2017 G30 BMW 5 Series

Carbon82

Someone who mutters "him again......" under his breath everytime he sees radx appear

[laugh]

shd be @viceroymenthol lah :XD:  :XD:

Yes.. went to pm during the motor show they say no stock .. stock only come in Apr. Then I saw our bro post about buying from pi. So exploring

Pml was giving good overtrade for their airshow BMW recently. H

Pml was giving good overtrade for their airshow BMW recently. H

Yes that was only for 520 and they told me the features not the same as the normal 520 . Will be less

Need to compare like for like specs and OT to really see if the PI route is attractive.

In the end the difference is probably closer to 30-35k. A premium of about 15%.

C&C also levy the same premium but so far I think they are still ok.

The only risk really is a lemon car. I think this really put off a lot of people in trying PI. Most wouldn't cos kiasi is in our DNA.

kiasi, kia su, kia cheng hu....all in the DNA

Need to compare like for like specs and OT to really see if the PI route is attractive.

The only risk really is a lemon car. I think this really put off a lot of people in trying PI. Most wouldn't cos kiasi is in our DNA.

anything above $35K ... i would dare to take the PI risk provided the car is already here and delivery is FIRM

if really sibei suay kena lemon ... chop chop sell and post ... doctor's 2nd car ... my loss is your gain ... LOL

Edited by Wt_know

even without R2D ... i don't see BMW engine or electrical parts are rocket science leh

the engine and electrical parts are used in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 series ... lol

i understand R2D would be good to resolve some "gremlins" and "annoyance" ... ie: simple and quick fixs

if the engine or gearbox cui or steering screw up ... these are the 3 super duper expensive stuff

worst if lemon ... the warranty claim is the "critical part" which PI is 99% forego liao

but if can save $45K-$50K upfront ... that's a RISK "worth" to take [sly][laugh]

buy liao ... wash car with pomelo leaf water for 7x7=49 days .... sure protected gao gao ... hehe

U think first 3 years repair will cost u $45k?

Go by PI ok la just worry resale will be harder than pml unit.

Some resale buyer out there see pi bmw is like a different unit from pml one like not from same factory lol

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

i don't give a fck of resale value

for my 3-series and 5-series both from pml

when trade in ... all get lousy price ... simi pml unit also no use

more or less paper value + body value nia

any PI car can get paper value + body value

getting from PML is only the assurance for warranty claim in case of gearbox, steering column, engine, etc cui in the first 3 years

other than that ... based on my 3-series and 5-series ... i think my warranty claim is minimal (less than $5K?)

anyway ... it's a good thing for me also la which my car is more or less problem free [:)]

3-series > change 1 headlight because of yellowish, claim warranty for valvetronic and ignition coil

5-series > change the steering some parts that produce ngeet ngeet sound during full turn, claim warranty for aircon not cold

on hindsight should get PI unit if can save $30K+- ... LOL

U think first 3 years repair will cost u $45k?

Go by PI ok la just worry resale will be harder than pml unit.
Some resale buyer out there see pi bmw is like a different unit from pml one like not from same factory lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

getting from PML is only the assurance for warranty claim in case of gearbox, steering column, engine, etc cui in the first 3 years

other than that ... based on my 3-series and 5-series ... i think my warranty claim is minimal (less than $5K?)

anyway ... it's a good thing for me also la which my car is more or less problem free [:)]

3-series > change 1 headlight because of yellowish, claim warranty for valvetronic and ignition coil

5-series > change the steering some parts that produce ngeet ngeet sound during full turn, claim warranty for aircon not cold

If u trade in with any car dealer sure will be valued paper+body

What i mean if u direct selling to direct buyer.

But if warranty by reputable outsourced workshop like mbm optima etc, anyone got difficulty in claiming?

• Praise 1

3-series trade in to PML to get 5-series ... PML dare to tell me ... err ... your car can only get paper value + body ... nothing special

5-series trade in to Stuttgart (3rd party used car dealer) ... see 5-series no up ... paper value + body (min) ... that's it

But if warranty by reputable outsourced workshop like mbm optima etc, anyone got difficulty in claiming?

Edited by Wt_know

does PML practice for warranty claims they only use parts shipped over from BMW? ie they will need to 1st check then get permission and then order the parts for replacement?

I know some ADs practice this, thus the warranty claim process is long.

Probably with PI you just pay and change immediately if there are parts in SG.

does PML practice for warranty claims they only use parts shipped over from BMW? ie they will need to 1st check then get permission and then order the parts for replacement?

so far my experience is ad just check the defect and get it replaced, no need to go one big round.

jap car can go pi but not conti, especially audi. will cry if get a lemon gearbox.

claim warranty from pi is more difficult than going to the moon.

so far my experience is ad just check the defect and get it replaced, no need to go one big round.

jap car can go pi but not conti, especially audi. will cry if get a lemon gearbox.

unable to claim warranty from PI is a foregone conclusion la

imagine that if 1 of the critical part need to be replaced and it costs $5K $6K or worst close to $10K

no PI no workshop would "swallow" that cost ...

anything less than $1K might still entertain you abit la

and they will taichi from geylang all the way to woodland ... [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know

how about trade in to PML ? will they offer a better price for F10 ?

• Praise 6