Pioneer AVH-X8850BT

Idaddy88

Thanks!! My honda doesn't come with the USB and HDMI sockets. Where can I find such parts?

I don't remember seeing HDMI sockets. For USB socket you can find it in Aliexpress, Taobao, Ebay or Carousell.
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I don't remember seeing HDMI sockets. For USB socket you can find it in Aliexpress, Taobao, Ebay or Carousell.

Thanks!let me shop around and then find a good workshop to install. :)

Thanks!! My honda doesn't come with the USB and HDMI sockets. Where can I find such parts?

Bro, just use a normal USB extension cable and a normal HDMI cable will do. Pass them to your installer and ask them to hook up for you.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bro, just use a normal USB extension cable and a normal HDMI cable will do. Pass them to your installer and ask them to hook up for you.

Thanks bro! :P

Thanks Spherex, i have a iphone, connect to USB1 (show on HU) using normal iphone charging cable, have installed app radio, live on iphone, still cant see the live logo on HU. tried on the car play and off, also can not....dont know what happen...

You might want to check whether your USB cable is connected to the USB1 or USB2 port behind the head unit. Just to be sure.

Or try plugging in a thumbdrive with MP3 into the USB cable, and see whether your screen show the thumbdrive as USB1 or USB2.

Does this support GPS module?

Yes it supports. You can add GPS module and software.

• Praise 1

That's great. Thanks.

I have downloaded the Android Auto APK from http://www.apkmirror.com/

Android auto works on the 8850, if you are using a supported android phone. Just need to download the Android Auto APK.

It does not mirror the phone display.

It connects to your phone and enable specific apps to display on the screen.

Eg. Google Navigation (using phone GPS), Spotify, Google Now, SMS, Whatsapp notifications, etc.

Neutral Newbie

Interesting. Which dealer are you using? I'm interested in this option.

Hi!

How is the quality of the 8850 so far?

I was given the option to upgrade to this unit for my new vehicle.

Neutral Newbie

I was searching high and low for a solution to my problem, and google led me to this site.

I got a R8 a couple of months back, and the head unit that came with it sucks big time. No GPS, no touch screen, completely useless.

Found from an oversea R8 site that someone installed one of the older Pioneer head unit with good results. I found the Pioneer site and went to one of their dealers at Serangoon Gardens.

Dealer said that my car may have some settings in the current head unit and that if I replaced it with the Pioneer unit, may cause problems.

I then checked with the Audi engineer and he said something about their head unit sharing some bus with the car's control module. Therefore, it is not advisable to make the change, unless I can find someone that knows about R8 to do so.

So, my question is, can someone here recommend such an expert installer?

Thanks!

(edited)

Funciona solo con Android auto

Si instalas un teléfono con MHL puedes utilizar AppRadio que funciona mucho mejor....

Para utilizar mirrorlink se nesecita un accesorio opcional que se conecta RGB yo espero q me llegue en unos 22 días lo pedí en China es exclusivo para DEH-X8850BT y puede funcionar inalambrico el modo espejo

Gracias por la información

Edited by Spherex

Hi, the installer of my 8850BT left just one of the USB cable dangling outside the glove compartment and I can't use android auto but car play works fine, does it mean they fix the cable to USB1 instead of USB2? Is there a recommended workshop that can rectify this and maybe install a nice interface at the front panel for all the interfaces (2xUSB and HDMI)?

I had the same problem but managed to solve it. for android auto to work, the usb cable must be plugged in to the phone and the usb2 port at the back. initially, i was using the usb extension cable that was dangling in the glove compartment. android auto wont work on these usb extension. so u need to find a long usb cable to connect your phone to the back of the the 8850 directly.

hope this helps you to get android auto started.

guys do you know how to mirrorlink 8850?

wanna watch you tube [;)]

8850 does not support mirrorlink.

Maybe you can buy additional miracast dongle and connect to the HDMI.

Yes, it is possible.

Oh thats great. I thought need to pull handbrake first before can watch.

Anyone updated to firmware 1.03 yet?

↡ Advertisement