Mobile phone corporate plans.

Ysc3

Twincharged

hi,

anyone using CAAS (airport) corporate plan ? what's the plans like ?

diff companies are offered different plans by the service providers ... my office one not very attractive compared to my sis's SGH CIS ... 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

Thinking of getting a second phone for the purpose of receiving junk calls.

Let me explain.  I will be looking around for a new home and need to visit show flats/ HDB open house.  As previously experienced, the housing agents would start circulating my telephone number to their associates and I am expecting my main phone to be spammed with unsolicited calls.

I also need this second phone as after visiting some of my work-related trade shows, my phone will start to be spammed.

This second phone would come in handy when I have guests coming to Singapore for short visits.

I don’t wish to spend too much money on it.  What are the cheapest pre-paid option available? 

Many thanks folks, for your suggestions.

Edited by Albeniz

Active use: Singtel hi

Standby/touring use: M1 or Starhub ('cos free mobile data roaming in a number of countries, i.e. use local data plan for roaming without incurring additional charges)

Call and sms rates for both are quite similar.

Thinking of getting a second phone for the purpose of receiving junk calls.

Let me explain.  I will be looking around for a new home and need to visit show flats/ HDB open house.  As previously experienced, the housing agents would start circulating my telephone number to their associates and I am expecting my main phone to be spammed with unsolicited calls.

I also need this second phone as after visiting some of my work-related trade shows, my phone will start to be spammed.

This second phone would come in handy when I have guests coming to Singapore for short visits.

I don’t wish to spend too much money on it.  What are the cheapest pre-paid option available? 

Many thanks folks, for your suggestions.

• Praise 1

Alternatively, if you have a fibre broadband plan from SingNet, M1 or Starhub, they would have given you a free mobile data SIM. Can use it to call/sms without any monthly fixed commitment or regular top up to keep card active. The local call rates are slightly expensive, iirc 22 cents per min vs 16/8 cents per min for prepaid.

Alternatively, if you have a fibre broadband plan from SingNet, M1 or Starhub, they would have given you a free mobile data SIM. Can use it to call/sms without any monthly fixed commitment or regular top up to keep card active. The local call rates are slightly expensive, iirc 22 cents per min vs 16/8 cents per min for prepaid.

mobile data sim can make phone call?

Can. I tried SMS before. It works. You may try calling... I can't find mine now. Hahaha...

I attended a financial planning course, there were some foggies who really tightly regulate on their money "leakage" and this was one of the method mentioned.

mobile data sim can make phone call?

Twincharged

anyone using sim-only mobile contracts ?

is there corporate plan for sim-only contracts ?

Check with your Corp mobile provider.

Sim only may not get very good deal

Twincharged

Check with your Corp mobile provider.

Sim only may not get very good deal

tried the online chat ... but no response ...

so try asking here to see got ppl subscribing to it or not ...

I am trying to control my spending ... my phone is still working, so might as well just recon the line only.

tried the online chat ... but no response ...

so try asking here to see got ppl subscribing to it or not ...

I am trying to control my spending ... my phone is still working, so might as well just recon the line only.

Recon with new phone & sell off the phone like @mustank

on m1 mysim plans.

So far so good.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I don't think telco opens sim-only to corporate customer. My current and previous company definitely don't have 

Recon with new phone & sell off the phone like @mustank

Actually Low cost methods

1) Sim only plan (easier to manage)

2) normal contract + multi line saver + sell handphone (more troublesome but can save abit more money)

Twincharged
(edited)

Actually Low cost methods

1) Sim only plan (easier to manage)

2) normal contract + multi line saver + sell handphone (more troublesome but can save abit more money)

yar ... troublesome ... and ppl like to press price of phones nowadays also ...

anyway, i am thinking of the $20 singtel sim-only plan with a one year contract - up to 5gb data and 150mins outgoing + sms. but still got to pay another $5 for CID .... so was wondering if they have corp plans which give free CID or not.

now paying almost $60 for my combo 3 due tied to phone.

Edited by Ysc3

anyway, i am thinking of the $20 singtel sim-only plan with a one year contract - up to 5gb data and 150mins outgoing + sms. but still got to pay another $5 for CID .... so was wondering if they have corp plans which give free CID or not.

SingTel is 1 of worst telco. I had been loyal customer till this yr.

Switched to StarHub since wkend unlimited

Twincharged
(edited)

SingTel is 1 of worst telco. I had been loyal customer till this yr.

Switched to StarHub since wkend unlimited

how is the coverage .... i still remember the days when my SH line will roam to MyCelcom in changi airport.

heck, my malaysian friend will take his phone and go to the seaside to make "local' calls to kuching !!

but i might consider switching to a better plan if can save cost and if the CSI makes no diff.

Edited by Ysc3

how is the coverage .... i still remember the days when my SH line will roam to MyCelcom in changi airport.

heck, my malaysian friend will take his phone and go to the seaside to make "local' calls to kuching !!

but i might consider switching to a better plan if can save cost and if the CSI makes no diff.

SingTel is the worse among the telco.

SH line not bad for me.

Coverage as good as SingTel

Im on my Sim plan from M1. Last I apply was told NTUC member can get free Caller ID and also 10% off.. was told not corporate discount for Sim Plan.

You may wish tin check with M1.. still can upsize the talk time etc

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3