Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
140 replies to this topic | 321 praises

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:04 PM

Mycar008
  • Mycar008
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi All,

I just got my 1 Week old Honda Civic WHITE. Planning to go for PPS CF-II By UNIQUE1995.com

Any recommendations? Should i do it? As after reading some posts here, some commented that doing PPS will leave Swirl Marks etc.

Hope you can advice :)

Thanks!

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:18 PM

Djcoolmax
  • Premium member
    Djcoolmax
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

search around the threads for PPS. there's already alot of discussion. PPS is not a one off thing, you have to go back and check and if necessary, re-apply.

We all love our cars and if you can afford it and don't have the time, you can go for it. Just remember, it's not a 1-off thing. Maybe you want to consider maintaining it yourself (by joining our detailing sessions) or leave it as it is and respray a few years down the road.
=============
The triple-J.
=============

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:02 PM

Cosmicclaw
  • Premium member
    Cosmicclaw
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Used 3mendouz at Bukit Batok and happy with it. Previous ride was done by Amazing Glaze

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:58 PM

Nicholasjindian
  • Nicholasjindian
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Then what the use to putting it waste money and also that peiod of time cannot use the car shocked.gif

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:02 PM

Upandcoming
  • Upandcoming
    4th Gear
    Author Image

do u understand the process?
why would PPS leave swirl mark?

the intermediate steps wld remove instead of create swirl marks.

briefly it entails washing the car with chemicals to rid dirt and dust, further smoothening and refining the "spaces" between paint cells, to narrow it, thereafter your vehicle becomes 'raw' - very clean like baby skin. then u apply wax and sealant subsequently, this seals the paintwork and so without dirt and whatever possible paint hurting stuff. weather and whatever other things in future will 'eat' away the sealant instead of paintwork hence maintaining the paint's gloss and shine.

the company will provide monthly to use solutions to enhance the sealant or rather maintain it cos the sealant applied can be worn off without reapplication. Perhaps once a year bring back for a touch up by them at low cost will go a long way to maintain further tt shine.

this is PPS.

regards.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Headunit - Pioneer P80RS| - |Tweeters - Seas Lotus Reference RT27F| - |Mid - Seas Lotus Reference RW 165| - |Amps - Genesis Profile Four (Component) + DB 900.1 (Monobloc)| - Woofer - Helix Deep Blue|

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:04 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

just remember this is not a car paint.. it is a layer of "film" that does not really adhere effectively to the paint. when rain and shine, the thing will slowly detoriate, not visible but slowly. so u need to touch up. even sk-II also need to regular apply.

mot car wax n wat hv you also need to re apply even though some say no need, can sign and confirm but best u buy 2 tin of salt to eat if u really wanna wanna believe them. so good apply one time no need then they make $$ fr wat?
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:05 PM

Weixiang_06
  • Weixiang_06
    Banned

use Klasse + OCW idea.gif

cheap cheap..

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:08 PM

Nicholasjindian
  • Nicholasjindian
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

oic I understand but won't so fast detoriate want rite but for white colour really is a headach to maintain it well smile.gif

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:11 PM

Raining
  • Raining
    4th Gear
    Author Image

White is a tough colour to maintain. If not well taken care of, may discoloured over time ... Swirl marks is more of the applicator's issue than the PPS used.

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:20 PM

Vino
  • Vino
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Have u done it? Any feedback? I'm considering should I do it.

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:46 PM

Silgt
  • Silgt
    4th Gear
    Author Image

agree with Apollo...just think why all the major car paint manufactureres, automobile manufacturers etc still uses the traditional wax/sealant? don't you think they have the resources to produce these technology or even to buy up company producing these stuff?

As we know, the clearcoat is the layer used to protect and enhance the gloss of the car paint...if you ever go to a spray paint shop and look inside their spray paint booth, talk to the spray painter and see how their lung suffer because of the prolong contact with the hardener used in the clearcoat, then think how some chemical pour out of a bottle and apply by a simple hand or machine process (and we are not talking about over baking yet) and yet can claim miracle protection...think these spray paint guys can all start eating grass liao.

Bottomline is while these PPS (or Teflon, Quartz, Glassplaxin etc) snakeoil do work to a certain extend, their claims are grossly over-exaggerated and is just another marketing scheme to sell a generic product at extraordinary price. shakehead.gif
>>> Somethings are cheap for a reason <<<

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:48 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

dun worry... white is the best color. just remember, when it become yellowish, u got a new color without respraying. how many other colors can do tat, go figure.

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:01 AM

Chihuahua
  • Chihuahua
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

contact Gen2 for his pro advise and maybe he will recommend you some of his products.

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:51 AM

Sealant
  • Premium member
    Sealant
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Hi all,
I am Sherine from CS-II and hope you guys here won't mind i share some of the technical advice here ya smile.gif .
Wat is PPS?
PPS= Paint Protection System known by bros & Sistars here.
Wats the benefits of appling?
Retains its shine, easy maintenance, Save $$...
Wats the diff between Polishing & Get your car protected with the PPS Product?
Polishing=Strip off a layer of clear coat from our car paintwork in each session
PPS product= Coated a layer on top of our car clear-coat to protect it, so dat when harmful element attacks or hairline scratches cause by car wash, it will stay on-top of the sealant and allows you to have sufficion time to clean it, remove or repair without hurting your car clear-coat.
Alot of us have the misconcept that having those protection on the car paintwork will be anti-staining or even anti-scratches. With the protection, self-maintenance is still needed and with it, it helps maintenance of your car to be easiler.

Cheers flowerface.gif

Address: 53 #01-40, UBI Ave 1 Paya Ubi Industrial Park Singapore 408934

Enquiries: 6844 2235 | Booking: 6463 1311 / 6745 1311
Website: www.cs2singapore.com    |    Email: info@cs2singapore.com   

Facebook: I love CS-II  |  Blog: uniquecs2.blogspot.sg   |  Twitter: @CS2PPS  | Youtube: Unique CS-II

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:06 AM

Upandcoming
  • Upandcoming
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I have done CS-II Teflon with Unique about 2 weeks ago.

New car Purplish Gray, got some shine but when u place under light u will see the light is not reflected clearly.

after the polishing, grooming and waxing and sealing by CS-II the gloss/shine is good. That said, one still has to do some maintenance, i.e. wash weekly with water; once a month use the conditioner they give to maintain the sealant.

car care is NEVER one off, but of consistent effort. Products like CS-II does help to reduce quite a fair bit of work. think of it this way, i used to spend hours from washing to claying to drying to waxing to sealing. now i dun haf to and it maintains the paintwork, considering the route i take to work is a dusty muddy long stretch in the east.

of cos, once a year i will return to Unique to have it touched up. Dun forget new cars have 24mths warranty like mine...more than 1000km cars have 18mths warranty. The best assurance the boss gives me is...if within this yr gloss falls bring back i do for you FOC. for a consumer what more can i ask for?

i think the contact person Sherine is in this thread with nick Sealant. speak to her for more details.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Headunit - Pioneer P80RS| - |Tweeters - Seas Lotus Reference RT27F| - |Mid - Seas Lotus Reference RW 165| - |Amps - Genesis Profile Four (Component) + DB 900.1 (Monobloc)| - Woofer - Helix Deep Blue|

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:22 AM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

ijjit? i posted in 3 thread sponsors thread but none reply leh... mebbe they dun do biz with toylet janitor. mebbe they dun use toylet at all.

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:08 PM

Sktan10
  • Sktan10
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Dont waste time on all these stuff.
All these stuff cant protect your car from scratches,door ding
& stone chips.
My ex-car go for amazing glaze $300 for 12 months shine.So what?
Door scratches send for respray.After respay still must go to
amazing glaze to apply the protection for $50.
i dont see any difference with or without protection.You still
get scratches everywhere.

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:55 AM

Mycar008
  • Mycar008
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi There...

Thanks for the advice.

Sktan10, How much to repray car, i'm having Metalic White, is it expensive to repray? Just doors or whole body?

I went for the Unique CF-II yesterday, it's great! Given 2 small bottles Shampoo & Preservation Solutions. I was given 24 Months Warranty for my 1 wk old car. And the GLOSS LEVEL is 95, any 10% below this level will be given FOC Touch up.

The staff said, I can always bring in the car for Wash/Apply Preservation Solution for $10 including vacuum. I think it's quite reasonable price, considering doing it once every 2 weeks.

And furthermore, 40% off for re-applying PPS 2 yrs later.

Correct me if I'm wrong....

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:33 AM

Damien81
  • Damien81
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi Guys, i'm new to this, but can i ask where's Unique CF-II ? confused.gif

Posted 31 December 2006 - 12:03 PM

Approvel
  • Approvel
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Save your money, new car is already so new/shiny. Just maintance to wash your car once a week, shine will be at least retain for 2-3 years, for my case. If not happy by 2-3 years, than can go for respray change color.

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Ceramic Pro 9H (Permanent Paint Coating)

Ceramic Pro 9H (Permanent Paint Coating)  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Carnoob  |  Turbocharged

Reliable Paint Protector

I got to use Ceramic Pro thru a contest from MCF and very fortunate to know the boss Mr George. A friendly, dedicated and detailed car groomer. He kept my car bright and shinning for past 2 years. Any problem I could look for him even looking... » Read More

QUIXX Paint Repair Pen

QUIXX Paint Repair Pen  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Candylim  |  Clutched

Good temporary solution

Got some chips and scratches at the doors' area and bumper. Got this QUIXX Paint Repair Pen to do quick rectification. Able to seal and cover some deep scratches and chips.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Paint Protection

Quick Reply

Tags: subaru, caoting, new car, help and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users