Seeking advice for changing of car seat leather

Ahksim

Neutral Newbie

Bros & Sis,

I am thinking of getting almost 10 yrs old GS300 and renew COE to drive another 10 yrs.  Plan to fully recondition including repray, change a complete set of leather for its interior.  Can bros and Sis here share your experience in changing car seat leather?  can we get something close to the original in term of quality?

Many thanks.

↡ Advertisement

many new cars are retrofitted locally.

my bimmer of 8 yrs old leather look sorry while the almost 10 yrs locally fitted lancer look stupendous.

no need so many thread on your inquiries.

I had my leather seats done after 5 years (with cloth seats) and I felt they looked better than the stock ones I saw (installed by the agent). Could be a personal bias though. :)

post-152230-0-74788600-1458712887_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

I had my leather seats done after 5 years (with cloth seats) and I felt they looked better than the stock ones I saw (installed by the agent). Could be a personal bias though. :)

Thank you for sharing.  Where did you go? and how much?

Thank you for sharing.  Where did you go? and how much?

Sure thing! I'm not sure if there are any policies regarding posting of prices in this forum, so I'll message you privately to be safe. :)

Moderators: Please let me know if I can post here and I will post here for everyone's reference. 

Neutral Newbie

Do it in Bolehland for 1/3 the price.

Hi

Can you please provide me the contacts and location?

I would like to change my leather seats to a new one.   10 year old.  Renewed COE.

Regards

Ryan Lee

Bros & Sis,

I am thinking of getting almost 10 yrs old GS300 and renew COE to drive another 10 yrs.  Plan to fully recondition including repray, change a complete set of leather for its interior.  Can bros and Sis here share your experience in changing car seat leather?  can we get something close to the original in term of quality?

Many thanks.

HI Ahksim

I believe you have changed your leather.

Can you advise me where to get a good one?

Best Regards

Ryan Lee

Hi,

You can try Tuffi IMD. I like what they did for my seats. Hope you find what you seek!

- Brandon

Hi brandon, tks for sharing the picture, your leather looks good.

May i know how much did you pay for it, full or half leather, pls advise, tks a lot.

Hi brandon, tks for sharing the picture, your leather looks good.

May i know how much did you pay for it, full or half leather, pls advise, tks a lot.

Thanks! :)

$950 for full leather... but this was about 5 years ago. 

I think half-leather was $750.

Thanks! Am also looking to change leather seats on my vehicle, this will come in handy for when I do decide to next year. :)

Thanks! Am also looking to change leather seats on my vehicle, this will come in handy for when I do decide to next year. :)

Great! It was a good way to refresh the cabin without spending a fortune on a new car. :) Ever since renewing COE, I've also resprayed the exterior for a more budget-friendly "new car feeling". :)

Hi Brandon, tks for replying.

In fact last month I had replaced my old FD civic leather to half leather, cost me less than $1k, honestly I don't quite like what I see & get, by looking at your picture it is so much better & nicer.

Not too sure whether should I drive down to the workshop your reco and have them at a look. Already both my front seats on both sides are sinking in :-(

Can you pls pm me the person who did it for you ? 

Tks a million, bro !

Hi Brandon, tks for replying.

In fact last month I had replaced my old FD civic leather to half leather, cost me less than $1k, honestly I don't quite like what I see & get, by looking at your picture it is so much better & nicer.

Not too sure whether should I drive down to the workshop your reco and have them at a look. Already both my front seats on both sides are sinking in :-(

Can you pls pm me the person who did it for you ? 

Tks a million, bro !

Ooh... sorry to hear about your experience! 

I did mine at Tuffi IMD when it was at Jurong West area. I think they may have moved.

Hope they can help with your situation.. maybe stuff the seats a bit more or something. :)

↡ Advertisement