About the new Hyundai Accent 1.4 litre

Hoonigan

Twincharged

Stock Rim size 14" look rather small to me. Can support 15" and even 16" will be good alternative.

I would suggest 15”. And go for 195/55/15. Not too much different in the rolling distance and you have plenty of tire options with reasonable prices. With 16” you start to compromise fuel economy. 14” is hopeless in getting decent tires, unless you head to JB.
↡ Advertisement

I would suggest 15â. And go for 195/55/15. Not too much different in the rolling distance and you have plenty of tire options with reasonable prices. With 16â you start to compromise fuel economy. 14â is hopeless in getting decent tires, unless you head to JB.

Got lah, Dunlop sports made in Thailand tyres at $80 per piece.

For aesthetic and handling purposes, go straight for 16" rims with 205/50/R16 tyres.

My Dad had changed to 16" wheels for his Accent using Yokohama ES32 tyres.

FC difference between 15" and 16" is very minimal; at most probably 1km/L difference.

Do the math and see if you are willing to pay the extra monies for additional petrol per month.

My Dad is getting about 12km/L for 50% highway/ 50% city driving routine.

• Praise 2

I would suggest 15â. And go for 195/55/15. Not too much different in the rolling distance and you have plenty of tire options with reasonable prices. With 16â you start to compromise fuel economy. 14â is hopeless in getting decent tires, unless you head to JB.

Got lah, cheap Dunlop made in Thailand tyres.

Twincharged

Got lah, cheap Dunlop made in Thailand tyres.

Haha, no so decent IMHO. I usually don’t skim on tires.

Twincharged
(edited)

Mai hiam buay pai

The size is really odd 175/70R14..

Dunlop SP Sport 01

https://www.dunlop.eu/en_gb/consumer/tires/dunlop_sp_sport_01.SPT01.html

Drove a Kangoo before using 14in. Not many choices. Had an accident once cause brakes locked(no ABS) on the wet road with poor 14in tires. After that decided to be spendy and bought good tires. Had to be indented from Japan. I guess I was the only van running 14in performance tires. Haha.

Never had problems till scrapped. To me tires are very important.

Edited by Mkl22

Drove a Kangoo before using 14in. Not many choices. Had an accident once cause brakes locked(no ABS) on the wet road with poor 14in tires. After that decided to be spendy and bought good tires. Had to be indented from Japan. I guess I was the only van running 14in performance tires. Haha.

Never had problems till scrapped. To me tires are very important.

Orh my first ride was 13 inch. Then second ride was 14 inch which I drove for close to 10 years.

Now continuing with 14 inch. Cos accent default rims and tyres are 14 inch.. No choice lah. XD

I'm getting ard 14 km per litre but then I drive only on non peak hours n with gradual acceleration, maybe that's why my fc ish good.

my partner and i just picked up a used Accent 1.4, can let me know how to join the watsapps grp?

Sent you the link, bro :)

Turbocharged

For aesthetic and handling purposes, go straight for 16" rims with 205/50/R16 tyres.

My Dad had changed to 16" wheels for his Accent using Yokohama ES32 tyres.

FC difference between 15" and 16" is very minimal; at most probably 1km/L difference.

Do the math and see if you are willing to pay the extra monies for additional petrol per month.

My Dad is getting about 12km/L for 50% highway/ 50% city driving routine.

'205' tyres would make the Acent severly underpowered & noisy ride.

The 2001 Accent had even thinner tyres - 155/70R13.

'205' tyres would make the Acent severly underpowered & noisy ride.

The 2001 Accent had even thinner tyres - 155/70R13.

The car was probably smaller and lighter?