New Harrier Japan

Marcostan

Haven seen any new harrier on the road yet. From the YouTube videos n internet this model really looks posh and chio! Too bad BM din bring in. Need to buy from PI.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Haven seen any new harrier on the road yet. From the YouTube videos n internet this model really looks posh and chio! Too bad BM din bring in. Need to buy from PI.

saw 1 awhile back already... its alright lah its just an SUV... nothing outstanding as there are so many other brands out there now

Saw in chinatown last month, chio if the badge change to lexus sure sell better than Hotcakes

Importer of Toyota/Lexus vehicles in Singapore: TMAP

BM is a AD of TMAP in Sg.

Moreover, Harrier is JDM.

Saw in chinatown last month, chio if the badge change to lexus sure sell better than Hotcakes

If the badge changed to Lexus, pay extra $100K at least. Worth it?

saw 1 awhile back already... its alright lah its just an SUV... nothing outstanding as there are so many other brands out there now

Yes, many brands out there of cos many nicer like X3, X5, Q5, Q7, RX270, Merc M series.

With this price (about 150~160K), which SUV come close?

Yes, many brands out there of cos many nicer like X3, X5, Q5, Q7, RX270, Merc M series.

2.0L vs 2.7L

CVT vs 6AT

is your comparison spec for spec?

In Japan, there is a price diff of 30% btw the cheapest RX and Harrier.

Worth it, rename it as new RX

Hypersonic

Worth it, rename it as new RX

The new Harrier is base on RAV4. So you can't name it as RX.

I know there is price diff. I meant not worth to pay extra like $100K if jus change the badge to Lexus.

I rather it's a nice a chio affordable Toyota.

2.0L vs 2.7L

CVT vs 6AT

is your comparison spec for spec?

In Japan, there is a price diff of 30% btw the cheapest RX and Harrier.

The new Harrier is base on RAV4. So you can't name it as RX.

Same like both have the same engine but harrier really more chio!

In the past I fully understand BM dun wan to bring in the previous model harrier cos it's same look at RX. But now it's totally diff look. I am sure if BM bring in Harrier sure can sell more than Rav 4.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I know there is price diff. I meant not worth to pay extra like $100K if jus change the badge to Lexus.

In the past I fully understand BM dun wan to bring in the previous model harrier cos it's same look at RX. But now it's totally diff look. I am sure if BM bring in Harrier sure can sell more than Rav 4.

The Harrier look very good. A lot better than the RAV4.

But one thing I don't like for the Harrier is the CVT GB.

A 6 speed auto will be better.

• Praise 1

How do u know it is not worth extra of 100k?

Not forgetting Lexus is premium brand in Japan.

• Praise 1

If the RX has gold cased steering wheel or 10 carat diamond dials, then its definitely worth the extra $100K!!!!

• Praise 1

If the RX has gold cased steering wheel or 10 carat diamond dials, then its definitely worth the extra $100K!!!!

Have u done a proper comparison btw both cars spec vs spec?

Not forgetting that most of the PI jap car are barebone.

driving a used SUV now, so if the current model can bring in 2.2litre, would be great, some sluggishness, 2.0L sure drag due to weight issue, ideally the interior is beautifully decorated, can add-on extra from outside accessories shop.

City driving is fine but playing catch-up with bigger cc was a headacne. I may consider this new model [cool]

• Praise 1

Most ppl buy harrier to change badge & so on, it's imperative not wanting to look ' beng ' eagle logo, so being ' unbeng ' many Toyo admirer would change the Lux badge, it look cleaner and clean-cut, besides Toyo cars has the least problematic cars in survey done as compared to conti cars.

An old japanese counterpart whom i 've fetch in airport when he drop by Sp doneky years ago, saw me driving a toyo car say the Corona engine car engine hotter the better, coz the engine is built to last.

(edited)

Have u done a proper comparison btw both cars spec vs spec?

Not forgetting that most of the PI jap car are barebone.

You got me there.

Besides the published specs, are there anymore superior items that justified the additional $100K that the RX commands? Help me out here, if you can.

I am comparing the RX270 with the Harrier.

Edited by gasman

Most ppl buy harrier to change badge & so on, it's imperative not wanting to look ' beng ' eagle logo, so being ' unbeng ' many Toyo admirer would change the Lux badge, it look cleaner and clean-cut, besides Toyo cars has the least problematic cars in survey done as compared to conti cars.

An old japanese counterpart whom i 've fetch in airport when he drop by Sp doneky years ago, saw me driving a toyo car say the Corona engine car engine hotter the better, coz the engine is built to last.

In my opinion, there is nothing beng about that eagle. I have nothing against Harrier except 2L is seriously underpower especially with full load of passenger. It is not about racing but agility of the car to switch lane or overtaking.

Lexus being premium brand of Toyota will definitely make RX feel more premium than Harrier.

Since Harrier is based out of RAV4, does it mean that it replace Vanguard?

How to compare Vanguard against RX? Difference class le.

Without making spec vs spec comparison, it is a swiping statement to say that it is not worth $100k more.

You got me there.

Besides the published specs, are there anymore superior items that justified the additional $100K that the RX commands? Help me out here, if you can.

I am comparing the RX270 with the Harrier.

Walk down to your fav dealer or PI to do the comparison lah.

I am referring to myself. I think it's not worth jus pay so much money for a brand without change of quality or better engine.
↡ Advertisement