About the new Hyundai Accent 1.4 litre

Hoonigan

Supercharged

All the view already discussed in the older thread, best that u go down and feel for yourself. I cannot imagine driving auto version of this car.

Supercharged

i think it would be good to share my last Saturday test drive with this car.

overall, it is a good decent car.

my only complaint

- steel rim

- steering wheel is too light, i dont even feel any handling, probably due to the nowadays technology and small tire size of 175/14...

- acceleration is slow, i need to step harder to get my usual drive.

- limited available colors.. only left 4 colors now

regretfully, i didn't sign nor purchase the car.  [:p]

not that i dont like it, waiting for the price to go down further. 

my only complaint

- steel rim

- steering wheel is too light, i dont even feel any handling, probably due to the nowadays technology and small tire size of 175/14...

regretfully, i didn't sign nor purchase the car.  [:p]

Indeed regretfully you didnt sign after you test drive. Lol. Wonder if the steering wheel is lighter than elantra?

I would go for accent for the price. During test drive, feel that the acceleration is ok for me, anything is better than my previous Aveo. The width and comfort level same as my Aveo. Din mind the CVT at all. Price was good. But then asked my wife to test drive again the Elantra, then due to premium feel directly went for elantra.

Steel rims is only the test drive unit? Last I heard the Accent comes with sports rim, and leather seats. The test drive unit is not the exact specs level.

• Praise 1

I would go for accent for the price. During test drive, feel that the acceleration is ok for me, anything is better than my previous Aveo. The width and comfort level same as my Aveo. Din mind the CVT at all. Price was good. But then asked my wife to test drive again the Elantra, then due to premium feel directly went for elantra.

Steel rims is only the test drive unit? Last I heard the Accent comes with sports rim, and leather seats. The test drive unit is not the exact specs level.

Luckily your wife never test drive sonata...
  • Praise 4

Supercharged

yeah, i admit.

i might miss this good opportunity, somehow, my gut feeling tells me it will eventually went down.

hopefully, i dont land myself in a squeezed ball scenario..  [knife]

steel rims are standard.

leather seats are inclusive.

the test drive unit is horrible,  steering is not straight at all.

The SE mentioned a few days ago, someone mount kerb with the test drive and they dont have spare units hence had to live with it..

• Praise 1

my only complaint

- steel rim

regretfully, i didn't sign nor purchase the car. [:p]

Most probably price will go up again
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

Most probably price will go up again

yeah, it's inevitable.

the showrooms were packed with customers, i guess COE will probably goes up again.

Hopefully some time in april or june, then may stand a chance.  [:p]

yeah, it's inevitable.

the showrooms were packed with customers, i guess COE will probably goes up again.

Hopefully some time in april or june, then may stand a chance.  [:p]

You should go in now and buy with cheap price and get a higher coe value,lol..

• Praise 2

I went test drive both Accent n Elantra last sat, found that accent actually handles better than the elantra although overall built quality goes to elantra, u just need to slam both car door n can immediately feel the difference.

The komoco accent also is last face lift model cos the new accent is already out in India/ China and soon the rest of the world, so those who intend to buy the current accent got to take note u r buying a EOL item n dun get upset when see a later model appearing on our roads next year.

Most probably i will get a Accent on the next coe dip, lets hope this coming bid coe dun rises too much.

• Praise 3

Bought the Accent 1.4M HB in end-2016 ðð¼ðð¼ðð¼ðð¼ðð¼

It's near-100 bhp/ton - is close to my past Alfa Romeo 33TI 1.5 twin-carb Webers.

A "proper" 4-cylinder engine config - compared to some of its entry-level, whimsical 3-pot peers.

Disc brakes all round and a heavy-biased electric PS.

Upgraded mine to super-light 15-inch Japanese Advan Racing RG-II, shod with Michelin PS3 ST tyres.

It's handling and overall F/R balance is well sorted out.

Tougher (thicker gauge) Korean steel cladded all round

Try slamming the bonnet lid, or rear hatch door of the Jazz for comparison - PIAK! :D

The 6-speed manual is truly exhilirating, actual 0-100 measured 10+ secs (vs paper spec), all the way to 7K red line.

Full-leather wrapped steering wheel, very well installed - FOC compliments from KMC.

Compared to the other cars that I had tested in similar price range back then ... Attrage, Bezza, M2, Jazz ... all these can fall out.

Esp those with CVT w/o a manual option. Lackadaisical.

The only one that came close (or better) is the VW Polo ... for $10K more back then. But I very scared of their DSG "reputation" lor!

Fully agree..now that the Accent is back, it is a strong contender to the makes mentioned. A pity the Accent & even Rio fr Kia was taken off the shelves when ivwas shopping last 2017.
  • Praise 1

Fully agree..now that the Accent is back, it is a strong contender to the makes mentioned. A pity the Accent & even Rio fr Kia was taken off the shelves when ivwas shopping last 2017.

With the new VES system favoring small (<2L), NA (non-turbo), MPI (non direct-injection) engined cars, tia kong KMC will be introducing the 2018 Accent soon ... but will probably be called Verna.

With that, I think C&C will certainly also re-introduce their 2018 KIA Rio.

Which means more choices for buyers eyeing at the Neutral-VES car models!

Dilly Dally here and there sure will not get good price

You should go in now and buy with cheap price and get a higher coe value,lol..

Slamming door hard is not a gauge of well built. Where you get this thinking from?

I went test drive both Accent n Elantra last sat, found that accent actually handles better than the elantra although overall built quality goes to elantra, u just need to slam both car door n can immediately feel the difference.

The komoco accent also is last face lift model cos the new accent is already out in India/ China and soon the rest of the world, so those who intend to buy the current accent got to take note u r buying a EOL item n dun get upset when see a later model appearing on our roads next year.

Most probably i will get a Accent on the next coe dip, lets hope this coming bid coe dun rises too much.

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1