2017 G30 BMW 5 Series

Carbon82

Hypersonic

Thanks to the big central console

Bro my car up north go 160 at some point quite unstable. Is it due to crosswind? Then when overtake trucks also. Drive with my rx450 and A8 before not much prob. Could it be due to weight difference?

Bro cannot be

Even my 316i at 190 very stable...only the lady nx to me so not stable lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 14

Sorry bro, should use the word "sucks" that you used in your post earlier. Let me rephrase.. So how can you call a car an "ultimate driving machine" with a suspension that sucks? Should a good handling bmw have "floats" and "bouncy" in the same sentence? If is a Lincoln or Buick, I can understand. If you say it only happens at high speeds, then this "ultimate driving machine" title is only valid for low speeds?

If you change a merc suspension with kw coilovers, I'm sure it will handle pretty well too.

How about ///M sports vs AMG Lines?

How about ///M sports vs AMG Lines?

I have no experience with those, so no comments.

What are your thoughts between these two?

Twincharged

I really try my best to understand what you guys are writing about but I failed.

I drive up to 220km/h also I feel very stable like the feeling of seating on a sofa, I don't get blown away when I drop the top and my hair is still in place, there are moments when my heart missed a few beats when I take a corner at 160km/h, other then that no issue with my BMW, MERCEDES, GET or even my A8.

Are you sure you guys are playing with Xbox or Wii?

• Praise 3

Bro cannot be

Even my 316i at 190 very stable...only the lady nx to me so not stable lol

Thats why i don't believe too. Maybe need to do re balancing
  • Praise 1

Thats why i don't believe too. Maybe need to do re balancing

Stable or not, everyone's level of acceptance is different also lah.

• Praise 3

Travel at 160 and get ready to be blown away by myvi.:sick:

Luckily no myvi at that speed or else i need to push my tiny 2.0L engine ttm haha

Stable or not, everyone's level of acceptance is different also lah.

I can go 200 but car not straight at certain times. Yes it can be handle well but safety of my family remains my concern for few hours ride.

(edited)

Luckily no myvi at that speed or else i need to push my tiny 2.0L engine ttm haha

I can go 200 but car not straight at certain times. Yes it can be handle well but safety of my family remains my concern for few hours ride.

Yeah.. everyone's dare to risk high speed and acceptance level of comfort / stability is all different.

Taxi driver 120km/h already feel like taking off.

My car 160km/h still cruising silently.

Then again, my cruising silently may sound like rubbish to e.g Bentley Mulsanne owner.

But if the taxi driver thinks his car is stable, there's no wrong hehe. It all bears down on how varied our driving experience are.

Edited by Audi2016
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Heh I'm surprised if the car feels floaty at any point but maybe you hit a bouncy patch on the hwy, anyway when driving our tolerance points are all different.

I took my previous mini up too 180 anything more felt unstable, another pal with a mini also remarked the mini was stable... at 250  [dead]

not say i dont like bmw.
just itchy to change a ride....

ha ha ha
20inch forged
PSS tyres

Heh I'm surprised if the car feels floaty at any point but maybe you hit a bouncy patch on the hwy, anyway when driving our tolerance points are all different.

I took my previous mini up too 180 anything more felt unstable, another pal with a mini also remarked the mini was stable... at 250 [dead]

Depend if stock maybe float

But if change suspension, tyre etc sure handling improve

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Just a question if he wasn't on some kind of sports suspension wouldn't the gap between the wheel and wheel arch be quite large (given his 20" rim profile)?

Depend if stock maybe float

But if change suspension, tyre etc sure handling improve

There is another variant it seems under M Performance suspension (even firmer then M sports), didn't do much research on this so not sure what the exact difference is but apparently its pretty hardcore.

That's why ///M sports suspension is a must for BMW.

Edited by Mercury1

Just a question if he wasn't on some kind of sports suspension wouldn't the gap between the wheel and wheel arch be quite large (given his 20" rim profile)?

There is another variant it seems under M Performance suspension (even firmer then M sports), didn't do much research on this so not sure what the exact difference is but apparently its pretty hardcore.

Regardless of wheel size, the gap should be the same.

M performance suspension is only available for certain model. 

• Praise 2

I took my previous mini up too 180 anything more felt unstable, another pal with a mini also remarked the mini was stable... at 250 [dead]

Mini can do 250?

Sorry it was a Mini Cooper S

Even the JCW iteration seems to top off at around 240... So cruising at 250 for an extended period to be able to judge stability...
  • Praise 1

BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo

bmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpgbmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpgbmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpgbmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpgbmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpgbmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpgbmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpg

Very different from the current 5GT. This new model look more like a larger version of the 3GT.

• Praise 3

BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo

bmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpgbmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpgbmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpgbmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpgbmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpgbmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpgbmw-5-series-gran-turismo-spy-photo.jpg

Very different from the current 5GT. This new model look more like a larger version of the 3GT.

Hopefully. The current 5GT really CMI
↡ Advertisement