2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

It's it true that subaru apart parts are expensive? 

Someone was telling me that motor image charges quite high for the spares. 

Maybe that's the reason for the higher insurance premiums. 

Not because it's a boy racer image 

↡ Advertisement

1.6 specs seems like better than 2.0, more feature minus the paddle shift. 

clarified with SE, the features sheet is the standard list for Asia. For SG, 1.6 & 2.0 are identical except 2.0 has paddle shift.

at the moment only 1.6 is for sales. the 2 display uniits at LK are 2.0 but test drive units are 1.6.

Edited by Jp66

Turbocharged

16l/100km = 5.95km/l... thats even worse than FXT being driven hard. 

Either they never reset trip comp, drive extremely hard for short distance, or they cock up and meant 16km/l.

But I never find ST motoring articles good. Often a lot of unchecked errors.

Edited by 7hm

Ytd went to test drive Impreza... surprisingly the feel and handling is good... but then the SE show me the insurance from AIG is $2980... whereas my current insurance is $1500 0 NCD

I have been comparing with others like civic, elantra etc..... this Impreza give me the "stability" feeling which me and my wife like it

Hi

Any comments on the noise level, how does the Impreza compares to other Jap/Korean cars?

Thanks.

16l/100km = 5.95km/l... thats even worse than FXT being driven hard. 

Either they never reset trip comp, drive extremely hard for short distance, or they cock up and meant 16km/l.

But I never find ST motoring articles good. Often a lot of unchecked errors.

The actual correct testing of FC cannot depends on the Trip Computer,the Newspaper/Magazines Editors should upon collect the Car,drive to a Petrol Station,top up the the petrol to full,check its Tyre pressure,reset the Trip meter,then start testing,after a certain distance,top up the tank,use the clocked distance/the number of Litres...then that is the correct FC,as done in Taiwanese BuyCarTV...

Hi

Any comments on the noise level, how does the Impreza compares to other Jap/Korean cars?

Thanks.

So far I test drive k3, elantra and Honda....

Noise level at driver seat is lowest for Subaru... but my wife who is sitting behind only complain about the bouncy feeling... even I did uturn or sharp turn... she wunt feel I m turning...

All cars tested is base on how I drive on my current altis... individual driving style will defer...

My 2 cents

Noise level at driver seat is lowest for Subaru... but my wife who is sitting behind only complain about the bouncy feeling... even I did uturn or sharp turn... she wunt feel I m turning...

All cars tested is base on how I drive on my current altis... individual driving style will defer...

My 2 cents

hows the pickup and responsiveness compared to the Altis?

hows the pickup and responsiveness compared to the Altis?

My altis is the 2008 model... so if I compare to my current altis...

The ride on Subaru is smoother and firm... handling very good!!

Only downside is the pickup... dun expect to rev up....

My 2 cents

Bouncy maybe because of tyres pressure. The one i test drove were 300 at stationery. It dropped to 280 while driving. For a 17 inch tyre, i think the pressure is too high (maybe i am wrong).

My altis is the 2008 model... so if I compare to my current altis...

The ride on Subaru is smoother and firm... handling very good!!

Only downside is the pickup... dun expect to rev up....

I am quite happy with the pickup, it is more responsive than Mz3. Just my own feeling.

Is 6.4L/100km but the insurance makes the car not value for money. I think AwD also higher maintenance cost than 2WD

The Subaru Symmetrical AWD transmission is a very simple elegent engineering design (one straight line without need for extra complicated joints to transfer force to additional directions) that has minimal maintenance requirements except some periodic change of oil for the differentials.

Also the 1.6 engine is the simplest among all the competitors.

It is a very simple to maintain NA engine.

Unlike Vezel with direct injection or QQ with turbo. 

If you go to Motor Image webpage, you can find the PDF download of their maintenance charges - not the most expensive among the ADs but also not the cheapest.  Somewhere in between.

Bouncy maybe because of tyres pressure. The one i test drove were 300 at stationery. It dropped to 280 while driving. For a 17 inch tyre, i think the pressure is too high (maybe i am wrong).

I am quite happy with the pickup, it is more responsive than Mz3. Just my own feeling.

You are right that tire pressue too high.

MI mechanics usually over-pump.

The cold pressue should be in low 220 or 210 for the older impreza.

Not sure the new one - can see the label on driver door frame for the right cold pressure to release to.

Once, you get right pressure, you will find the car behaves as in the ST review - very stable, goes over bumpy roads very well without transmitting the road to the car occupants and best of all, where you point the steering wheel, it will still go in that direction without veering off in spite of the bumpy road.

Can even hold the steering wheel with one hand though not advisable to do this.

Edited by jg2000
  • Praise 1

I am looking at this car but the 16 litres/100 km and $2,800 insurance need verification. Both didn't make sense if it is true.

For the quote stated by Chris in ST regarding the 16/100km really need to verify....

My friend who bought a civic... base on the system info it stated 18.6/100km.... which we find it unrealistic too....

As for the insurance, AIG quoted $2980, aviva quoted $2000, directasia ard $1530...

I dunno y the difference so much... but my SE told me if I can get cheaper outside... just go ahead and forgo the $150 discount base if buy AIG from them.

I am looking at this car but the 16 litres/100 km and $2,800 insurance need verification. Both didn't make sense if it is true.

For Subaru XV, a MI mechanic told my wife when car brought in for servicing that his rough feel from the cars brought in is that real world is around 10.3 KM /L  or 9.7 L / 100 km.  But if you read the forum, you can find drivers who do much better than that.

My own is around 9.9 L / 100 Km but still going down.

The FC is not good when car is new and so probably affects review cars.

Engine needs to be loosened up with some km's of driving and also most drivers need to get used to the CVT.

My FC started off bad also but after that started to go down.

For fc, i always take official figure + 30%. Insurance confirm very ex for subaru cars.

For fc, i always take official figure + 30%. Insurance confirm very ex for subaru cars.

I think so too... my own insurance for the previous Impreza was about $1200+... same cost as my current Sonata... crazy...

Was wondering if there is any whatsapp group on Subaru Impreza related? If not... can I suggest to create 1 group for it?

My next post can only be after 11pm after this last post... :(

I called it a bluff, the editor for the article must be a newbie.

My old Subaru Impreza which was scrapped last year, it's 10 years old and FC is still 7.5-8km/l for 90% city driving at 2.5k to 3k rpm. 

How can a new Impreza gets less than 6km/l, especially one with newer technology, CVT and more efficient combustion?

↡ Advertisement