Reversing Car to beat the Traffic Jam

Boringchap

Crazy footage of a car reversing all the way to the intersection to skip the traffic jam.  Very clever, but also very dangerous, I think.  Anybody knows whether a similar thing has been done in Singapore?  Best not to try.

http://dai.ly/x41oe50

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Throughout the whole video, got sound like supercharger screaming... why arh

Singapore cannot do because someone will stomp you

Twincharged
(edited)

I have done that in carpark before. Lol. Was in a rush and there is a parking lot right infront of me. But it is those kind of carpark that is one-way only. So to get to that lot, I need to go one big round around the carpark to the lot or drive against traffic.

Happened to have a parking warden there looking out for people who drive against traffic cuz that spot got alot of people do that. I just drive past that path then reversed in and reversed into the lot. That was 1-2 months ago. Till now no summon, so I guess can do that in carpark. On main road I think don't try.

Edited by Nzy

When it happens in Russia, "daring", "entrepreneurial", etc.

When it happens in Singapore, "reckless", "stupid", etc. :D

Anyway, I'm confused about why he even needs to drive in reverse. Couldn't he have just driven against the flow of traffic then turned right? Higher speed, maneuverability and visibility.

Twincharged

When it happens in Russia, "daring", "entrepreneurial", etc.

When it happens in Singapore, "reckless", "stupid", etc. :D

Anyway, I'm confused about why he even needs to drive in reverse. Couldn't he have just driven against the flow of traffic then turned right? Higher speed, maneuverability and visibility.

Maybe it isn't illegal to reverse on the road in russia but illegal to drive against traffic?

Maybe it isn't illegal to reverse on the road in russia but illegal to drive against traffic?

Haha, you just guessing ah? Anyway, if langgar it'll be like one of those old "In Soviet Russia..." jokes, e.g.

"In Soviet Russia, front car rear ends you." :D

• Praise 1

This wasn't the scariest encounter that I have encountered. I remember two years back, on my way back from Permas Jaya, JB to Singapore, driving along the EDL and was caught in a massive jam that starts from the customs and extended all the way to the EDL bridge just after the Shell Petrol Kiosk in Permas Jaya. What I encountered was not car reversing but Malaysian Registered Cars driving against traffic flow probably giving up their trip to Singapore because of the jam. I had a close shave as I nearly got hot by on on-coming car in the opposite direction round the bend along the slope. My goodness me.

Throughout the whole video, got sound like supercharger screaming... why arh

Singapore cannot do because someone will stomp you

you probably heard the single reverse gear at high speed.....RPM must be damn high... :huh:

This is just the Russian version of turning-lane-queue-cutter in Singapore. 

Everyone lines up in a single lane to do a right/left turn, these idiots cut in-front of the front most car effectively bullying his way to the front of the queue and creates a virtual 2nd right turning lanes. I don't think I am the only one who witness these idiots on SG roads.

:yuush:

Turbocharged

Waiting for someone to launch a car that both ends looks like the head of a car, machiam like train. Then very difficult to tell if reversing or going forward. Never say never.

In basic theory or advanced theory, it says that it is illegal to drive against the direction of traffic, but it is not illegal to reverse against direction of traffic, as long as your car is pointed in the right direction.

Heard driver got caught in other news

Its extremely dangerous, more dangeroUs than driving against traffic

• Praise 2

In Russia or East bloc .... This is a prerequisite to becoming a gymnast ... After end of video clip see flowers.... Means pass

↡ Advertisement