Pioneer AVH-X8850BT

Idaddy88

I updated for a few days already. Saw a few minor changes in the menu. No difference in terms of sound quality or sound related setings. (My system is simple 4 speakers driven by HU).

I emailed Pioneer sg last week asking what are the changes as there is no description at all in the documentation. No reply yet.

Oh thats great. I thought need to pull handbrake first before can watch.
Anyone updated to firmware 1.03 yet?

↡ Advertisement

I updated for a few days already. Saw a few minor changes in the menu. No difference in terms of sound quality or sound related setings. (My system is simple 4 speakers driven by HU).

I emailed Pioneer sg last week asking what are the changes as there is no description at all in the documentation. No reply yet.

Yup I wrote in to Pioneer too to ask for change log. No reply from them as well.

For the video playback on the move, do we need any special bypass module?

I thought the manual said no video watching while on the move.

And did y'all watch from DVD or USB?

Yup I wrote in to Pioneer too to ask for change log. No reply from them as well.

For the video playback on the move, do we need any special bypass module?

I thought the manual said no video watching while on the move.

And did y'all watch from DVD or USB?

I am watching from USB thumbdrive.

Oh thats great. I thought need to pull handbrake first before can watch.

Anyone updated to firmware 1.03 yet?

Hi. I am watching on the go via usb and cd rom. no need pull handbrake first

how to upgrade the firmware?

Neutral Newbie

Trying to use android auto with the Samsung S7.

Installed the APK but when connecting to the head unit it says that it is not available in the country.

Know some people have already made it work, can share how it was done.

Used the latest APK from apkmirror using the arm64 version.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/android-auto-1-6-2825091-release-release/

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Installed the APK but when connecting to the head unit it says that it is not available in the country.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/android-auto-1-6-2825091-release-release/

Trial and error, got many version.
  • Praise 1

Hi. I used the June 9 version.  it works for me. I used it on more than one samsung device. all no problem

• Praise 1

Does the installer need to cut or drill any parts of our car? Particularly for the microphone?

Can the wire of the microphone be hidden? Or it will be running across the dash?

Is the unit picky about the brand of USB 3.0 Extender cable used? I got some from AmazonBasic, not sure if it will work.

Has anyone managed to use Android Auto with a Nexus 6P? Or any other USB Type C device?

I intend to get 2 x USB3.0 Extender, a HDMI Extender and an AUX-IN cable for the installation.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My installer did not need to cut or drill for the mic, just clipped the mic next to the visor and routed the wire around the windscreen trim to A pillar. So no wire visible.

For the USB extension cable, there was 1 already included with the unit. I plugged this into USB 1.

USB 2 I used an the existing cable that was connected to my phone dock, worked for both charging and Android auto. So as long as it is a standard USB cable it should be fine.

Ok my installer didn't connect one wire. Auto dimmer works now.

One thing to check. Those using Android phones, when you use Bluetooth audio to play music, is the browse button on the right side, the three horizontal lines, greyed out?

Hi guys I got another navigation app sygic in my android hp. Will it work with the head unit or only the Google Apps? Use the sygic for navigating in jb.

Hi mosfet212, currently Sygic do not have Android Auto compatibility. Hence you will not be able to use it via AA.

But i think you can try to use it via mirroring thru HDMI. This one need to check with other folks here on how and whether it works.

One thing to check. Those using Android phones, when you use Bluetooth audio to play music, is the browse button on the right side, the three horizontal lines, greyed out?

mine also only one cable...

Damn Sianz....

• Praise 1

Hi bro, may i know where you get this HU from?

I am thinking to buy one, but cash and carry (going to DIY).

If possible, please PM me the price you paid and where you bought it from.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1