Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
51 replies to this topic | 155 praises

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

Andysgp
  • Andysgp
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi everyone,

Starting this topic as I couldn't find one on 8-seater MPV.

I am currently driving a Stream. Due to family needs, I need a 8 seater.

Hope you guys could advice on the 8 seater available and the factors that you considered when buying one.

Thanks. :)

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:50 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi everyone,

Hope you guys could advice on the 8 seater available and the factors that you considered when buying one.

Hmm.
Other than Ody and Estima 8 seater variant, got any others?

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:50 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Alphard .... tested and proven [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know, 30 March 2016 - 10:51 AM.

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:56 AM

Andysgp
  • Andysgp
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Alphard 7 seater?

Other than Oddy and estima, there are Mazda8, biante, Toyota Esquire.

Alphard .... tested and proven [thumbsup]

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:15 AM

Invigorated
  • Invigorated
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Not forgetting Nissan Elgrand. Acres of space there.

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:19 AM

Holdenutessv
  • Premium member
    Holdenutessv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Elgrand/Alphard

Error 404: Signature Not Found

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yeah ... this one is a winner [thumbsup]

Not forgetting Nissan Elgrand. Acres of space there.

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:27 AM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No offence to Elgrand, Vellfire, Mazda 8 and gang but they drive like a van right?

Odyssey I suppose whilst doesn't drive like its predecessors from what I read, at least still feels abit like a car but the 8 seater has a funny half and half hybrid seat materials ie fabric for front 2 seats and leather for the other 2 rows!!

Staff69 and Angcheek praised this

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:29 AM

Darrentkl
  • Premium member
    Darrentkl
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Honda stepwagon

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:34 AM

MQX87511
  • MQX87511
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi everyone,

Toyota Hiace 12 Seater [thumbsup]

Mz3SP0907 and Ender praised this

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:48 AM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

All the van-like MPVs (Toyota triplets, biante, step wagon, serena) all have 8-seater variants.

Elgrand has too. Alphard and Vellfire not sure if have, or do they just offer 7-seaters.

Ody and Estima/Previa have.

Mazda 8 has too.

Then Chrysler Grand Vogager might have, as should Merc Viano.

These are all 3 rows.

If want 4 rows (9 seater), got Ssanyong Stavic.

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:53 AM

SG_Stig
  • Premium member
    SG_Stig
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Honda Freed leh? My friend driving one. If you don't mind the no power 1.5L

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:35 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Is it die die a 8 seater? Or more of a full size MPV that can accomodate up to 8 pax? List of 8 seater MPV below for your reference.

Boxy / In-Between (~4.7m)

Honda Stepwgn 1.5T

Mazda Biante 2.0

Nissan Serena 2.0H

Toyota Esquire 1.8H / 2.0

Toyota Noah 1.8H / 2.0

Toyota Voxy 1.8H / 2.0

Full Size (4.8m - 4.9m)

Honda Odyssey 2.4

Mazda 8 2.3

Ssangyong Stavic 2.0D

Toyota Estima / Previa 2.4 / 2.4H

Large Size / Luxury (>4.9m)

Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.8D

Mercedes Benz V-Class 2.2D

Nissan Elgrand 2.5

Toyota Alphard 2.5

Toyota Vellfire 2.5

Anyway, there is another thread for 7 seater MPV here:

http://www.mycarforu...6-7-seater-mpv/

Emkay praised this
Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:48 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Alphard 7 seater?

Other than Oddy and estima, there are Mazda8, biante, Toyota Esquire.

Mostly 7 seater.

Our family's mazda8 sit 7 just nice.

2-3-2. Don't see how to fit 8
"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:50 PM

Cznoob
  • Premium member
    Cznoob
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hyundai Starex passenger version like those malaysian ones. Seen 1 registered with private car plate.

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:56 PM

Andysgp
  • Andysgp
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks for the input, guys.

Another own a 8-seater? Can share your review and why you bought it?

Thanks.

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:08 PM

MQX87511
  • MQX87511
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for the input, guys.

Another own a 8-seater? Can share your review and why you bought it?

Thanks.

assume this 8-seater MPV should be your family 2nd car, right?

I believe to own 2 5-seater sedan or suv more flexible, because rare chance to carry 8 persons roam around 

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:33 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just realized that Mazda has cease production for the M8 (It is technically a 8 seater with 8 seat belt buckle, but might not be as comfortable as other full size MPV out there). 

I have the opportunities to be driven in Alphard and Vellfire in my course of work, and I would say that space is adequate (or excessive) for up to 8 pax. In fact it feel so big that I am afraid I will be thrown around like loose cargo when the driver tackle a sharp bend. Needless to say, the ride is very much van like, but engine note (from the 2.4 unit) is still bearable. The latest Alphard and Vellfire do have first class style seating and support, which will pamper passenger in all 3 row. Fuel consumption wise, based on what Iunderstand from the drivers, it average around 9 - 10Km/L (with mainly highway traveling).

If you really need to ferry up to 8 pax frequently, Alphard, Vellfire, Elgrand and V-Class (depending on your bedget) would be the best choice out of the list. The rest are better for occasional trip for 8...

Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Picnic06-Biante15 will know 

Pinobii, Wyfitms, Weez911, FourZero, 2BDriver, Byteslurve, Mercs and 1 other member praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:01 PM

alphard96
  • Premium member
    alphard96
    6th Gear
    Author Image

No offence to Elgrand, Vellfire, Mazda 8 and gang but they drive like a van right?

Odyssey I suppose whilst doesn't drive like its predecessors from what I read, at least still feels abit like a car but the 8 seater has a funny half and half hybrid seat materials ie fabric for front 2 seats and leather for the other 2 rows!!

True, that was my initial thinking.

However, since owning the first alphard many yrs ago - just cant stop...now driving a third one.

Dont just trust my word - Please drive one to appreciate how "car like" the driving, provided you dont mind the tall driving position (which is actually an advantage, giving a better view all round).  Suggest go to borneo motors (Leng Kee or Ubi branch), request for test drive the alphard or vellfire, its really nice and comfy to drive. Dont worry abt cornering etc. Passengers space/comfort - superb. 

Driving up North - on NS highway -  all the way to Perlis/Penang and/or up/cornering Genting/Cameron/Bt Tinggi - no problemo.

Cons: 8 seater generally only low specs available (seems common for Japanese cars, but generally 8 seaters slightly cheaper than 7 seaters.

Simpleonly praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: 8-seater mpv, 8 seater mpv, mpv and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users