Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
73 replies to this topic | 35 praises

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:41 AM

Hoshi8
  • Hoshi8
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

If you have taken a car loan from a bank which is higher than the 50% that you are allowed to, you have to pay gst for the additional loan you take? I heard it's the industry standard and it's the bank that charges this surcharge. Anyone else encounter this before? Thanks!
=========================================================================

BMW 320

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:52 AM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

If you have taken a car loan from a bank which is higher than the 50% that you are allowed to, you have to pay gst for the additional loan you take? I heard it's the industry standard and it's the bank that charges this surcharge. Anyone else encounter this before? Thanks!

What??? First time hearing of this.

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:05 AM

Hoshi8
  • Hoshi8
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

What??? First time hearing of this.

That's what my car dealer tells me. He said that it's the industry practice. By the way my dealer is a PI.

For example you buy a 100k car with Omv over 20k.
Max loan 50k. Dealer went to inflate the price to 120k n max loan becomes 60k. You need to pay 7% gst on the additional 10k.

BMW 320

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:17 AM

Sci10213
  • Premium member
    Sci10213
    4th Gear
    Author Image

That's what my car dealer tells me. He said that it's the industry practice. By the way my dealer is a PI.

Max loan 50k. Dealer went to inflate the price to 120k n max loan becomes 60k. You need to pay 7% gst on the additional 10k.

GST is imposed by bank or by the dealer?

Could be the dealer is GST registered & charging you, not the bank...

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

Doppel
  • Premium member
    Doppel
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I think it is bollocks. Good luck.

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:24 AM

Icetee168
  • Premium member
    Icetee168
    1st Gear
    Author Image

that's the problem of buying cars from PI or used car dealers. They have many hidden chargers like football monies (comm)...if I were you I wouldn't wanna take up the deal caused you are already paying interest for the inflated amount. It is like paying admn fee for taking up loan and the fact that these dealers get a comm too upon loan disbursement...2 cents  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:24 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

In the first place, how is anyone allowed to take more of a loan than they are allowed to?

This place is not what it used to be. I'm glad for the friends I made here. But I'm moving on, just like Porker and some others I know. Cheers!

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:31 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm sorry, I still don't understand the system.

I assume in this scenario you have less than 50k "ready cash" for the DP? Because the buyer can't make a 50k DP on a 100k car.

But when the car price is inflated to 120k, isn't the DP amount also inflated to 60k?

Or are the dealers making false declarations - i.e. declaring one value to the gahmen/bank and selling the car below that? Just curious.

Edited by Turboflat4, 01 April 2016 - 08:33 AM.

This place is not what it used to be. I'm glad for the friends I made here. But I'm moving on, just like Porker and some others I know. Cheers!

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:34 AM

Hoshi8
  • Hoshi8
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

GST is imposed by bank or by the dealer?

Could be the dealer is GST registered & charging you, not the bank...

Claims that its the bank that charges this.

BMW 320

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:42 AM

Hoshi8
  • Hoshi8
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

that's the problem of buying cars from PI or used car dealers. They have many hidden chargers like football monies (comm)...if I were you I wouldn't wanna take up the deal caused you are already paying interest for the inflated amount. It is like paying admn fee for taking up loan and the fact that these dealers get a comm too upon loan disbursement...2 cents

Yes buying from PI is generally full of problems as there are no strict rules to regulate them.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand the system.

I assume in this scenario you have less than 50k "ready cash" for the DP? Because the buyer can't make a 50k DP on a 100k car.

But when the car price is inflated to 120k, isn't the DP amount also inflated to 60k?

Or are the dealers making false declarations - i.e. declaring one value to the gahmen/bank and selling the car below that? Just curious.

Can take in trade in car at higher value to offset the difference. Something like overtrade?

BMW 320

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:44 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I believe this is called overtrade. It's in the car buying industry for a long time. Inflating the car's price so that buyer can overcome the 50% deposit but downside is pay a lot more interest.

Paying 7% gst for additional 10K? What is that? Take loan means interest rate. 7% gst is for the loanshark's service is it? LoL...

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

valian
  • Premium member
    valian
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I think by selling you $120K on paper, the GST amount liable also goes up to $8400 instead of $7000. GST is ultimately payable to govt, thus they just wanna get back what they can?

Edited by valian, 01 April 2016 - 09:17 AM.

flashbang and Spurman praised this

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

Hoshi8
  • Hoshi8
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I think by doing selling you $120K on paper, the GST amount liable also goes up to $8400 instead of $7000. GST is ultimately payable to govt, thus they just wanna get back what they can?

Just want to find out if it's normal for such a charge.

BMW 320

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:27 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes buying from PI is generally full of problems as there are no strict rules to regulate them.
Can take in trade in car at higher value to offset the difference. Something like overtrade?

I see, thanks. So it only works if you are also selling a car to them (trade-in)?

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:31 AM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i rem a forumer, he declare himself as car dealer, mentioned need to pay GST for the additional loan because the dealer themselves over declare so as to "help" the buyer get loan for the car

MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:32 AM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Apa then? Dealer is obliged to charge wud. It will be on $120k

Edited by BenTong, 01 April 2016 - 09:33 AM.

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:35 AM

Hoshi8
  • Hoshi8
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i rem a forumer, he declare himself as car dealer, mentioned need to pay GST for the additional loan because the dealer themselves over declare so as to "help" the buyer get loan for the car

So I guess it's normal then

Apa then? Dealer is obliged to charge wud. It will be on $120k

Thanks for the info. I will just pay the dealer.

BMW 320

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:38 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

2 scammers identified.

Edited by Kusje, 01 April 2016 - 09:39 AM.

That is all.

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:39 AM

Hoshi8
  • Hoshi8
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

2 scammers identified.

????

BMW 320

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:40 AM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So I guess it's normal then
Thanks for the info. I will just pay the dealer.

wait... he charged as admin fee not gst....

http://www.mycarforu...part-iii/page-6

read post 114, 124 and 148

Hoshi8 praised this
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: anyone, encountered, additional and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users