member
    dsman
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi. Can share which workshop you saw this at?

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:03 PM

Idaddy88
  • Premium member
    Idaddy88
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I have installed at Audio Solutions
https://www.pioneer....uct=AVH-X8850BT

Edited by Idaddy88, 02 April 2016 - 01:05 PM.

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:21 AM

ToyotaWish1131
  • Premium member
    ToyotaWish1131
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

is the Bluetooth handfree have good reception?

Will it have a lot of echo from opposite caller?

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:46 PM

tarzen
  • tarzen
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I will be interested to hear more reviews from bros who installed it.

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:09 PM

ToyotaWish1131
  • Premium member
    ToyotaWish1131
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Any bro installed this in their car?

Can comment on your experience?

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:36 PM

Altis72
  • Premium member
    Altis72
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Not too sure of your question but my iphone is connected to my 8750 HU via bluetooth and I can clear the caller clearly.

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:54 PM

ToyotaWish1131
  • Premium member
    ToyotaWish1131
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

My ride is connected by Xiao Mi thru Bluetooth, but there is too much echo and opposite caller cannot hear clearly.

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:09 PM

Stiener
  • Premium member
    Stiener
    4th Gear
    Author Image

hi,

I have just installed this model. I am trying to get the Dual Zone working so that I can listen to the radio in the front seat while my children watch their cartoon on the rear. So far I can only set the unit to play radio in front but the video output to the rear does not have any audio. Anyone has succeeded in this can share some tips with me?
Do you have any car care products sitting in your storage? We might be interested in them. Please PM me for more info.

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:59 PM

Rions3
  • Rions3
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

hi,

I have just installed this model. I am trying to get the Dual Zone working so that I can listen to the radio in the front seat while my children watch their cartoon on the rear. So far I can only set the unit to play radio in front but the video output to the rear does not have any audio. Anyone has succeeded in this can share some tips with me?

Hi, may I know how much you paid for the HU including installation? Thanks!

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:48 PM

Stiener
  • Premium member
    Stiener
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi, may I know how much you paid for the HU including installation? Thanks!

I paid $750 for the unit and $40 for installation. Do note that it is an export set so cannot compare the price to retail shops.
Do you have any car care products sitting in your storage? We might be interested in them. Please PM me for more info.

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:57 PM

Rions3
  • Rions3
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I paid $750 for the unit and $40 for installation. Do note that it is an export set so cannot compare the price to retail shops.

Thanks for sharing the price! I'm wondering what is the local set price? Also, what's the difference between the 8850 vs 8750 set?

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:05 PM

Stiener
  • Premium member
    Stiener
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for sharing the price! I'm wondering what is the local set price? Also, what's the difference between the 8850 vs 8750 set?

The lowest quotation I got for a local set is $980 + $30 installation. Pricing is more or less similar. Just that the installation is between $30 - $50.

What I heard of the obvious difference is the screen, 8850 uses OLED which is clearer than 8750. The other specs seemed to be the same. Since its $50 diff, I just go for the 8850.

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:08 PM

Rions3
  • Rions3
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The lowest quotation I got for a local set is $980 + $30 installation. Pricing is more or less similar. Just that the installation is between $30 - $50.

What I heard of the obvious difference is the screen, 8850 uses OLED which is clearer than 8750. The other specs seemed to be the same. Since its $50 diff, I just go for the 8850.

Thanks again! How's the experience so far? Have you tried CarPlay? Also, my steering wheel (Toyota PriusC) has some remote control buttons on it. Would I be able to continue to use them?

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:14 PM

Stiener
  • Premium member
    Stiener
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks again! How's the experience so far? Have you tried CarPlay? Also, my steering wheel (Toyota PriusC) has some remote control buttons on it. Would I be able to continue to use them?

I am using Android Auto to connect the HU to my S6. Having fun with the voice command and using Google maps for navigation. This is one of the reason why I went for it, the Google Map is able to recalculate or reroute using traffic conditions and spontaneously recommend the fastest route. When it is reaching the next turn, it will dim down the audio (music) to make sure I can hear the directions clearly.

As my car does not have steering controls, I am unable to comment. But the installer did say that it is universal and reminded me to keep the cables for steering controls which may come in handy some day.

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:40 PM

Rions3
  • Rions3
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I am using Android Auto to connect the HU to my S6. Having fun with the voice command and using Google maps for navigation. This is one of the reason why I went for it, the Google Map is able to recalculate or reroute using traffic conditions and spontaneously recommend the fastest route. When it is reaching the next turn, it will dim down the audio (music) to make sure I can hear the directions clearly.

As my car does not have steering controls, I am unable to comment. But the installer did say that it is universal and reminded me to keep the cables for steering controls which may come in handy some day.

Thanks again for your reply! Cool to see that it works well with a S6, as my wife is using one :) I'm wondering if the HU can connect to my iPhone 6s and my wife's S6 at the same time :p

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:30 PM

Stiener
  • Premium member
    Stiener
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks again for your reply! Cool to see that it works well with a S6, as my wife is using one :) I'm wondering if the HU can connect to my iPhone 6s and my wife's S6 at the same time :p

Just make sure you prepare 2 USB cables. Carplay reads IOs connection through USB1 while Android Auto reads Android through USB 2.

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:56 PM

Rions3
  • Rions3
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Just make sure you prepare 2 USB cables. Carplay reads IOs connection through USB1 while Android Auto reads Android through USB 2.

Cool, now I am interested to get this. Can you recommend a workshop that I can go to? 

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:36 PM

Stiener
  • Premium member
    Stiener
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I did not install it at a workshop. Bought it at Sim LIM Tower and installed it downstairs.

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:23 AM

Spherex
  • Premium member
    Spherex
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Heard that 8850 does not support mirrorlink, 8750 supports mirrorlink.

Is this true?

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Pioneer AVH-X5850BT

Pioneer AVH-X5850BT  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by TaichiMaster  |  Neutral Newbie

The parking features is lacking.

Installed this together with a rear view camera. The image quality is so-so for Pioneer products and there isn't a parking grid line for estimation. Very hard to gauge. The design is very modern. Got bought over by the design. Most of the but... » Read More

Pioneer AVH-1450DVD DVD Player

Pioneer AVH-1450DVD DVD Player  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by AcuraNSX  |  Neutral Newbie

Basic- gets the job done

Backup camera attached, ability to access iPod functions, USB drive, mp3 CD, and the usual radio. Functionality is what you expect

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : pioneer avh-x8850bt, DVD Player

Quick Reply

Tags: avh-8850bt, pioneer, avh-x8850bt and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users