Seat makes a comeback to Singapore!

Fcw75

Their booth at the Car Expo was relatively empty (late Sat noon) despite the good prices.....

Hmmm...

Their Leons are sold out in the show.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just bought a new SEAT Leon ST 2017~ Hopefully all is good. Will review when collected car . Anyways didn’t know the servicing don’t include oil Change and oil filter :(

Just did my first 5k servicing with SEAT. Basically, the 5k servicing does not include oil change & filter, only inspection and top-up of Adblue. Adblue is a free topup for first 5litres, and subsequent amount will be chargeable. I felt being ripped off, cos my current adblue levels is only for 7,000km, and i'm not due back for servicing for another 10,000km. Plus, isn't Adblue a cheap fluid?

For a normal inspection, it takes 2hrs. I requested for an oil change, in which i was charged at $200+, which i felt was about there, if i compare it with other AD out there. That took another 30mins, and they need another 30mins for a free car wash + vacuum.

The service advisor that attended to me, was quite pleasant. The service centre has little space for customers to hang around, no free wifi available either. While I understand they service Chery and other brands as well, they used the same sticker (on windscreen) for my next servicing.

In all, I think they need to up their game if they want to be on the same level as the bigger ADs around.

Didn’t know they don’t include oil change and filter for the 5k .. how about 15 , 30k? What are the cost you invited? I got a SEAT too~ thanks
  • Praise 1

Just bought a new SEAT Leon ST 2017~ Hopefully all is good. Will review when collected car . Anyways didn’t know the servicing don’t include oil Change and oil filter :(

Didn’t know they don’t include oil change and filter for the 5k .. how about 15 , 30k? What are the cost you invited? I got a SEAT too~ thanks

Congrats on your purchase. I saw the Leon on the road, and it looks pretty with the DRL and the rear lights. Yours have Apple Carplay included? 

For the first 5k, they claim it is mostly visual inspection, which is different from the jap makes i used to have. I requested for the oil change anyway, so i got charged.

I did my 15k 2 months back, wasn't charged a cent. They did the oil change, oil filter change, and top up my adblue. Mine's a diesel btw. Currently at 21k, the car has been running mine, with one small issue, but nothing major. My last free servicing is at the 30k mark, and the last time, i did glance thru their pricelist for their servicing package, quite reasonable from first impression.

I'm thinking of doing an oil change at the 22-23k mark, but i'm not sure who has the correct EO for this diesel engine (specs says VW507), other than Vertex. - Anyone has recommendations?

I saw the Leon on the road. Yours have Apple Carplay included? 

Congrats on your purchase. I saw the Leon on the road, and it looks pretty with the DRL and the rear lights. Yours have Apple Carplay included?

For the first 5k, they claim it is mostly visual inspection, which is different from the jap makes i used to have. I requested for the oil change anyway, so i got charged.

I did my 15k 2 months back, wasn't charged a cent. They did the oil change, oil filter change, and top up my adblue. Mine's a diesel btw. Currently at 21k, the car has been running mine, with one small issue, but nothing major. My last free servicing is at the 30k mark, and the last time, i did glance thru their pricelist for their servicing package, quite reasonable from first impression.

I'm thinking of doing an oil change at the 22-23k mark, but i'm not sure who has the correct EO for this diesel engine (specs says VW507), other than Vertex. - Anyone has recommendations?

Thanks bro, what’s the minor problem you have? Yeah I saw yours was a diesel when I saw you said Ashley.. you are driving the Toledo? Heard the fuel comsuption is pretty impressive... hope the drive is good too :) . Japanese makes I had will do the first servicing ... hmm.. disappointed why they only do visual inspection for the first..

yes mines have Full Link (Apply CarPlay, Android auto & one more I forgotten what’s it’s called) ,wireless charging etc.. hopefully gonna have fun trying out. The speakers pretty good on the Test drive unit , but only managed to test the New Leon because Leon ST is new only reach SG.

Ah, hope the service is as good as the prices then haha.

• Praise 1

Thanks bro, what’s the minor problem you have? Yeah I saw yours was a diesel when I saw you said Ashley.. you are driving the Toledo? Heard the fuel comsuption is pretty impressive... hope the drive is good too :) . Japanese makes I had will do the first servicing ... hmm.. disappointed why they only do visual inspection for the first..

yes mines have Full Link (Apply CarPlay, Android auto & one more I forgotten what’s it’s called) ,wireless charging etc.. hopefully gonna have fun trying out. The speakers pretty good on the Test drive unit , but only managed to test the New Leon because Leon ST is new only reach SG.

FYI, Komoco also visual inspection at 5k for Hyundai cars.

• Praise 3

I got the Alhambra, fitted my bill of having a diesel 7-seater, so far i'm quite happy with the drive. I had an issue with the sliding door, where only the one side occasionally opens mid-way and stuck there, its not often, happens like 1 out of every 10 times i open it. Feedback during my 15k servicing, but i was told they couldn't find the fault and it did not register in any of the error code. I'm trying to capture the moment on video and show it to them.

I did install a rear view cam (original from SEAT) to the Alhambra (this car doesn't come with one), and during installation, the installer showed me an error code (not sure what was it, nothing major cos the CEL did not light up) when he was using the VAGCOM. So far, nobody highlighted this to me, and i'm thinking of buying a VAGCOM and see if the error code still persists.

Recently I did enquire the price for the Alhambra for a friend who was interested after viewing mine. Sadly, price was still up there, free servicing still at 3 times but warranty up to 5yrs (or 150k) now. My friend ended up with the Odyssey for the additional free servicing and unlimited mileage thrown in, not to mention at a lower price range. Of cos one can argue the drive will be different and so on, but point is, perhaps they would want to rethink their sales strategy for their cars if they want to do well.

Service side definitely lacking, but anyway the drive does make up for it. For servicing, i know Honda, Nissan & Subaru does provide free oil change 1k, 10k. Anyway, i'm passed the 5k and 15k mark already, and headed to my last free servicing :(

• Praise 3

Hi Hyer,

Congrats on your confidence level to purchase this branding.

Hope you have a good ride all the way.

I am keen but no support from the family members.

• Praise 1

Hi Hyer,

Congrats on your confidence level to purchase this branding.

Hope you have a good ride all the way.

I am keen but no support from the family members.

Hi Colin03,

Perhaps look at whatever fits your lifestyle when it comes to buying a car. The Alhambra fits my bill: sits 7, people can go in the 3rd row comfortably, diesel option + turbo (this won me over) and a functional interior. I heard they are bringing in the petrol version, so if i were to buy one again, i probably will not choose it.

Warranty is a very subjective topic. Based on my past experience, most service will first blame it on wear and tear, until i decided screw the warranty and do it my way. Most workshops which service VW will be able to handle this SEAT car for any 'internal' issues.

Luckily my other half is ok with this car. Her only wish was not to buy the Alphard (which was my top choice before this). Very important to get CO approval. A wise man once told me - Happy Wife Happy Life!

• Praise 1

Ahh nice :) Something must be wrong oh my, there must be some coding issue to such..

rear view cam is the reverse camera or in car recorder? My SA give me a 2 channel front and back cam.. worth $200+ but online reviews seems good ..

yes SEAT needs to back up with unlimited warranty for mileage and more servicing if they want to succeed in SG.. Anyways wow the Honda Odyssey is cheaper than the Alhambra?

Glad to know the drive is good haha.. SEAT is good I heard but not the AD (Vertex) .. haha nice I’m hoping the ride is good for years and beyond.. Future servicing can be done by workshops that does VW anyways haha

Sad COE increases so much so my bid did not succeed .. oh well hope the next when will get as my current ride needs to go for inspection, Renew Road tax & insurance in DEC.. literally paying for them and trouble for myself .. fingers crossed*

• Praise 1

Ahh nice :) Something must be wrong oh my, there must be some coding issue to such..

rear view cam is the reverse camera or in car recorder? My SA give me a 2 channel front and back cam.. worth $200+ but online reviews seems good ..

yes SEAT needs to back up with unlimited warranty for mileage and more servicing if they want to succeed in SG.. Anyways wow the Honda Odyssey is cheaper than the Alhambra?

Glad to know the drive is good haha.. SEAT is good I heard but not the AD (Vertex) .. haha nice I’m hoping the ride is good for years and beyond.. Future servicing can be done by workshops that does VW anyways haha

Sad COE increases so much so my bid did not succeed .. oh well hope the next when will get as my current ride needs to go for inspection, Renew Road tax & insurance in DEC.. literally paying for them and trouble for myself .. fingers crossed*

When i got my car, it was just the car without the add-on cos of their ‘special’ price at that time. At least till date, whenever i check the price of the car, it was never near the price i paid for, so all is well. I only included the video cam (iroad 2CH) cos if i do it outside, i worry may void the warranty. Did my own film, and also installed the reverse cam (weird that an MPV does not include reverse cam - almost all other brand/model has it).

I was also at the same dilemma as you. I signed the deal in Dec, 4 bids g’teed. Mid Dec bid... lost by 1k, both Jan bids were also lost, and in the end, i only got the car mid Feb, which is a bummer, cos the my other car has to renew road tax and insurance by end Jan. Was very disappointed with that, but i also figured they have to maintain their profit margin. Hopefully your case will have a happy ending.

It will be interesting to see how VCS sell the Skoda lineup. Vertex need to relook how they market SEAT, else really can take a back seat Liao.

• Praise 1

Once VCS takes over Skoda dealership, SEAT must drop price already! ðð¼

As it is today, the SEAT and VW model ranges are at near price-parity ...

Leon 1.0 = Golf 1.0 price, or thereabouts

Leon Cupra 2.0 = Golf GTI 2.0 price, or thereabouts

I would think that Skoda sold by VCS would be priced slightly below their respective VW model-equivalent!

But ... I still dread the dry 7-DSG of the TSI models ðð¼

ððð

There is a problematic part in that gearbox n it’s likely nothing to do with ‘dry’
  • Praise 1

Yeah.. I foresee I am looking to only get the car next year in Jan already.. since if I renew the road tax and inspection done it will be better for them.. but their Value is also dropping.. I’m fading in my car and the longer they hold on my car the price is still fixed. I foresee they will have to adjust the price when Skoda comes in .. which I just hope they are able to hold on though out.. of they closes