Re-employment age raised to 67 on Jul 1, 2017

tenyawph

Maybe even further..

Getting re-re-employed till we are fully lowered horizontally into the ground.

Might as well remove the retirement age!

• Praise 9

They want us to have debts for longer periods of time ; I remember Housing Loans used to be upto 55 or 60 in the ;rock n roll' days  and now its 65 ; so now they will lobby it to be 67 huh???  

But then again people are also living to 90++ unlike during Rock n Roll days used to be like in 70 , expire already (though some live very well too)  When I see ST Obituary got so many live to 90 but of course some unfortunate ones don't make it to even 60     

• Praise 7

(edited)

At this rate, there is no need to think of retirement anymore.

By the time, I reached the shifting goal post for retirement age, I may need to sign till death we part with the company I am working for.

The issue I see is:

moving the employment age goal post is a temporary solution for our current problems of: not enough money to retire, over-crowding with no place for our elderly except to JB to retire at an old age home, medical expenses taken care of individual by still contributing to medishield life, with pay cut when one work beyond 60 or 65 savings for company and etc.

As our community ages, please let us age gracefully. The pioneer generation, endured suffering so that their next generation can have a better life instead our reserves are still kept in cold storage for rainy days, many of us cant afford to give our well deserved pioneer generation the luxury and well deserve rest they need, let alone genuine recognition.

Too often in our society, it is government lead because we become so dependent on them. Instead today we have a larger pool of educated and widely travelled society so we need to take initiatives to start movements as individual or groups to live a gracious, happy and fruitful lives. We can start by smiling every morning when we wake up.

After all, our lives are ours and nobody can really make us do anything if we really don't want to.

We have to keep asking ourselves, why or what are we living for.

Edited by Still2016
  • Praise 8

Supersonic
(edited)

By the time you are closing in,

Your retirement age will be 80 years old.

Your CPF withdrawal will start at 80 years old.

Bcuz gahmen will say you will live to a grand of old age of 101.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 5

I have a better idea ......... those needed to go earlier than retirement age need to pay back to cpf to make up the lost of cpf contribution .  [thumbsup]

• Praise 7

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/re-employment-age-raised/2678966.html

Dear bros,

Do you think that the government will raise the age that you can start withdrawing from the CPF Retirement Account from the current 65 to 67 in 2017?

I think it will be slowly raised to 67 then 70 even 75 or 80 in times to come. Eventually  our society will not have any retirement age. So the answer is work until you lay straight 6 ft below.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

MCFers not affected .

They have so much cash , all can choose to retire anytime they want to , and their CPF monies are loose change , no need to touch at all.

• Praise 2

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/re-employment-age-raised/2678966.html

Dear bros,

Do you think that the government will raise the age that you can start withdrawing from the CPF Retirement Account from the current 65 to 67 in 2017?

If we do not have enough savings, then no choice but to continue to work ... whether retirement age comes or not ...

Its a foregone conclusion that the withdrawal age will increase... just wondering when its the ultimate age ...

Don't look at cpf as the main source of income... rather its emergency funds when we die ...

Better save while we can ...

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

They say all si mi sai sickness starts when one reaches 60. I remember Long time ago a TC show call Logan's run where they make sure you don't live beyond 60. Save all the trouble and problems. After all the quality of life after 60 is all the way downhill.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

So fast they raise the re-employment age from 65 to 67?! Looks like they are really encourage people to work till they die?

• Praise 3

(edited)

In Japan in the old days so famous for its Employment for Life Mantra for the same Company until don't know what/when...... now they also cannot walk their words; Until some families both father and son also work in the same Company; now where got also????  

KNN in Singapore people jump jobs either because choosy or get bored or better perks or so many Company cannot even survive and every now n then some Company kenna makan by another Company (M&A) Even Banks employ on Contract terms nowadays even the front tellers 

One of my Taiwanese supplier (public listed company)  both manager & Supervisor  says he worked for the same Company for 25 years and never changed jobs one is in his 60's and another in his mid 50's; I was very surprised and it makes my life working with easier and each others understand each others idiosyncracies    

Thats why the world middle Aged is now changed from 40's to now 53 and soon maybe 57 or 60

Retirement is a Trending Subject now everywhere in the world.... not alone in Singapore, I must add    

Maybe nowadays people dye their hair regularly so cannot anyhow call "Ah Pek"  also

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 6

Turbocharged

So fast they raise the re-employment age from 65 to 67?! Looks like they are really encourage people to work till they die?

Actually do private companies still hold on to their staff age 60 and above?? Think most will probably be retrenched before hitting that age. This not the 80s or 90s anymore, unless you in civil service.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2