Just booked my car - what type of PPS to recommend?

Mycar008

too many choices for the PPS. looking for one that provide best value for the quality.

anyone uses toughseal before? can share your thoughts?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I urge all car owners to stop wasting money on pps.a simple diy wax job will also make car washing easy. It will also bead water.

Pps shops buy glass coating from soft 99,dilute and package it into their own bottles, then charge you a few hundreds.

It's really easy for them to make money. No wonder why there are many such shops sprouting up

pps not expensive if you buy online.

One whole car only use half a bottle.

6 bottles just cost $29

post-11278-0-49061100-1494140275_thumb.jpg

post-11278-0-43144800-1494140315_thumb.jpg

post-11278-0-20610800-1494140334_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

After PPS, can we apply those quick detailer spray product for regular maintenance? Would it degrade the ceramic coating?

If we we’re to actually be coating the exterior of our cars with glass or ceramic, what would be the result through the basic functions of the body of the car? The body of the car flexes as it drives, as the heat and cold play their part on the chemistry of the metal (hot metal can bend more while cold metal is more stiff). If our cars were coated with glass and ceramics, two very rigid materials that lack the ability to be flexible, it wouldn’t take long for the coating to crack and break.

Not sure if this theory is correct? thinking of pps my car too.

After PPS, can we apply those quick detailer spray product for regular maintenance? Would it degrade the ceramic coating?

Of cos can la!If the ceramic coating can degrade with using of quick detailed product,then do you think it can protect your car paint with hash environment in the first place?

Of cos can la!If the ceramic coating can degrade with using of quick detailed product,then do you think it can protect your car paint with hash environment in the first place?

Thanks! :)

Any reason? mind to share? 

Im also considering btw the 2 most talked abt PPS provider. 

To go into describing the details of the eventful day which I went back for the yearly maintenance, I had really wanted to but the anger has subsided so just let it go. But I cannot permit myself to lead other people into what left a bad taste for me hence my request to delete my old post.

Bad taste is understating it, one of my worst purchasing decisions akin to buying a most expensive plate of sashimi but it not only tasted foul, the chef blames your sense of taste and then you go home and experience a bout of diarrhea and you don't even dare to tell your friends and family you actually paid that much for that horrible plate of sashimi.

I have only two words for you and others considering to try this most expensive plate of sashimi: caveat emptor.

I had bad experience with signing package years back with one grooming centre. From that on, I go with one time off deal.

Had PPS before

Ultimately it boils down to one's expectations 

Whether glass, ceramic, titanium, etc, honestly there are all about the same.

PPS is not a once off and one will need to maintain  and take care of one's own cars, because even the most expensive PPS wont stand the test of time.

Your cars will still get scratches esp from road stones 

The other important consideration is the paint and color of the car. Some cars' paint doesnt seem to enhance so well. May be related to quality. 

At the end of the day, the best "PPS" is weekly or twice weekly shampoo cleaning, good for exercise and save costs too  [:p]

The problem with most of us is that after the initial euphoria of driving a new car, PPS etc etc, once the car ages, the novelty wears off, PPS or not, it becomes a non issue by then [laugh]

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

all these small operations type grooming shops

better not take up any long term packages or very expensive single session lah

chances are you would be disappointed more than anything

i remember someone posted he went for $3000 pps session that can last for 3 or 5 years...

:wacko:  [sweatdrop]

all these small operations type grooming shops

better not take up any long term packages or very expensive single session lah

chances are you would be disappointed more than anything

i remember someone posted he went for $3000 pps session that can last for 3 or 5 years...

:wacko:  [sweatdrop]

wah, must have bought a very expensive car to justify $3k pps.

i just paid $260 for a mobile one. Never washed car much for 10+ yr, only washed before CNY...

Now i need to maybe plan wash weekly...  [sweatdrop]

To go into describing the details of the eventful day which I went back for the yearly maintenance, I had really wanted to but the anger has subsided so just let it go. But I cannot permit myself to lead other people into what left a bad taste for me hence my request to delete my old post.

Bad taste is understating it, one of my worst purchasing decisions akin to buying a most expensive plate of sashimi but it not only tasted foul, the chef blames your sense of taste and then you go home and experience a bout of diarrhea and you don't even dare to tell your friends and family you actually paid that much for that horrible plate of sashimi.

I have only two words for you and others considering to try this most expensive plate of sashimi: caveat emptor.

wah...if really bad, better to share and warn others...

Hi! Nighto, my experience was pretty similar to yours. Placed my faith and $$$$ on the PPS after reading up via the internet. Seen a few impressive videos demonstrating the awesomeness of the PPS and good reviews of the PPS provider.

Things didn't really lived up to my expectations (or maybe I had expected too much). Scratches couldn't be 'wiped' off as per one of the video that I saw. Of course, there are many reasons on why the scratches cannot be 'wiped' off. It is 'too deep', the impact of the scratch is 'too strong'... etc

Water Spots appearing but this was kind of excluded in the warranty. Was advised to immediately wipe off all water on the surface to prevent water marks/spotting. This is almost impossible in the real world situation. 

The yearly maintenance cost is another matter, sure there is manpower and material to cover. However, to have paid over a grand initially when doing the PPS and to be told that due to whatever actions/scenarios that aren't covered by their warranty, you need to fork out more $$ to 'maintain' the PPS. 

At the end of the day, I just feel that it isn't really justify to spend over a grand for PPS. I believe they work to a certain extent if you manage your expectation.

Hopefully, this sharing will help those planning to do PPS on their rides. Lesser disappointment when you know what to expect from it. 

• Praise 1

Whats the issue with watermarks? Can easily remove or difficult to remove once the water dried up on the coating?

Read quite a few comments that coating shown more watermarks than using wax on car.

Hi! Nighto, my experience was pretty similar to yours. Placed my faith and $$$$ on the PPS after reading up via the internet. Seen a few impressive videos demonstrating the awesomeness of the PPS and good reviews of the PPS provider.

Things didn't really lived up to my expectations (or maybe I had expected too much). Scratches couldn't be 'wiped' off as per one of the video that I saw. Of course, there are many reasons on why the scratches cannot be 'wiped' off. It is 'too deep', the impact of the scratch is 'too strong'... etc

Water Spots appearing but this was kind of excluded in the warranty. Was advised to immediately wipe off all water on the surface to prevent water marks/spotting. This is almost impossible in the real world situation. 

The yearly maintenance cost is another matter, sure there is manpower and material to cover. However, to have paid over a grand initially when doing the PPS and to be told that due to whatever actions/scenarios that aren't covered by their warranty, you need to fork out more $$ to 'maintain' the PPS. 

At the end of the day, I just feel that it isn't really justify to spend over a grand for PPS. I believe they work to a certain extent if you manage your expectation.

Hopefully, this sharing will help those planning to do PPS on their rides. Lesser disappointment when you know what to expect from it. 

Yearly maintenance programs go back to recoat,remove fine scratches all involve removing of thin layer of laquer fron the car paint.

Car laquer will be getting thinner & thinner each time.Car laquer is to protect the paint.So actually is more harm than good. 

Turbocharged

Still so many people wasting time with these big name PPS shops? 

I did mobile PPS for slightly more than $200, great results initially but slowly starting to fade now after close to 9 months. I could do it 5 times over 5 years with a fresh coat each time for the price that some people are paying. Better than throwing all your cash into 1 basket and expect it to last 5 years.

↡ Advertisement