About the new Hyundai Accent 1.4 litre

Hoonigan

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, i was quoted 65799 by komoco. Will it be a good buy? I felt that the features are more impressive than the baseline elantra (keyless, reverse cam, bluetooth, Gps etc...) and also 5000 cheaper. Any advice?

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, i was quoted 65799 by komoco. Will it be a good buy? I felt that the features are more impressive than the baseline elantra (keyless, reverse cam, bluetooth, Gps etc...) and also 5000 cheaper. Any advice?

At 66k, very good buy.

I also choose to buy Accent over basic Elantra, besides the additional features, i actually felt the Accent drives better than it after test driving both car twice.

However, features aside, can't denied Elantra is the bigger/more solid built car and safer too with 6 airbags, so it depends on the individual assessment/requirement for a new car. 

Yeah, if going for Elantra, buy S is the more sensible choice, alot more features for that extra 4k.

Neutral Newbie

At 66k, very good buy.

I also choose to buy Accent over basic Elantra, besides the additional features, i actually felt the Accent drives better than it after test driving both car twice.

However, features aside, can't denied Elantra is the bigger/more solid built car and safer too with 6 airbags, so it depends on the individual assessment/requirement for a new car.

Yeah, if going for Elantra, buy S is the more sensible choice, alot more features for that extra 4k.

Thanks for the info.

The current price is listed as 70999 by komoco and i managed to reduce it to 65799 by opting out from the servicing and from 2 to 6 non guranteed coe bid.

I was just wondering if the final price will still be same if i were to buy say 3 mths ago, when the coe was still on the high side? Cause back then the listed price was 68999. If i were to opt out from the same thing, wouldnt it be cheaper if i were to buy 3 mths back? It dont really make sense cause the car is cheaper when the coe is higher? Any guru can advisw on this?

I dun think Accent listed price had drop below 70k before till last round COE big drop, u can check SGcarmart for historic selling price.

Or u can wait n see first since COE looks to be sluggish for the coming 2 - 3 months.

I bought the car due to immediate family needs, so not so particular abt the price back then, i will wait too if dun have urgent need for a car.

Hope u can get yr car soon.

Thanks for the info.

The current price is listed as 70999 by komoco and i managed to reduce it to 65799 by opting out from the servicing and from 2 to 6 non guranteed coe bid.

I was just wondering if the final price will still be same if i were to buy say 3 mths ago, when the coe was still on the high side? Cause back then the listed price was 68999. If i were to opt out from the same thing, wouldnt it be cheaper if i were to buy 3 mths back? It dont really make sense cause the car is cheaper when the coe is higher? Any guru can advisw on this?

The pricing doesn't make sense... so don't bother too much... most important is to buy at the price you can afford...

Of course buying at a lower price with a higher COE is always welcome... it just means you have better sell-on price... but if you intend to keep the car, then lowest possible price regardless of COE premiums means you have the lowest depreciation over 10 years... the PARF won't matter much cos it's probably the same... unless there's a significant spec difference or there has been a huge shift in the S$-KrWon exchange lor...

Neutral Newbie

The pricing doesn't make sense... so don't bother too much... most important is to buy at the price you can afford...

Of course buying at a lower price with a higher COE is always welcome... it just means you have better sell-on price... but if you intend to keep the car, then lowest possible price regardless of COE premiums means you have the lowest depreciation over 10 years... the PARF won't matter much cos it's probably the same... unless there's a significant spec difference or there has been a huge shift in the S$-KrWon exchange lor...

Thanks all for your advise. I have decided to go will it since the price is the same as the sports variant of attrage. I guess it is a no brainer decision haha.

Thanks all for your advise. I have decided to go will it since the price is the same as the sports variant of attrage. I guess it is a no brainer decision haha.

Different feature sets for the same pricing I guess... Accent has more upmarket features like keyless entry with push button start but the Attrage Sport has the nice bodykit...

Thanks for the info.

68999? Thats the lowest possible price 3 months back. Listed price should plus at least 3K more

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Just wondering what is the process like after making full payment for a car? Have made payment for my Accent about two weeks ago, but the SE has not informed me to do registration, and I still don't know the car plate number etc. Should I be chasing her already?

Thanks for the advice!

Neutral Newbie

68999? Thats the lowest possible price 3 months back. Listed price should plus at least 3K more

The pricelist listed on 5 jul in sgcarmart was 66999, the lowest for the past 6 mths. I think the price make sense now cause it is the lowest when the coe is at 25000. So the current listed price of 70999 is just a gimmick. You can just bargain it to 66999 by changing the number of coe bidding from 2 to 6 and by opting out from the free servicing.

The pricelist listed on 5 jul in sgcarmart was 66999, the lowest for the past 6 mths. I think the price make sense now cause it is the lowest when the coe is at 25000. So the current listed price of 70999 is just a gimmick. You can just bargain it to 66999 by changing the number of coe bidding from 2 to 6 and by opting out from the free servicing.

Lol. Its nothing new.

In earlg april. ACCENT is going for 67k @36K COE...

But then... no front/rear cam as standard

Neutral Newbie

Lol. Its nothing new.

In earlg april. ACCENT is going for 67k @36K COE...

But then... no front/rear cam as standard

Then there is really no such thing as “best time to buy when coe is low” zzzz.

Hi all,

Just wondering what is the process like after making full payment for a car? Have made payment for my Accent about two weeks ago, but the SE has not informed me to do registration, and I still don't know the car plate number etc. Should I be chasing her already?

Thanks for the advice!

Have you secured your COE? If not, then likely it will be bid and secured today. No COE how to register  [laugh] . Besides, when did SE claim to be able to deliver your car? 

Neutral Newbie

Have you secured your COE? If not, then likely it will be bid and secured today. No COE how to register [laugh] . Besides, when did SE claim to be able to deliver your car?

Yup, have secured my COE in the previous round of bidding. the SE said car will arrive last weekend..

Then there is really no such thing as âbest time to buy when coe is lowâ zzzz.

Its depend on perspective.

When Car price will adjust low due to plunge and COE is expect to rebound. Then its good time to buy cos the paper value gain (provided get COE when it spike).

Its depreciate lower due to low price and there is the potential gain when selling because of higher COE.

Its depend on perspective.

When Car price will adjust low due to plunge and COE is expect to rebound. Then its good time to buy cos the paper value gain (provided get COE when it spike).

Its depreciate lower due to low price and there is the potential gain when selling because of higher COE.

That's also must depends AD willing to bid for you anot.

If AD don't bid for you this few rounds and wait till coe drop to 20k(if it happens) then bid for you,you still lose cos by the time those who enter and purchase will only pay 60k for it.lol...

That's also must depends AD willing to bid for you anot.

If AD don't bid for you this few rounds and wait till coe drop to 20k(if it happens) then bid for you,you still lose cos by the time those who enter and purchase will only pay 60k for it.lol...

Yalor. I also mentioned lor, if get COE when it spike
  • Praise 1