Seat makes a comeback to Singapore!

Fcw75

Turbocharged

For the VAG supporters, vw got everything same same (both good & bad). Liddat might as well juz go for the original.

VW does not have SEAT's better style.

Would be interesting to see how the AD will pitch/market the brand in small, brand concious sg.

For A to B buyers, they will not even look at an "unknown" brand n stick wif the trusted jap names.

For budget buyer, got Attrage n Uber/Grab/other 'fake' pte-hire (aka 10-yr loan) packages to satisfy them.

For badge buyer, no need to say liao.

For working-class conti buyer, oredi got many established vw/citroen/pug/Renault to choose from this crowded n small market

For the VAG supporters, vw got everything same same (both good & bad). Liddat might as well juz go for the original.

Looks like the onli buyers left are Opel, Fiat or past Cherry QQ customers....LOL.

Watching some uk review Seat have the same build quality in the group.. Share most of the parts. The same plant they also build Audi Q mode.. Their price in uk for seat is about 18% lower then VW. Now another option to choose for.. Not sure AD bring in Leon ST 1.2 TSI

Hi guys, I've gotten quite a few queries. Replied to some of you.

Unfortunately, I can't reveal much even if I want to as I've been gagged for the moment by my management.

Once I have the green light, I'd update you guys further on models available and pricing.

As well as trying to stay on the right side of the law of this forum without getting banned.

Do keep the PMs coming in though and I'll get back to you. Cheers!

• Praise 2

For Alhambra / Sharan, the following engine options are currently available in other part of the world.

Petrol

1.4 TSI, 150ps, 250Nm

2.0 TSI, 220ps, 350Nm

Diesel

2.0 TDI, 115ps, 280Nm

2.0 TDI, 150ps, 340Nm

2.0 TDI, 184ps, 380Nm

Back in Singapore, pre-facelift Sharan is available in 2.0TSI as standard, with brief introduction and sales of 1.4TSI & 184ps 2.0TDI (probably just 1 or 2 shipment). No further details on engine availability for facelift Sharan yet (which is target to be introduced in Nov), but high likely 2.0TSI is the one to expect, given that 1.4 TSI is not well received previously, and VW is still recovering from the diesel gate scandal.

Alhambra, as confirmed by the sales manager of Vertex Euro, will be introduced here (next month) only in diesel, but with 2 output option, i.e. 150ps & 184ps.

Price the Alhambra right and it can become an Estima/Voxy/Esquire/Noah beater... for those looking for a budget Sharan.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hi guys, I've gotten quite a few queries. Replied to some of you.

Unfortunately, I can't reveal much even if I want to as I've been gagged for the moment by my management.

Once I have the green light, I'd update you guys further on models available and pricing.

As well as trying to stay on the right side of the law of this forum without getting banned.

Do keep the PMs coming in though and I'll get back to you. Cheers!

It's nice to see dealer execs getting more interactive on places like MCF.

It's a shame I'm not browsing the market with a purpose anymore.

Just wondering and no offence to anyone but is the product ranking like this?

Upmarket: Audi

Medium/average market: VW

Bread n Butter market: Seat and Skoda???

Or do they differentiate Skoda from Seat as well??

Not sure about the positioning now, but a few years ago, this is roughly how these brands are positioned;

Premium / High end: Audi, Phaeton

Medium / Mass market: VW, Skoda

Sporty mass market / with higher trim: Seat

Last but not least Commercial: VW, Dacia

Price the Alhambra right and it can become an Estima/Voxy/Esquire/Noah beater... for those looking for a budget Sharan.

yup. SEAT must be price right if its to succeed in the SG market.

too premium pricing and the cars will sit in the showroom. pricing should not be more than vw.

yup. SEAT must be price right if its to succeed in the SG market.

too premium pricing and the cars will sit in the showroom. pricing should not be more than vw.

I strongly believe it will be priced below VW but question is how much is considered attractive?

Besides pricing, what I feel may entice buyers is 3 year free servicing and perhaps even a say $1k top up for additional 2 more years of service like what Opel offered for the Astra. This would give peace of mind to our demanding market who would want assurance before parting with their $ in a very competitive car market so in short, tempt me to buy I say!

• Praise 3

Seat is marketed globally as the sporty design alternative to VW range and not budget VW

how can it be priced lower than VW?

[laugh]

Talk nia la bro.

I driving the Caddy DSG nia, you say leh...where got money?

Knn....u started this thread in 2011. The new Seat AD was pinning their entire hope on you to sell at least 1 car in sg.

Now u dash their hope liao....LOL

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3