Pioneer AVH-X8850BT

Idaddy88

(edited)

that's mean I need to update the firmware. Can it works local ROM?

Global rom is the local SG rom

there should be only two ROMs, china ROM and Global ROM for rest of world.

Edited by TangoElite
  • Praise 1

yeah that's right... just google about this information.

paiseh.

No worries. Just be aware that the feature is sensitive to the quality of your cable. I was getting frequent crashes using the stock charging cable provided with the phone, as well as another cable I bought in Sim Lim. Finally tried a Verbatim cable from Popular bookstore and it is stable now. Be sure the extension cable from the head unit is plugged into USB Port 2 not Port 1.

Anyone got Lobang for pioneer 8850, local set , local warranty. I do not need installation service . Wonder where I can buy and how much will it be.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I updated my firmware to 1.05 but Bluetooth cannot update and give me Error-2. Now my Bluetooth cannot work. Any bro and sis, any help?

Edited by Biocop
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Anyone got Lobang for pioneer 8850, local set , local warranty. I do not need installation service . Wonder where I can buy and how much will it be.

Is $595 lowbang enough for you?

If it is, do a search on Oz bargains you will find the info there.

I was just searching for info on this unit before buying it and found this site, I signed up to help people out looking for a great priced unit.

I am in no way associated with the sellers, I just like sharing bargains.

If you use cashrewards you can save a further $11 (like I did).

I am upgrading from an AVH-P4300DVD so it will be interesting to see how it compares.

This is all assuming you are from Australia, like the OP's link suggests. 

I was just searching for info on this unit before buying it and found this site, I signed up to help people out looking for a great priced unit.

I am upgrading from an AVH-P4300DVD so it will be interesting to see how it compares.

Thanks ! I am referring to local set ( Singapore) and covered  Local ( Singapore ) warranty.

OZ bargains web.. is selling within Australia ? price in aus dollar not include shipping yet rite?

Edited by wongj

Neutral Newbie

Thanks ! I am referring to local set ( Singapore) and covered  Local ( Singapore ) warranty.

OZ bargains web.. is selling within Australia ? price in aus dollar not include shipping yet rite?

Not sure, it's including shipping to Australia. It's done through Ebay so you could follow the links and check.

I've bought 4 of these Pioneer double DIN head units from the USA  over the years (I keep upgrading in the same car) and I realised that I had no warranty, and i've never needed it. I sell the old units and it usually only costs me around $200 to upgrade to a new one.

Warranty issue how?

Neutral Newbie

Warranty issue how?

I'm not sure if Pioneer has international warranty like some brands, probably not.

I was only putting this out there because the original poster (idaddy88) linked to an Australian website in his first post, so I assumed there must be a few Australians on here.

Not sure, it's including shipping to Australia. It's done through Ebay so you could follow the links and check.

I've bought 4 of these Pioneer double DIN head units from the USA  over the years (I keep upgrading in the same car) and I realised that I had no warranty, and i've never needed it. I sell the old units and it usually only costs me around $200 to upgrade to a new one.

Does your USA headunit have limited radio stations in Spore? As I know it can only change by 0.2Mhz and not 0.05Mhz for local sets.

Neutral Newbie

Does your USA headunit have limited radio stations in Spore? As I know it can only change by 0.2Mhz and not 0.05Mhz for local sets.

Yes it does only have 0.2Mhz increments on odd numbers, my AVH-X8850BT arrived yesterday so I'm not sure what it does till I install it.That's all you need in

Australia, I very rarely use the radio anyway with these premium sets I'd rather listen to music of my choice, not the radio. I understand that others listen to news and radio shows but that's not me.You guys must have a lot of radio station transmitters in a small area over there to need 0.05Mhz increments, but we dont have that issue. Can you even use AM radio over there as I'd imagine all the channels would interfere with each other (unless there isn't many AM stations).

Neutral Newbie

Does anyone have problem using Appradiolive on 8850? I am using iPhone and has no problem using CarPlay but when I exit to main screen to try Appradiolive, it is showing that my phone is not connected with a X on the apps button.

I tried both USB ports and doesn't help. I also changed the smartphone setup settings and still cannot connect.

Anyone who can help is greatly appreciated. 

Yes it does only have 0.2Mhz increments on odd numbers, my AVH-X8850BT arrived yesterday so I'm not sure what it does till I install it.That's all you need in

Australia, I very rarely use the radio anyway with these premium sets I'd rather listen to music of my choice, not the radio. I understand that others listen to news and radio shows but that's not me.You guys must have a lot of radio station transmitters in a small area over there to need 0.05Mhz increments, but we dont have that issue. Can you even use AM radio over there as I'd imagine all the channels would interfere with each other (unless there isn't many AM stations).

I see, thanks for clarifying. As I know, Australia headunits is also increasing in 0.2Mhz, same as those from USA.

For me, I enjoy listening to the radio show on the way to and from work. I toggle between 92.00 and 93.80 Mhz. so USA and Australia head units are no no for me.

↡ Advertisement