Carpark Gantry Cheats

Vratenza

Supersonic

Some forumers mentioned they would move off slowly at exit point to prevent the car behind from cheating carpark....

My question is what has that got to do with you ?

My worry would be the tailgater accidentally langgar my car and cause me inconvenience. I don't really care if the person behind pay for his carpark

I get your point about getting hit by the car behind but you shouldn't ask what it has got to do with us?

If you saw someone being pickpocketed, would you try to stop it? No difference here.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Some forumers mentioned they would move off slowly at exit point to prevent the car behind from cheating carpark....

My question is what has that got to do with you ?

My worry would be the tailgater accidentally langgar my car and cause me inconvenience. I don't really care if the person behind pay for his carpark

nothing is free in this world. Someone's got to pay for the one who cheated.

indirectly the current carpark charges reflects the loss that the carpark operators incurred from these cheats.

Do you for one moment think that these carpark operators are going to just write it off and suck it up?

• Praise 2

nothing is free in this world. Someone's got to pay for the one who cheated.

indirectly the current carpark charges reflects the loss that the carpark operators incurred from these cheats.

Do you for one moment think that these carpark operators are going to just write it off and suck it up?

Exactly.

If everybody cheats, eventually nobody wins.

I get your point about getting hit by the car behind but you shouldn't ask what it has got to do with us?

If you saw someone being pickpocketed, would you try to stop it? No difference here.

I believe you should call the police

Twincharged

If I saw someone being pickpocketed, I would inform the person being pickpocketed.

Don't think they are all cheating lah, now the ERP will capture IU even the gantry doesn't come down.

We are making assumptions they took out their cash card.

I always do the same when going into my office carpark in the morning. So no need to wait for gantry go come down and go up again. Waste time.

Sometimes going out of my office carpark too.

I have season parking one hor.

But only at my office carpark I do that. Because always rushing in and out of have appointments.

Don't think they are all cheating lah, now the ERP will capture IU even the gantry doesn't come down.

We are making assumptions they took out their cash card.

I always do the same when going into my office carpark in the morning. So no need to wait for gantry go come down and go up again. Waste time.

Sometimes going out of my office carpark too.

I have season parking one hor.

But only at my office carpark I do that. Because always rushing in and out of have appointments.

Maybe not all but you just have to look at the "car body language" to pick up on certain clues:

- rush up to the front car backside just when the car is about to exit.

- keeping the following distance within centimetres 

- keeping the following distance with very frequent minor adjustments making use of the creep/brake function

- once out of the gantry, their following distance immediately opens up.

Cars that are in a rush behave differently. They do not plaster themselves to the backside so closely and at most will drive up to the gantry when the arm is halfway down already.

The wonders of  2 channel car cam with clear rear camera to document such behaviour in the wild.

• Praise 1

If the sensor is fast enough to pick up the IU (for EPS parking), how fast or close they follow behind also no use.

If the sensor is fast enough to pick up the IU (for EPS parking), how fast or close they follow behind also no use.

Does not matter if their cash card is out of the IU.

The gantry arm is not going to crash down on the bonnet even if it can detect the IU with no cash card due to safety reason. These cheaters are exploiting that fact.

• Praise 2

Penny save, pound foolish ...

wait till they are caught... the penalty will be hundreds of times more than the cents they "save" ...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

i have been told by HDB that they are changing to those sensor that can detect very fast, even tailgaters can also detect.

Twincharged

i have been told by HDB that they are changing to those sensor that can detect very fast, even tailgaters can also detect.

Those who intentionally cheat will remove cashcard first. How fast they detect also no use.

Those who intentionally cheat will remove cashcard first. How fast they detect also no use.

System will have the record right, cheater get fine 1000x [laugh]
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

System will have the record right, cheater get fine 1000x [laugh]

Actually I think now also have ma. They have camera at all the gantry. I guess abit hard to prove cuz the guy can just say he had a cashcard inside but the gantry open so he drive through. Don't know that they never deduct. Hard for HDB to prove also. I think EPS is easier to cheat and get away with it compared to coupon parking. Coupon parking can easily see the fold but EPS they very difficult to prove you cheat intentionally cuz electronic stuff can always fail.

Turbocharged

I believe you should call the police

If truly seeing a pickpocket in action,  I would go over and stop the pickpocketer. Or at least shout at him/her.

Anyway coming back to the car park cheats, I think it is a social and moral obligation to stop/warn others from cheating out rightly.  This is not cheating 5-10 minutes on a car park coupon. This is totally not paying for parking which will eventually lead to higher car park rates for all. And that became an issue for everyone.

• Praise 1

spiderman-guilt-282x300.jpg

:grin:

P.s. before someone comes tell me that carpark fee cheat is not the same as a lost of life.......Relac bro....I know.

Turbocharged

I only cheat when the barrier is taken down by some hero.

I would quickly took out my cashcard n drive thru

↡ Advertisement