Just booked my car - what type of PPS to recommend?

Mycar008

There is a misconception that pps can prevent water marks.wondering why people fall for it?

Probably due to the way they market it.   :huh:

Extract from some local website:

• Removal of Mild Water Marks, Bird Dropping Stains, Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches
  • Protection of Paint

And probably people like me should read carefully too. It is "Removal" and NOT "Prevention". It is totally different thing.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
(edited)

• Removal of Mild Water Marks, Bird Dropping Stains, Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches
  • Protection of Paint

And probably people like me should read carefully too. It is "Removal" and NOT "Prevention". It is totally different thing.

I think the whole idea of PPS is for easy maintenance, esp for black . And looks better! Worth the $$$ or not  very subjective.

Edited by sake

I am not in the PPS biz. There is one fact that i can say is 100% true. After it rains, immediately wipe off water from the car.

If you park in a bird bomb area, every 1 hr go and check your car. If see shit, wipe off immediately

Very troublesome right?

• Protection of Paint

• Praise 2

Twincharged

I am not in the PPS biz. There is one fact that i can say is 100% true. After it rains, immediately wipe off water from the car.

If you park in a bird bomb area, every 1 hr go and check your car. If see shit, wipe off immediately

Very troublesome right?

New car, old car or rental car, I try my very best  to avoid parking at  bird bomb area. Cannot stand my car full of bird shit.  [laugh]

There is a misconception that pps can prevent water marks.wondering why people fall for it?

I guess it's how the vendor actually market their products...

Somehow they really over rate their products to stay competitive in the market.

Bird dropping, water spots, bugs splatter resistance

I guess it's how the vendor actually market their products...

Somehow they really over rate their products to stay competitive in the market.

â Bird dropping, water spots, bugs splatter resistance

That's why I suggest buy coating agent from soft 99 brand.

Very troublesome right?

I diy polish every half year, as long as after rain immediately wipe off its as good as its just polish. Even after that just use normal water with cloth wipe off also same effect. PPS abit over rated from what I see.

(edited)

New car, old car or rental car, I try my very best to avoid parking at bird bomb area. Cannot stand my car full of bird shit. [laugh]

I once took a ride from my supplier's conti car in Thaliand. His black new car is full of bird shits all over the place. Pobably more than 20 shits. He couldnt be bother. Watching the couple of bird shits in front of me on the windscreen while he is driving is disgusting Edited by Axela72

Turbocharged

Why pay so much money for PPS? Buy a car cover and a big black garbage bag. After parking, cover your car. When you come back, remove the cover and place inside the garbage bag.  [laugh]

I urge all car owners to stop wasting money on pps.a simple diy wax job will also make car washing easy. It will also bead water.

Pps shops buy glass coating from soft 99,dilute and package it into their own bottles, then charge you a few hundreds.

It's really easy for them to make money. No wonder why there are many such shops sprouting up

Why pay so much money for PPS? Buy a car cover and a big black garbage bag. After parking, cover your car. When you come back, remove the cover and place inside the garbage bag. [laugh]

Like that your car will be full of scratches in no time.

I like my cars looking nice but am really lazy. Never waxed my car. I don't even wash the car myself. [smash]

For my new SUV which I am collecting soon, I have booked Ceramic Pro Extreme Plus package at ACE Gt. [bounce2] Paying 3k plus for the package which has a lifetime guarantee. Sure hope I am not a gullible fool. :a-happy:

Was also looking at ceramic pro till I saw a post that the owner says that it didn't work as well for him as he has hope although he brought in the car for yearly maintenance, and what was the most disgusting part was that ace gt went in to comment that it's take 2 hands to clap and the driver should do this and this, I am like you, I don't wash or wax the car myself and hence dropped ceramic pro from my shortlist, cos I don't expect my car to look showroom but at least make my car paint last longer

Don't think they wil care anyway.

Looking at Revol PPS at Toh guan and will walk over since my work place is nearby to have a chat before I commit

• Praise 1

When one reads this and other online forum on paint protection, it can get rather confusing bec there are different viewpoints

Some will say fantastic, very long lasting etc while others will say not much of use

Some will calculate cost savings per year dependent on the no of times one sends for cleaning etc 

At the end of the day, it really depends on what you are looking for, your expectations and your needs 

Despite advice from friends who have gone for PPS who felt it was a waste of money, sent my car for titanium coating, best of the best some claim. Within a few weeks, got a few stone scratches, quite unlucky. Post rain watermarks are inevitable. birdshit still get stucked esp when dried up, not easy to clean. Was disappointed bec my expectations were very high. thought sure no scratches and birdshit will just fall off when I spray water.

However, the waterbeading when cleaning is obvious and washing with soap is easy and shine is also good.

So PPS definitely helps to maintain the car, making cleaning and shine much easier but do not have unrealistic expectations. 

Nothing beats regular cleaning and maintenance,

• Praise 12

Was also looking at ceramic pro till I saw a post that the owner says that it didn't work as well for him as he has hope although he brought in the car for yearly maintenance, and what was the most disgusting part was that ace gt went in to comment that it's take 2 hands to clap and the driver should do this and this, I am like you, I don't wash or wax the car myself and hence dropped ceramic pro from my shortlist, cos I don't expect my car to look showroom but at least make my car paint last longer

Looking at Revol PPS at Toh guan and will walk over since my work place is nearby to have a chat before I commit

Revo pps also requires you to wash car often.

(edited)

I think all these pps detailers should highlight the statement " buy my product and the liability is yours to maintain," to prevent mislead the buyer.

In the past, i can dont wash or just send for cash wash. After pps, i have to wash myself weekly to maintain the coating. Cant send for car wash due to the soap they use and afraid they might accidentally scratch the coating.

In summary , we pay $$$ to tie ourselves down. it has become an obligation. Detailer will blame on us if their product fail due to we didn't carry out our duty on due diligence

Edited by Axela72

Twincharged

When one reads this and other online forum on paint protection, it can get rather confusing bec there are different viewpoints

Some will say fantastic, very long lasting etc while others will say not much of use

Some will calculate cost savings per year dependent on the no of times one sends for cleaning etc 

At the end of the day, it really depends on what you are looking for, your expectations and your needs 

Despite advice from friends who have gone for PPS who felt it was a waste of money, sent my car for titanium coating, best of the best some claim. Within a few weeks, got a few stone scratches, quite unlucky. Post rain watermarks are inevitable. birdshit still get stucked esp when dried up, not easy to clean. Was disappointed bec my expectations were very high. thought sure no scratches and birdshit will just fall off when I spray water.

However, the waterbeading when cleaning is obvious and washing with soap is easy and shine is also good.

So PPS definitely helps to maintain the car, making cleaning and shine much easier but do not have unrealistic expectations. 

Nothing beats regular cleaning and maintenance,

good post.  :a-good:

ps cannot praise you yet.

I think all these pps detailers should highlight the statement " buy my product and the liability is yours to maintain," to prevent mislead the buyer.

In the past, i can dont wash or just send for cash wash. After pps, i have to wash myself weekly to maintain the coating. Cant send for car wash due to the soap they use and afraid they might accidentally scratch the coating.

In summary , we pay $$$ to tie ourselves down. it has become an obligation. Detailer will blame on us if their product fail due to we didn't carry out our duty on due diligence

Maybe do a simple wax Job is better
↡ Advertisement