2017 G30 BMW 5 Series

Carbon82

Collected my 530i Lux on Sat.... Damn Shiok! Love the ride! Just done the ceramic pps. Hope it doesn't rain for the next few days. Hahaha

Congrats! What color did u get?

Will try again this Saturday, first round not impressive enough...engine sound still noticeable. Wheel noise pretty loud..anyway, will test drive again...

Did u test the g30? Which version? If it is then your standard is quite high...

I sat in the e300h in china. Stopped at a factory for like 10mins while one of the personnal attend to something while me sat in the car.

I thought he off engine. No engine sound sia.

Super quiet.

Even when driving. The radio was off all the while but the damn insulation was so good i hardly hear any road noise also

Of cos wont hear cos at stationary using hybrid not engine thats why nvr hear any engine noise.

For road noise depend on tyre but generally e class is a quiet car with minimal wind noise. A good car doesnt lose out to lexus gs in term of quietness.

Collected my 530i Lux on Sat.... Damn Shiok! Love the ride! Just done the ceramic pps. Hope it doesn't rain for the next few days. Hahaha

Congrats! Enjoy ur ride.

"Of cos wont hear cos at stationary using hybrid not engine thats why nvr hear any engine noise."

Gd one

Gents, something doesn't look right. Sending in my 530i -> SC. Discovered an "oil leak" on the EPS module:

th_897261496_14May17530iM_SportEPSOil_01

Definitely not the usual - the EPS module is supposedly electric. Pic shows dirt accumulated around that area - which can only happen if there is an oil leak somewhere, or there could be a hydraulic actuator coupled to the EPS resulting in this phenomenon.

Brought my car to my tuner's yesterday - he was checking around the area but failed to identify the source. Confirmed it's some form of oil from somewhere. He ascertained that it's not normal. Will leave it at the SC for a week or two as I will be travelling anyway.

One simple crosscheck - open up and see the test drive cars - they would have clocked >6,000 km by now and see if there is a similar occurrence. My mileage currently stands at > 2,200 km.

On another note, look at the symmetrical and beautiful machined weld joints for the cross-member, which is aluminium, resulting in some weight savings.

Just checked mine after reading this.  800KM 530 M-Sport.  Exactly the same issue.  I has the same colouring but its very sticky to touch and is coated in dirt.  I doubt it's a leak because where I park the car there is no evidence on the ground of an oil leak.  

On the weekend I will clean it properly with some degreasers and then watch it.  I doubt its supposed to be there.  It's interesting that it's exactly the same on almost all cars.  Same colouring and same location.

Keep us updated if you get an answer please :-)

If the SC says it isn't an oil leak, that's one thing, but what is it then???

Thanks

Cheers

If you keep pressing the fan speed button, it reduces the speed to the lowest and one more press, it switches off A/C.

Actually its a good habit but for bmw i nvr turn off aircon cod very troublesome, dont have off button

If you keep pressing the fan speed button, it reduces the speed to the lowest and one more press, it switches off A/C.

Yes very troublesome right no off button and normal day i use 5-6 fan speed lol. If use auto also cannot only at night u feel auto is sufficient

Spend so much on BMW, why to bother to switch off? For me everything is auto. Just start / stop car that is all.

One question, did you guys have habit of turning off your air con before you turn off your engine?

My F10 used to be 100% auto. Everything on auto. Will miss F10 soon

Yes very troublesome right no off button and normal day i use 5-6 fan speed lol. If use auto also cannot only at night u feel auto is sufficient

Spend so much on BMW, why to bother to switch off? For me everything is auto. Just start / stop car that is all.

My F10 used to be 100% auto. Everything on auto. Will miss F10 soon

Actually use auto is good because the system will adjust slowly when u cold start the car.

U would notice that in beginning low fan speed to reduce strain on compressor, once u move off the fan speed gradually increasing.

Yes you are right, AC is not switched ON till after few seconds you started the ignition.

Actually use auto is good because the system will adjust slowly when u cold start the car.

U would notice that in beginning low fan speed to reduce strain on compressor, once u move off the fan speed gradually increasing.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1