Lancer Ex 1.6

Neo

Supersonic

Bro some slight correction.

1.6EX is the one that is running on 11:1 compression whereas 1.5EX should be on 10.5:1

The minimum requirement for 1.6l will be 95RON

If you are interested to meet up with fellow EX drivers (1.5/1.6/2.0) do PM me :P

Thanks bro!  I am oni a kaypoh Jazz GK owner  [grin] 

But like to chat about BnB cars.  Btw is the 1.6 EX, multipoint injection or direct injection?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1st Gear

But like to chat about BnB cars.  Btw is the 1.6 EX, multipoint injection or direct injection?

Erm this I dont know liao le hahahaha :D

Supersonic

Orlando is definitely worst.. my colleague driving it.. don't know is because still running in or really so jialat.. he getting 7km/l now only.. it's 1.4l yet the turbo seems drink... but his still running in.. must ask those old birdie of Orlando then can know real live figure

7km/L, thats 50% disc from the official rating on combine cycle!!.

The orlando is a 1.6 tonner?  If so, it could be the weight.  read that small TC engine pulling large heavy bodies usually fair poorly in FC in real world conditions.

(edited)

if want better fc probably u all should try thinner quality oil like viscosity 20 to 30 since is a modern engine can just use viscosity 20 as stated in the car manual.

Edited by Ivanpaseo

I heard for lancer EX, you can actually do your servicing/ repair in Johor as they have authorise Mitsubishi workshop there, something abt proton bought over the Lancer model.

Anyone bros go in to service to save cost?

anyone can service in Johor? Will it void warranty ?>

• Praise 2

Our Lancer E.X are all electronic controlled multipoint injection.

if want better fc probably u all should try thinner quality oil like viscosity 20 to 30 since is a modern engine can just use viscosity 20 as stated in the car manual.

Even my old lau pok car i use 30 till now. Just bring yr own engine oil during yr next servicing.

I'm using Mobil.

• Praise 2

Guys,

Mine is doing at least 14km/L. Started with RON 98 for 1 or 2 tanks after collect car, switched to RON 95 till now for 5 months.

But I would say I do more highway driving den city. Mostly to and fro work on TPE. Always clocked >660km till the last bar and pump usually 46-47L.. Never did more den 2.5krpm when picking up. Kinda slow though. Max 2.5krpm when doing 90km/h at highway, but the traffic nowadays during peak hours do not even allow u to cruise at 90km/h lol.

Cheers.

I'm driving a 6 years+ Lancer EX GT (M).

Heavy car... FC about 10.5km/l to about 11km/l... Mostly expressway driving... Alternate between RON 95 and 98.

For sharing, if you guys need some info for comparison.

• Praise 2

I heard for lancer EX, you can actually do your servicing/ repair in Johor as they have authorise Mitsubishi workshop there, something abt proton bought over the Lancer model.

Anyone bros go in to service to save cost?

Make sure they don't swap whatever MIJ parts they can take from your car with MIM ones.

Make sure they don't swap whatever MIJ parts they can take from your car with MIM ones.

LOL... just want to know any bros here done it before, this is a special case whereby only applicable to Lancer as the Malaysia Proton had bought over this model and thus the parts can be shared between Proton Lancer and Mitshubishi Lancer.

(edited)

9-10kmlitre is seriously bad for a jap bnb sedan.

How to tahan? Even Chevrolet Orlando can do better

Go petrol kiosk super sian.

Mazda 3 does 15kmlitre

I have been driving my 1.6l lancer ex for about a year - same model only without the daytime light. You might want to try caltex petrol at ron95 grade. It gave me the best fuel economy among the lot. Compared to spc/esso (tried both ron95 and 98) where I avg 6.8 - 7km/l for city driving, I get about 7.8km-8.2km/l. For expressway driving, no difference between the lot. Averaging about 13.2 - 15km/l depending on the distance. Edited by Big_D
  • Praise 1

(edited)

LOL... just want to know any bros here done it before, this is a special case whereby only applicable to Lancer as the Malaysia Proton had bought over this model and thus the parts can be shared between Proton Lancer and Mitshubishi Lancer.

Don't bother. C&C is famous for not allowing you to bring shell eo even though they use shell eo as well. (I might be wrong... But searching around Google does reveal this accusation quite frequently)

I have checked with my malaysia colleagues, and there are indeed differences such as model of engine(they are using the older kind of 1.8L engine compared to ours which are EU spec - main reason is the euro4 requirement for our cars) and they are using cvvt gearboxes compared to our 4speed gearbox. Proton did some modifications under the hood as well to reduce overheating of the gearbox.

Edited by Big_D

Thanks Jay..

I am now on the Lancer GLX, in the past also 1, 5, 10 k servicing.. So yes it is strange from 1k to 10 k.

Will have a closer look at it then see how. [cool]

I do not drive a ex 1.6 now but used to drive a GT in the past. Most new cars nowadays used synthetic right after 1k. Apparently they claimed new cars nowadays eng actually has already run in.
  • Praise 1

Guys,

Mine is doing at least 14km/L. Started with RON 98 for 1 or 2 tanks after collect car, switched to RON 95 till now for 5 months.

But I would say I do more highway driving den city. Mostly to and fro work on TPE. Always clocked >660km till the last bar and pump usually 46-47L.. Never did more den 2.5krpm when picking up. Kinda slow though. Max 2.5krpm when doing 90km/h at highway, but the traffic nowadays during peak hours do not even allow u to cruise at 90km/h lol.

Cheers.

Today do mostly expressway with smooth traffic. . Manage to clock 14km/l also.. but normal working day with 50/50 driving only about 10km/l.. but it's seem better mileage when you rev it.. lolx

post-61057-0-07313600-1463318227_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

Today do mostly expressway with smooth traffic. . Manage to clock 14km/l also.. but normal working day with 50/50 driving only about 10km/l.. but it's seem better mileage when you rev it.. lolx

Bro, if u are only looking at the display, ur 14.3km/l buay zun one lea. That only displays the current ride avg FC, Mine got 6km/l when morning peak hour jam lor. Lol

It resets after 4 hours of non driving if u park ur car more den 4 hours.

The correct FC calculation is to divide ur total mileage traveled per tank (e.g. 660km) by the amount of petrol u top up (e.g. 44L), in this example gives 14.0km/l. Do this for 3 tanks and total them up and divide by 3.

Any bros here can enlighten me on how to use the USB port to listen to mp3 via the entertainment system?

I can't seem to get it to detect my USB thumbdrive... LOL!

1st Gear

Any bros here can enlighten me on how to use the USB port to listen to mp3 via the entertainment system?

I can't seem to get it to detect my USB thumbdrive... LOL!

Should be just plug and play.

Maybe you try another thumbdrive?

1st Gear

Anyone driving a lancer wishes to meet up mah?

Having a meetup this Friday with fellow lancer owner.

Interested pls pm me

↡ Advertisement