Makan in Bali

dcb

Just got back from Bali last night. Ended up only leaving the resort once in the four days we were there, took my gf to Kilo for dinner on Friday night.

The food at the resort was so damn good we were whacking room service every day. Had dinner at CIRE on Saturday night, interesting dishes and pretty good overall. But being at Uluwatu it's about 45-60 minutes from the Kuta/Seminyak area.

Any good food to intro at Tulamben & Sanur bro? 

Hope your dives went well... :)  I'm off to Bali in mid May... 

Turbocharged

Going to Dive in Nusa Penida again this August. Any nice makan recommendation in Canggu and Sanur?

Just realised it's been almost a year since i've been to Bali. Apart from the italian food i'll usually also stop by The Fire Station for drinks and food too.

Down that area of Sanur (Jln Danau Tamblingan near the roundabout) there are lots of restaurants, just walk down the road and see what catches your fancy.

Be careful diving at Penida/Lembongan. The usual warnings apply. watch for downcurrents at crystal bay and don't blindly follow the dive guides deep just to look for molas if you're not comfortable (and watch your air/your buddy's air!). Also watch out for titan triggerfish along the north side of lembongan (Mangrove dive site, great drift dive though).

Going to Dive in Nusa Penida again this August. Any nice makan recommendation in Canggu and Sanur?

Inside Canggu.. there is a water theme park...  the restaurants inside pretty ok when i was there...  not that memorable until i rem the restaurant name.. but definitely not bad that i have to remember the name too! lol 

pretty decent la.. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

This will be my 4th year diving in Bali. Will not stop till I spot the Mola.

Just realised it's been almost a year since i've been to Bali. Apart from the italian food i'll usually also stop by The Fire Station for drinks and food too.

Down that area of Sanur (Jln Danau Tamblingan near the roundabout) there are lots of restaurants, just walk down the road and see what catches your fancy.

Be careful diving at Penida/Lembongan. The usual warnings apply. watch for downcurrents at crystal bay and don't blindly follow the dive guides deep just to look for molas if you're not comfortable (and watch your air/your buddy's air!). Also watch out for titan triggerfish along the north side of lembongan (Mangrove dive site, great drift dive though).

We booked a Villa ( Amnaya resort @Kuta ) highly recommended to stay if one is looking for quiet ambience & family bonding ( first time in Bali ) or for seniors who are to rekindle their love romance.

Resort comes with daily breakfast ( ala carte so no wastage of food ) unlike Buffet style, we must admit it was refreshing initially and every meals were place to order to individual likely, it was up to our expectation and great service nonetheless, A complimentary 15 minutes of head & shoulder massage thrown in by resort management. Room were hugh with king size bed and balcony

Room were clean, attentive room service and laundry towel were change w/o being asked, Staff greets us every moment each guests passed by, one got to get used to the narrow street access to the resort , approx 95m away for the main street, s slow 10-15 mins walk to Kuta Pantai Beach where the action comes into play. The famous beach walk mall is just across the beach where one can leaner how to surf board or tan in the open sandy beach and walking bare foot across east to west, Sunset was lovely wight he ocean wave thundering across the beach. We had local indonesian food, Chinense paradise rest@ very reasonable prices, a decent meals of 4 dishes cost us $35-37/ in total, whereby in Sunny Singapore is almost $80+-.

After 4 days/ 3 nights, we drag ourselves to the airport with wonderful memories afresh, hopefully to rekindle next round in Nusa Dua Bali in Nov2018 . -;)

↡ Advertisement