New Harrier Japan

Marcostan

I will pm you. There are a few of PIs who have the premium advance on stock after I have done lots of research . It's not actually premium advance , more premium with pre crash . Lots of bros here have helped a lot but you still have to call them , meet them personally before able to do a comparison

Hi bro, can you also pm me the pis that have premium advance package? Btw, still a bit confused between premium advanced and style mauve, can anyone clarify it? Appreciate that.
↡ Advertisement

I'm having the premium leather with sonar cruise / pre-crash.

Some pi will classify that as advance model. But it's not.

For those who buying full leather... I rather have the leather done locally. As I can customized it to my likings.

I shld hv done that. And I dun hv to pay so much to indent n paying the taxes.

How did u get the pcs/sonar control and full leather together? DIY ?

All these are Super rich people that switch from con car and found that the power of Harrier not up to the expectation !

To add to that, many have a misplaced expectation of the ride. This is supposed to be a crossover, but many try and mod the car as if to turn it to a performance car: lower ride, brembo brakes, aggressive body kits, throttle control, etc... Do that and you lose sight of why you get this ride in the first place.

If you want a performance ride, this is not. However, if you want a comfortable, trouble free ride for yourself and the family, the harrier will meet your expectations and perhaps more.

I've gotten the car just 5 days ago, and I'm satisfied with it so far; good FC, very smooth and quiet ride, very comfortable for both driver and passengers.

People complain about the pickup with Eco mode, but I like it, it is slow but very gradual. Perhaps I'm coming to 50 years old , that's why.:p I'm into business of calm, so this ride is suitable for me, lol!

To add to that, many have a misplaced expectation of the ride. This is supposed to be a crossover, but many try and mod the car as if to turn it to a performance car: lower ride, brembo brakes, aggressive body kits, throttle control, etc... Do that and you lose sight of why you get this ride in the first place.

If you want a performance ride, this is not. However, if you want a comfortable, trouble free ride for yourself and the family, the harrier will meet your expectations and perhaps more.

I've gotten the car just 5 days ago, and I'm satisfied with it so far; good FC, very smooth and quiet ride, very comfortable for both driver and passengers.

People complain about the pickup with Eco mode, but I like it, it is slow but very gradual. Perhaps I'm coming to 50 years old , that's why.:p I'm into business of calm, so this ride is suitable for me, lol!

Many thought is performance car judging from the external look .

Want a better performance SUV, can go for the turbo charged Forrester. :)

In terms of ride comfort, the Harrier has few comparisons in the Jap car segment.

Thank you all Harrier owners for the very elaborate details on the car.

Questions for current owners -

1. Some PIs requesting a $15K downpayment. This is normal amount?

2. How's the ride? Having got a chance to test CVT transmission, so cannot compare with say the 216gt or the CX-5.

TIA

Hi Bro,

Depends on the pi. Some will just ask for 5k as deposit. Some will ask 15k.

As 10k is for COE bidding and 5k as their deposit.

You try bargain ....if can accept 5k or 10k as deposit.

anyone knows if we can install any GPS Software for the harrier?

GPS on which HU?

Harrier is a SUV not crossover.

What do you expect from a below 200k SUV?

Unless you for the X6 , or Porsche Cayanne...... or Lexus RX200T.....or Audi Q7...

Harrier been producing it for more than 15 years at least... now into 3rd generation.

Lots of improvement for the 3rd Gen compared to the previous 2 Gens.

Disappointing is no daylights .... no turbo...or better exhaust system... but then again, its just a nice SUV.

As SUV are not meant for high speed.....

Want a better performance SUV, can go for the turbo charged Forrester. :)

In terms of ride comfort, the Harrier has few comparisons in the Jap car segment.

Ya the Forester is faster and more electronic gadgets ( display ) but outlooks the Harrier beats it......

All depends on wat u require

Thanks bro. yup, really got confused as different pis saying different specs, i want to secure ex stock cars which make sure all the accessories they promised are there and can register immediate... which seems a bit difficult. Cartimes sales quoted me one premium paranomic leather package, which includes all 100% leather seats (only electronic seats for driver), solar panels, auto tailgate, and one oem HU which provides 360 view but cost extra $1600, but im a bit concerned as cartimes is not direct importer and their own workshop is a new one which seems not so good. May still need to check with other PIs abt their ex stock..

Btw, i always heard Leco's name in several forums, but there are leco auto and leco prestige, which one is the exact one used to be?

Thank you bro. Really appreciate your comments and advices, will check with more resources to see if i can get the one i want, too many different fittings, like you said maybe i will find one probably with the PI i dont prefer...

As 1 of the feature is also the AUTO TILT SIDE MIRROR at passenger side.

All Harriers are not imported with this feature.....But I Have ! .......lol

• Praise 1

Hi Ben

Thks for feedback. And yes, some PIs only require $5k d/p & some ask for $15k. Wonder why the inconsistencies here?

Hi Bro,

Depends on the pi. Some will just ask for 5k as deposit. Some will ask 15k.

As 10k is for COE bidding and 5k as their deposit.

You try bargain ....if can accept 5k or 10k as deposit.

• Praise 1

believe it or not, harrier price shooting up again due to higher COE. Higher yen also contribute to the extent.. [;)]

• Praise 1

believe it or not, harrier price shooting up again due to higher COE. Higher yen also contribute to the extent.. [;)]

So I was lucky! The 'savings' that I got for getting the ride post 38k COE more than makes up for not striking 4D on the new car plate number. :)
  • Praise 1

So I was lucky! The 'savings' that I got for getting the ride post 38k COE more than makes up for not striking 4D on the new car plate number. :)

How much the price now ?

Turbocharged

Can now hoot more on your lumber.   [nod]  [thumbsup]

I bought the Elegance, now the price is around 138-140k. 

Ya, the price seem like shoot up now with the latest June COE.

In May COE, around 142K can get you premium harrier.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1