Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
211 replies to this topic | 833 praises

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:20 PM

conti-man
  • conti-man
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi friends

As above.  I'm considering a BMW 740i 3-litre or a Porsche Panamera 3-litre.  Any comments?  I also welcome any other suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Angcheek praised this

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:23 PM

east41st
  • east41st
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Why not brand new?

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:29 PM

Bacteria83
  • Premium member
    Bacteria83
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I will take Panamera, although ugly but the prestige, quality and drive I feel is more superior than BMW

Jamesc praised this

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:56 PM

conti-man
  • conti-man
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Why not brand new?

For the kinds of cars that I have in mind, I won't be able to buy brand new with SGD 300,000.  Brand new 740i (latest model) is about SGD 430,000 while brand mew Panamera base model is about SGD 500,000, I think.

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:06 PM

Ttl1976
  • Premium member
    Ttl1976
    5th Gear
    Author Image

need to know your use bro.
2 seaters or 4seaters?

for 300k
i will consider

6 series roofless
maserati (last of my list thou)
Bentley GTC
porsche 911
jaguar f type
R8
M3, M4, M5

if 2 seaters, i will buy 911 in a heartbeat.
if 4 seaters, 6 series

Edited by Ttl1976, 20 March 2016 - 11:07 PM.

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:27 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I will suggest 7er. Very practical and fun driving it too..

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:02 AM

Arotech
  • Premium member
    Arotech
    Clutched
    Author Image

I think that the 7 will drive better and more practical as it can take 5easily. The porky is a strict 4seated. The porky is not as common as the 7 on road the. So.... really depends.

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:16 AM

Aukang
  • Premium member
    Aukang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Mercedes S series?

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:45 AM

conti-man
  • conti-man
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I'm sorry I didn't specify earlier.  I'm looking for a 4-door car.  4-seater or 5-seater is not so important.  Suitable for business use and yet not too mature.

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:56 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Panamera
Its a diff level from 7 series

Unless u looking for comfort
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:23 AM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I'm sorry I didn't specify earlier. I'm looking for a 4-door car. 4-seater or 5-seater is not so important. Suitable for business use and yet not too mature.

Well.7 series is already too mature. So your choice is cleared.

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:50 AM

CYHew
  • CYHew
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

SUV looks more appropriate for business. BM X5?

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:10 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

e class for me, not too shabby and not too prestige..plus 300K can get u a well spec, brand new unit

every day wont be the same after you make a wrong decision.

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

sake
  • Premium member
    sake
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For 300k i will go for  new base Macan over  preowned  Panamera. 5 yrs free maintenance and servicing. But between panamera and 740i, definitely panamera.

Edited by sake, 21 March 2016 - 09:09 AM.

Sp4wn praised this

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nowadays why ppl buy car must ask public opinion

I wonder

StefanK, Opel17, Doppel and Albeniz praised this

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:06 AM

sake
  • Premium member
    sake
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Nowadays why ppl buy car must ask public opinion

I wonder

Same reason why we reply......topic of interest.

Cephas praised this

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:12 AM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

why buy 2nd Hand??   [idea] , can get 3 Jepun or Korea cars brand new, with spare change still [:p]    

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:13 AM

Chowyunfatt
  • Premium member
    Chowyunfatt
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Neither ... I will buy a Quattroporte ... 

Its Not How You Pick Your Nose...Its Where You Flick The Booger...!!!

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:19 AM

Sp4wn
  • Premium member
    Sp4wn
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Neither ... I will buy a Quattroporte ... 

too many GB problem for used maserati QP. 

the panamera is not bad, but as someone said, id rather buy a new macan with peace of mind. i think the macan is currently about 280k, so you'll have change left over to make your wife happy also :D

sake praised this

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

sake
  • Premium member
    sake
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

too many GB problem for used maserati QP. 

the panamera is not bad, but as someone said, id rather buy a new macan with peace of mind. i think the macan is currently about 280k, so you'll have change left over to make your wife happy also :D

I am that someone.  [laugh]

ps. too much time in hand. [thumbsup]

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

BMW 7 Series

BMW 7 Series  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by DriveSlow  |  Neutral Newbie

730Li - Still Wonderful !

It is almost a year now driving my 730Li. So quiet and comfortable coming from a 523i. Everything works. Engine and gear changes are super smooth. Most journeys are effortless. All the comfort features are in the current model plus more.

BMW 7 Series

BMW 7 Series  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by SamuelEng  |  Neutral Newbie

A Comfortable and easy to handle luxury vehicle

It comprises of most unique features that i love. GPS, Reverse Cameras, Auto braking which maximizes the standards of safety!

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Porsche Panamera, BMW 7 Series

Quick Reply

Tags: your advice is appreciated, bmw and 7 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users