2017 G30 BMW 5 Series

Carbon82

GLC side & rear looks like my dream car that i can never afford ... so very itchy

02-2015-porsche-cayenne-s-fd-1.jpg

i m also itchy to change my F10.

looking either F-pace or macan.

saw GLC, not to my taste....

ha ha... although the price is very tempting.

Bro, you have problem controlling your F10 at 160 on NSH? Seriously?

i also say....

bo kor leng leh.

I whacked ard 160 felt ok, but my civee esi felt like a kite when i hit 200+ ..... thats was when i need to go to toilet.... lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Macan > F-Pace > GLC ... different category la

GLC is merc "compact crossover" ...

GLA is a hatchback ... lol

i check out the macan ... it is very small

for that price ... cannot swallow even for 2L turbo

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

Bro, you have problem controlling your F10 at 160 on NSH? Seriously?

Not stable. At some point its stable. At some point no. Could it be wind? I have to reduce to 140 to get better grip

ok leh ... i did 200+ ... quite stable ...

kw v2 coilover with 19" wheel & 245/275 tyres

steady poon pi pi

check your wheel balancing, wheel & tyre

the usual suspect for instability on high speed

stock suspension also sucks if you do high speed ...

may not firmly planted on the road but should not be so jialat

Last time i went on 180 at nshw also no prob on 20" staggered set up 245/275

But last month i decided to go stock 17". Maybe balancing issue, will check with the tyre shop tmr. Just wanna make sure stock 17" is stable for high speed

hahaha ... proton already zoom zoom 160 ... lol

Luckily that day all proton go below 150 haha

But theres one old camry go 160-180. Can see his car cannot go straight, keep on adjusting his steering wheel. His ball damn big to drive at such condition lol

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

Turbocharged

i m also itchy to change my F10.

looking either F-pace or macan.

saw GLC, not to my taste....

ha ha... although the price is very tempting.

i also say....

bo kor leng leh.

I whacked ard 160 felt ok, but my civee esi felt like a kite when i hit 200+ ..... thats was when i need to go to toilet.... lol

What tyres are you rolling on and what's ur rim size?

Those who cant differentiate a bimmer from a merc or jag should just buy whichever car that excites them cosmetically.

Makes no difference to them anyway. Cosmetically arousing appearance means more to them, and ultimately that's the value they attach it to anything they buy.

Don't get me wrong. There are still differences. But the gap is much closer now compared to one generation ago. This is just natural competition. Everyone is constantly trying to improve their products to outsell their competitors. And at some point, your advantage will get smaller and smaller.

Wt_know also just said the stock suspension sucks on his F10. How can you call a car an "ultimate driving machine" with a lousy suspension?

But last month i decided to go stock 17". Maybe balancing issue, will check with the tyre shop tmr. Just wanna make sure stock 17" is stable for high speed

Luckily that day all proton go below 150 haha

But theres one old camry go 160-180. Can see his car cannot go straight, keep on adjusting his steering wheel. His ball damn big to drive at such condition lol

i hit 200 with stock everything, R17/55/225 P7 run flats with my LCI. No problem. 160 is really cruising speed. 

i hit 200 with stock everything, R17/55/225 P7 run flats with my LCI. No problem. 160 is really cruising speed.

I think wind factor also plays a part.

I got once crossing tuas bridge, cant go over 110, hard to keep straight

Don't get me wrong. There are still differences. But the gap is much closer now compared to one generation ago. This is just natural competition. Everyone is constantly trying to improve their products to outsell their competitors. And at some point, your advantage will get smaller and smaller.

Wt_know also just said the stock suspension sucks on his F10. How can you call a car an "ultimate driving machine" with a lousy suspension?

lousy suspension.... hmm, strong words. but, its all relative. lousy because its too soft? or not soft enough? too hard or not hard enough? for road, for track, or for cruising? relative to which setup? 

have you driven one before? 

For sure... how many people inside the car also plays a part. And if you are on eco pro ... lots of factors

lousy suspension.... hmm, strong words. but, its all relative. lousy because its too soft? or not soft enough? too hard or not hard enough? for road, for track, or for cruising? relative to which setup?

For sure... how many people inside the car also plays a part. And if you are on eco pro ... lots of factors

Full load 4 adult. Use sport cos comfort cant go above 120. Feel too light

Don't know about next gen, but current gen wise, f10 really has the upper hand when compared to merc w212. Merc feels more solid in build, but the f10 really drives better...like in another class.

Should be the 17" tyres.

You felt like the car was not tracking straight? Like left right left right correction...then when drift left, correct right a bit and no response, then correct more...and too much overcompensate...and just left right left right....

• Praise 3

Don't know about next gen, but current gen wise, f10 really has the upper hand when compared to merc w212. Merc feels more solid in build, but the f10 really drives better...like in another class.

Should be the 17" tyres.

You felt like the car was not tracking straight? Like left right left right correction...then when drift left, correct right a bit and no response, then correct more...and too much overcompensate...and just left right left right....

Agree with u on drive better over w212 as i owned one before

And u r right not tracking straight. However at some point i can go 160-180 straight. Thats why feel weird

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Boring leh. Looks like I might have to change my German allegiance from propeller to 3 point star.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

yeah ... lousy is too strong word

stock suspension is soft and very comfy

but on high speed ... it floats and bouncy ... ball will shrink at 200 ... hehe

kw coilover i tune to soft-to-hard ... firmly planted but on uneven road can be a bit jarring ...

but sibei sibei stable ...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

kw coilover i tune to soft-to-hard ... firmly planted but on uneven road can be a bit jarring ...

That's why ///M sports suspension is a must for BMW.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

yes ... m spork should be stock ... lol

That's why ///M sports suspension is a must for BMW.

not say i dont like bmw.

just itchy to change a ride....

ha ha ha

What tyres are you rolling on and what's ur rim size?

20inch forged

PSS tyres

• Praise 3

Sorry bro, should use the word "sucks" that you used in your post earlier. Let me rephrase.. So how can you call a car an "ultimate driving machine" with a suspension that sucks? Should a good handling bmw have "floats" and "bouncy" in the same sentence? If is a Lincoln or Buick, I can understand. If you say it only happens at high speeds, then this "ultimate driving machine" title is only valid for low speeds?

If you change a merc suspension with kw coilovers, I'm sure it will handle pretty well too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2