• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
149 replies to this topic | 410 praises

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:23 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

#notmypresident

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:24 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

2 words.

Xia Suay

[gossip]

1 Anonymous member praised this
#notmypresident

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:26 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

must be park there for one whole month [laugh]

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:29 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

must be park there for one whole month [laugh]

You will be surprised how often I encounter these. I wouldn't be the least surprise if they only want to siam 20 cent.

#notmypresident

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:31 PM

TangoElite
  • TangoElite
    Supercharged
    Author Image

can drive e class, but cannot afford parking  [hur] 

"If someone wants to help they have to change from doubter to believer" Jurgen Klopp, 9 Oct 2015

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:37 PM

Wattokkingu
  • Wattokkingu
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Video is not available leh...doesn't matter what car u drive. Have encountered such peeps who like to pull up real close behind me when driving out from gantry, I will just pull away slowly to allow the barrier to come down behind me.
Lotr and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:56 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Video is not available leh...doesn't matter what car u drive. Have encountered such peeps who like to pull up real close behind me when driving out from gantry, I will just pull away slowly to allow the barrier to come down behind me.

I tried before. no work. The pros are really "good", they can be as close as a few centimetres away and the gantry safety sensors will not be able to tell when your car has pass through fully.

https://www.facebook...643962532526501

https://www.facebook...697427000513387

For benefit of those who cannot view offsite videos.

those behind company firewall and filters have to go home to watch... [;)]

#notmypresident

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:01 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

times must be beri bad for these people  

Byteslurve praised this

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If the carpark operator is kwai lan, they can send a letter of demand. Cos it will be captured by their CCTV as well. 

New to iHerb? Use coupon code MCG340 for up to $10.00 off your first order.
http://www.iherb.com?rcode=mcg340

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:29 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If the carpark operator is kwai lan, they can send a letter of demand. Cos it will be captured by their CCTV as well. 

I know the few places where I go (eg. vivocity) have a sign at the gantry warning about tailgating. But I doubt these are effective deterrent.

I think one of the better way is program the system so that if a vehicle only has entry record and no exit record, the operator shall assume that the car is still within the premise till his next visit. During the next visit, the offending vehicle shall be able to enter as per usual, but the IU number will be flagged up. The moment he exits the carpark this round, he will be charged for the carpark fee from day 1. Not enough value in cash card, the carpark attendant will come to the scene to take down the particulars and letter of demand can be issued later.

caveats: have to assume they are not successful in at least one of their tailgating antics. And be prepared to handle the big hoo har these type of people will likely put up when they found out they had been charged as such.

Lotr praised this
#notmypresident

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:57 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I know the few places where I go (eg. vivocity) have a sign at the gantry warning about tailgating. But I doubt these are effective deterrent.

I think one of the better way is program the system so that if a vehicle only has entry record and no exit record, the operator shall assume that the car is still within the premise till his next visit. During the next visit, the offending vehicle shall be able to enter as per usual, but the IU number will be flagged up. The moment he exits the carpark this round, he will be charged for the carpark fee from day 1. Not enough value in cash card, the carpark attendant will come to the scene to take down the particulars and letter of demand can be issued later.

caveats: have to assume they are not successful in at least one of their tailgating antics. And be prepared to handle the big hoo har these type of people will likely put up when they found out they had been charged as such.

I remember about 8 years ago, there was a way of cheating the EPS parking systems (not everyone works). You just have to slot a very thin magnetic card (for eg. a Arcade Game card) between the cashcard and the IU unit. IIRC, a motorist was stopped and asked to backpay a rather large sum when he kept using this trick at the same carpark. 

All vehicles entry/exit are logged, and can't escape with IU number registered. Given that there are not that many carpark operators in SG, i would think it is easy for them to seek legal recourse. Of course, paying up all the carpark charges will be much more attractive than facing a suit to these errant cheaters

In my workplace carpark, this car services shop uses this trick to avoid paying charges for cars parked for long. They were given  warning pretty quickly and have since ceased to do so. 

Edited by Othello, 05 April 2016 - 02:00 PM.

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:58 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You will be surprised how often I encounter these. I wouldn't be the least surprise if they only want to siam 20 cent.

Reminds me of that incident with the taxi uncle... he was charged $300 for half an hour or something. But apparently it was his regular haunt for lunch and he'd tailgated his exit before. So the 300 was some compounded charge.

These fellas will get a shock if they go back to the same place after some time.

Mustank, Silver_blade and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:02 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Reminds me of that incident with the taxi uncle... he was charged $300 for half an hour or something. But apparently it was his regular haunt for lunch and he'd tailgated his exit before. So the 300 was some compounded charge.

These fellas will get a shock if they go back to the same place after some time.

so is self pawned lah  [laugh]

Mustank praised this

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:09 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

But usually these are the kind of people who will kick up the most fuss when caught. To cover the vestigial sense of shame that they have. Not from the act of tailgating but from the fact that they were caught and embarrassed.

#notmypresident

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:18 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

so is self pawned lah  [laugh]

well not really... cry mother father, bad economy, leeches everywhere and I think HDB wiped his old due.

Nowadays, company managers seem more worried about any publicity... just want to fly under the radar and push papers.

Sad really. I would have embarrassed that old fart for trying to cheat.

Sunny praised this

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

TangoElite
  • TangoElite
    Supercharged
    Author Image

the best way to stop these cheats is to do a double gate/boom method.

when the car is exiting, there will 2 gates/booms, one gate/boom is in front of the car, the other is at the back of the car. 

the rear boom will only lift up after the first car has paid, exit the carpark and the front boom has closed. like this, the tailgating car cannot tailgate to exit

"If someone wants to help they have to change from doubter to believer" Jurgen Klopp, 9 Oct 2015

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:51 PM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the best way to stop these cheats is to do a double gate/boom method.

when the car is exiting, there will 2 gates/booms, one gate/boom is in front of the car, the other is at the back of the car. 

the rear boom will only lift up after the first car has paid, exit the carpark and the front boom has closed. like this, the tailgating car cannot tailgate to exit

Good idea but administratively costly and also you need extra space to do this so commercially not viable I suppose.

Blueray and Mercs praised this

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:02 PM

TangoElite
  • TangoElite
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Good idea but administratively costly and also you need extra space to do this so commercially not viable I suppose.

Yes, not feasible for most existing car park in SG due to space.

Just food for thought for whoever designing new carparks of the future

As for costs, 1 more boom to upkeep only, i think most building management can afford it. some carparks have multiple exit gantries,

It might even pay for itself, from loss revenue due to gantry cheats in 1 to 2 years time. 

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:06 PM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I always wonder why there are signs saying tailgate is an offence at car park barrier exit.

Now I know why. I seriously did not think SGP car drivers would go down so low, so uncivilized as to cheat the car park system.  Hopefully these are minorities.

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:20 PM

Wyfitms
  • Premium member
    Wyfitms
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This reminded me of a strange incident

My father in law's old vios was able to exit one of the shopping malls' car park as long as no cash card was inserted in the IU

I thought it was a one time glitch but it worked every single time

And it was just for his IU cos when I tried same trick with my car, it did not work lol
FourZero, Tianmo and 1 Anonymous member praised this

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: carpark gantry cheats, cheats and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users