Seat makes a comeback to Singapore!

Fcw75

I really liked Seat when they were around. Very distinctive and different cars.

I recently went to Wolfsburg and visited the Volkswagen City (Autostadt). I spent a lot of time on the Seat exhibit. My word, their new cars are stunning.

I do think they should come back. Definitely will have market (albeit small). German engineering with Latin looks, probably enough to tempt those people who buying cars like Renault/Opel/Ford now.

I had a Seat Toledo from 2001-2003. it was a great car - good handling and sufficient power (only 100bhp but 150 Nm) even though it was a 1.6A. on the NSHW i could hit 180kph w/o breaking a sweat. i even travelled all the way to penang and up to genting with 6 ppl (! yes! ok one was a child) in this car.

there was a local Seat forum too and some of us even went to PG for some track fun on our toledos.

unfortunately after i sold the car, it misbehaved and gave problems to the next owner.

I also owned a Toledo that time. Good car.

If i am correct, Chery is selling a sedan in that design here. Didnt know what name is that. But definetely a seat toledo body.

Twincharged

Seat is doing quite well recently, & their new hatchbacks are really nice looking.

Because of VW imputs,i heard 20 yrs ago,when VW take over SEAT & Skoda,they only gave them 'dated' technology,now they shared the latest even the MQB bodypan.

Hypersonic

Even if here, sales will be bad.

Those who say should bring it here, will you buy one yrself?

Ultimately, you will be realistic and realize it's not practical. In the end, go for more reputable European brand.

Even if here, sales will be bad.

Those who say should bring it here, will you buy one yrself?

I would actually (if I got the money la [:p] ).

Because, to be really honest, the latest Seats are as good as the latest Volkswagens. Obviously the key point then would be dealer support and pricing strategy, but all things considered, I would take a Seat over a VW.

VW Group 2 groups - one 'sporty' made up of audi, seat & lamborgini. the other is 'classic' consisting of Volkswagen, Skoda, Bentley and Bugatti.

You are right, Spanish brand using VW engines just Perodua using Daihatsu engines and Aussie Holden using Nissan engines.

Seat is the little brother of the Lambo Audi VW group.

I guess since Lambo, Audi N VW r already here.....ty figure no point bringing any more problematic cars from the same group. [laugh]

Ty now already market the VW to fight with the Jap cars so who is Seat going to fight with? China cars? [:p]

VW Group 2 groups - one 'sporty' made up of audi, seat & lamborgini. the other is 'classic' consisting of Volkswagen, Skoda, Bentley and Bugatti.

Oh yah. I forgot abt Skoda Bently N Bugatti. [rolleyes]

VW group is huge n I think ty already hv most of the market in SG covered.

Like what was said, Skoda already a good car but cannot find its footing here. Our tiny car market already so crowded. Why bring in Seat n make it even more crowded. End up ty fighting with themselves fr market share.

Because of VW imputs,i heard 20 yrs ago,when VW take over SEAT & Skoda,they only gave them 'dated' technology,now they shared the latest even the MQB bodypan.

Cos ty now have to fight in more developed n big markets like europe n maybe China in future.

But brand name in SG is very important.

U ask the average motorist abt Seat n ty say chair can buy from Ikea. [laugh]

I also owned a Toledo that time. Good car.

If i am correct, Chery is selling a sedan in that design here. Didnt know what name is that. But definetely a seat toledo body.

Another China CLONE car. [sly]

Oh yah. I forgot abt Skoda Bently N Bugatti. [rolleyes]

VW group is huge n I think ty already hv most of the market in SG covered.

Like what was said, Skoda already a good car but cannot find its footing here. Our tiny car market already so crowded. Why bring in Seat n make it even more crowded. End up ty fighting with themselves fr market share.

Agree SEAT compete in same segment as VW except the Phaeton. No value add to bright in here despite heavy parts sharing between the two marques.

Having said that i noticed SEAT cars tail lights are rather distinctive having driven alongside one in Switzerland.

Agree SEAT compete in same segment as VW except the Phaeton. No value add to bright in here despite heavy parts sharing between the two marques.

Having said that i noticed SEAT cars tail lights are rather distinctive having driven alongside one in Switzerland.

The current batch design quite nice but in SG name is very important.

U see Toyota Altis made in Thai also can b top seller. [dizzy] As long as its a Toyota, many wil just buy.

(edited)

yes, VW is here to fight the Japs...but pricing wise is still usually higher positioned..

if SEAT can come along, it can 'sit' below VW and fight on almost equal pricing position against the Japs...of cos how much sales can this bring is anyone guess..

Edited by Cluboxed

yes, VW is here to fight the Japs...but pricing wise is still usually higher positioned..

if SEAT can come along, it can 'sit' below VW and fight on almost equal pricing position against the Japs...of cos how much sales can this bring is anyone guess..

You sure? Skoda is selling at higher price than VW.

↡ Advertisement