Seat makes a comeback to Singapore!

Fcw75

OT a bit..

VW SE told me that the DSG 7 sp Dry clutch issues already solved as changed to mineral oil instead of syn oil..

He thought Uncle here dun surf the forums especially MCF

Edited by Macrosszero
↡ Advertisement

i guess i'm the 1% here, with regards to leather seat. Unless its from the factory, i rather have the fabric. local leather provided is the lousiest rubbish ever.

the fabric seats have a much better fit. IMHO locally fitted crap can never beat the factory parts.

Agree with you. Leather seats from factory are the best. Local leather seats are not so good. Plus given the warm climate here, fabric seat is a good option unless you want to burn your butt after parking in the sun for hours. 

To add on, indent normally costs more so for those on a budget, it could make a difference $ wise.

That also explains why VW doesn't do it here cos costs will go up for the buyer which may make it not viable. I guess manual die hards may be willing to go the indent route since their choices greatly limited though.

Actual cost will depend on what you choose. They can arrange to ship in your car together with the next shipment so the cost is not that high. Just that need to wait. If you are ok with the waiting, it should be fine.

Maybe Vertex have not enough time or resources to do a proper market research, as they are rushing to bring in the Seat brand first? Let the sales figures point the road for them. IMO,

- Diesel for larger car, not suitable for smaller car like Leon, due to little cost saving in say fuel cost,

- Manual gear for sporty model instead of bread & butter one, especially when cost is incurred for indent,

- Leather seat is a must for buyer here, since 99% of the new car have it as standard (factory fitted or otherwise),

As what I have shared before, they have to be bench mark against the other make and model within the same category (spec & price) so that Seat model can be an attractive alternative to lure potential buyer into the showroom.

Diesel for larger cars means more hefty road tax. Plus no one knows what the govt is up to with regards to the diesel tax structure. One moment they will say something is environmentally friendly, but when demand picks up, they will just aim to make more money. Which is why environmentally friendly initiatives here is so difficult to take off. Because all the govt cares about is $$$$$$. 

OT a bit..

VW SE told me that the DSG 7 sp Dry clutch issues already solved as changed to mineral oil instead of syn oil..

He thought Uncle here dun surf the forums especially MCF

4 la.

1. LEON ST: 1.6TDI and 2.0TDI

2. LEON 5DR 1.2TSI and 2.0TDI

3. LEON CUPRA

4. TOLEDO. (cant remember which engine)

Just to clarify that the SE told me that they only have 2 cars in stock with manual gearbox: Leon Estate and Leon 5D.

All 4 models can order manual gearbox, if you include the Ateca that will be 5.

Anyway, I am only looking at Auto, so that rules out manual for me.

My advice is not to Indent a rare car,future spare parts problem....like Clutch,Linkage...etc.

Manual gearbox is more reliable than the auto gearbox.

Usually not so much problems except wear and tear item like clutch plate etc.

Can get parts from non-AD outside suppliers.

this type of car lagi must drive manual. [laugh]

I am driving one 'cos there's no reason why I should settle for a worse driving experience as there's no performance to speak off to begin with.

Still got demand for manual for a mass mkt B&B car in sg? Seriously??

this type of car lagi must drive manual. [laugh]

I am driving one 'cos there's no reason why I should settle for a worse driving experience as there's no performance to speak off to begin with.

Wahaha....valid point.

Manual is fun what, regardless of power level. The only time you can use 4 limbs to drive, keeps you more alert.

Eh...u tink everyone driving RS izit?

Eh, even a manual vios also fun to drive leh. Its the interaction, not just the power level.

If clutch is light n throws r positive still got hope. Some juz hv a horrid feel n not worth the trouble esp during the many daily jams.

If clutch is light n throws r positive still got hope. Some juz hv a horrid feel n not worth the trouble esp during the many daily jams.

Good point..  [thumbsup]

Aiya, is simple la. 90% of drivers in Singapore want auto.

For the 10% who like manual, there is the choice. You want, you pay and you wait.

Yup it is simple, except in this case, the whole issue about the manual gearbox option started because someone suggested it as a way to get around the unreliable DSG gearbox found in VW/SEAT cars.

So what this means for those who are avoiding the DSG gearbox is that they might have to order a manual gearbox, even though they really wanted an auto gearbox in the first place. This leads to a 'sub-optimal' decision making.

Buying a car should not be like this. If you prefer auto get an auto gearbox (90% of drivers), if you prefer manual order a manual gearbox (10% of drivers). If a car forces you to choose otherwise, then perhaps it is wiser to look at another brand, unless if you are prepared to accept the compromise.

Eh, even a manual vios also fun to drive leh. Its the interaction, not just the power level. 

Hi bro,

Fully agreed - manual car is much fun to drive if traffic is light.

But not on the custom especially near the slope bridge - inch by inch - wear out the clutch faster and legs tired.

repair cost on the gear box is cheaper too if compare to auto version.

↡ Advertisement