Seat makes a comeback to Singapore!

Fcw75

BTW heard from a SC most of it sold to another car company for leasing/rental.

They manager claim that resale is same as VW as they familiy.

SAME MY ASS!!!!

Yeah sure . It is a SEAT diesel car. What resale value is he talking about considering the new regulations that are going to kick in  [;)]

Which fruit seller will say their fruits no good?

I am always amazed when people around me ask those fruit seller if their fruits are sweet.

• Praise 2

We'll see la, but so far I don't have an optimistic view of the dealer. Terrible attitude and over-confident. We'll see if they can adapt to the new regulations.

• Praise 4

Think they wanna follow opel route with the new overtrade that time when i went to see the Leon they were quoting me 107k... Dunno if they will bring in the petrol variant of the 1.2 TSI Toledo... Test drove the diesel models it is very spacious but i don't like the diesel droning sound plus there is a a 1.2 TSI manual Toledo but i am tired of driving manual as my past 2 cars were manual...

Think they will close shop soon based ontheir sales... 

• Praise 2

same means as bad as lah... :XD:

BTW heard from a SC most of it sold to another car company for leasing/rental.

They manager claim that resale is same as VW as they familiy.

SAME MY ASS!!!!

Better stick to manual especially conti. Forget about DSG, EDC, Sillyspeed, Not so easy chronic, CVT...

You should be glad they did bring in manual.

Think they wanna follow opel route with the new overtrade that time when i went to see the Leon they were quoting me 107k... Dunno if they will bring in the petrol variant of the 1.2 TSI Toledo... Test drove the diesel models it is very spacious but i don't like the diesel droning sound plus there is a a 1.2 TSI manual Toledo but i am tired of driving manual as my past 2 cars were manual...

Think they will close shop soon based ontheir sales... 

Just did my first 5k servicing with SEAT. Basically, the 5k servicing does not include oil change & filter, only inspection and top-up of Adblue. Adblue is a free topup for first 5litres, and subsequent amount will be chargeable. I felt being ripped off, cos my current adblue levels is only for 7,000km, and i'm not due back for servicing for another 10,000km. Plus, isn't Adblue a cheap fluid?

For a normal inspection, it takes 2hrs. I requested for an oil change, in which i was charged at $200+, which i felt was about there, if i compare it with other AD out there. That took another 30mins, and they need another 30mins for a free car wash + vacuum.

The service advisor that attended to me, was quite pleasant. The service centre has little space for customers to hang around, no free wifi available either. While I understand they service Chery and other brands as well, they used the same sticker (on windscreen) for my next servicing.

In all, I think they need to up their game if they want to be on the same level as the bigger ADs around.

Edited by Hyper_rev
  • Praise 4

AdBlue may be cheap and easily available in other countries like EU, not sure Singapore. Didn't see gas stations selling them.

AdBlue may be cheap, but it is a bitch to fill up. So, take that into consideration when totting up your servicing bill at ADs. Typically ADs will charge $88 service fee for each item replaced on top of the part cost, no matter how simple a task is. Yes, so that means, if they replace air filter and add blue for you, it's $((88+$25)+(88+$blue)) x 1.07 being tax to help the poors.

Edited by Kangadrool

It's about there for the most conti ADs though the filter can actually cost less than Japanese makes.

200+ just for oil change and filter?!

Just did my first 5k servicing with SEAT. Basically, the 5k servicing does not include oil change & filter, only inspection and top-up of Adblue. Adblue is a free topup for first 5litres, and subsequent amount will be chargeable. I felt being ripped off, cos my current adblue levels is only for 7,000km, and i'm not due back for servicing for another 10,000km. Plus, isn't Adblue a cheap fluid?

For a normal inspection, it takes 2hrs. I requested for an oil change, in which i was charged at $200+, which i felt was about there, if i compare it with other AD out there. That took another 30mins, and they need another 30mins for a free car wash + vacuum.

The service advisor that attended to me, was quite pleasant. The service centre has little space for customers to hang around, no free wifi available either. While I understand they service Chery and other brands as well, they used the same sticker (on windscreen) for my next servicing.

In all, I think they need to up their game if they want to be on the same level as the bigger ADs around.

So Seat does include free oil change and filter but at a later mileage correct?

If you need simple in-between oil change places like Autobac below $200. Don't need AD for that.

Oil change for $200+ is ridiculous IMO. Outside only $100 or less.

For AD servicing it should be free. Total rip off. Very poor.

Edited by Benarsenal

It's about there for the most conti ADs though the filter can actually cost less than Japanese makes.

Not true, Hyundai also charge 200 for the oil change package. It's the standard AD pricing IMO.

So Seat does include free oil change and filter but at a later mileage correct?

If you need simple in-between oil change places like Autobac below $200. Don't need AD for that.

I was told they will include the oil change and filter for free on my 15k servicing, but I'll see if that really happens when i go back later.

I agree, i could have done it at other workshops, and could be cheaper, but i was thinking why not try them once, see the cost and get to keep my warranty intact.

↡ Advertisement