Lancer Ex 1.6

Neo

Turbocharged

Mitsubishi are known for FC issue. With 4 speed auto, it will strain the engine a bit plus not so efficient engine, it will cause more fuel to be burnt for same distance travel.

4speed auto does not mean its not economical. The Vios is also 4speed auto but is economical

• Praise 3

been driving the EX for a year plus now.. FC sucks.. any bro got feel vibrations when the car is stationary?? mine will... and SE told me they cannot find the root of the problem!!!

Should be engine mounting, went to outside

workshop, replaced it. Since then i no longer have such problem.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Should be engine mounting, went to outside

workshop, replaced it. Since then i no longer have such problem.

can recommend the workshop that you went??

4speed auto does not mean its not economical. The Vios is also 4speed auto but is economical

I'm not saying it is not economical. I'm saying it is straining the engine. Vios is 4 speed auto, that's true. however, not just gearbox that contribute to bad FC. It could be engine, or to be more anal, aerodynamic also affect.

Driving Lancer Ex also, collected in Mar 2016. I got 6L/100km, lowest was 5.8L/km. Usually drive from Tampines to Tiong Bahru via ECP.

Let me figure out how to post a picture ah...

Sorry if I did it wrongly. First time in forums. Hahaha.

20160813_230612.jpg

Edit: Picture taken by wife while driving, cause we were trying to see how low it could go.

Edited by Shahshiminator
  • Praise 1

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and interested in getting a new car. Had test drive the lancer ex 1.6 and quite like it, prices, interior and everything is ok for me (expect the handbrake which is quite an eyesore). However I will like to hear your feedbacks on this car. FC is a problem for some, this i know lol.

• Praise 1

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and interested in getting a new car. Had test drive the lancer ex 1.6 and quite like it, prices, interior and everything is ok for me (expect the handbrake which is quite an eyesore). However I will like to hear your feedbacks on this car. FC is a problem for some, this i know lol.

I'm driving the 2015 model, but I believe that it is similar to what you are looking at now, minus the Day-time-Running Lights.

Fuel economy is pretty average, and comparable to most other competitors. I averagely get about 14-15km/l on Expressway Driving, and round about 6.8-8km/l on normal street driving.  I believe that this is comparable to other 1.6L cars, which might not be armed with start-stop technology. 

After driving slightly more than a year on this car, this is my feedback on the car (Previous car was a 2005 Altis):

1. Spacious, but back seats feels a little too soft to my liking.
  2. Very good turning radius (You will appreciate this in tight multi-story cp).
  3. When climbing up slopes, you might press a little more, but it kicks down by two gears some times. Unlike like my older car, when it is not so responsive.
  4. Then, it was cheaper than competitors by about 10k. This was the main selling point.
  5. Very cheap servicing, when compared to other ADs.
  6. A little noisy (Engine Noise) when compared to my older car (Then again, the tyres are given by C&C contributes a fair bit to the noise). But, noise insulation is generally quite good.
  7. Very stable, and the doors feels good when you close them. 
  8. This car does not appreciate 98 fuel at all. It gives you the worst fuel economy (For me at least) when I pump it with 98 - Always makes me think twice before I pump 98. Just to take note that like most modern cars, this car will require at least 95 for fuel. 
Edited by Big_D
  • Praise 2

Wow thanks for the feedback, the price is still a good catch now imho(around 96k) + 1 year free servicing.

Guess I'll need to get use to the slope part, but should be better than my current manual gear old Nissan sunny. :)

• Praise 1

can recommend the workshop that you went??

I used to have heavy vibrations as well initially when idle, and when above 80km/h. After the 20k servicing, and switching to caltex/esso 95 fuel. Things got much better.

Before which, I was using 98 spc. My feeling for this car is that this car reacts much better to caltex 95/98 fuel. Probably because of the much higher engine compression ratio compared to other vehicles.

Just collected lancer ex 1.6. Theres no red blinking light coming out beside the hazard switch.. so means no alarm? Is it normal? Anyone experience this before?

The car does not comes with alarm, only immobiliser. Yes the light dun blink unlike those in other countries. Some countries had it to blink to show car in arm mode, others having it as a passenger airbag/seatbelt not buckled warning light.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I'm driving the 2015 model, but I believe that it is similar to what you are looking at now, minus the Day-time-Running Lights.

Fuel economy is pretty average, and comparable to most other competitors. I averagely get about 14-15km/l on Expressway Driving, and round about 6.8-8km/l on normal street driving.  I believe that this is comparable to other 1.6L cars, which might not be armed with start-stop technology.

This car does not appreciate 98 fuel at all. It gives you the worst fuel economy (For me at least) when I pump it with 98 - Always makes me think twice before I pump 98. Just to take note that like most modern cars, this car will require at least 95 for fuel. 

Other 1.6L nowadays do around 10 in city and 18 on highway I think with averages of 12 or so. Your stated consumption is comparable more to a 2.0L turbo...

• Praise 1

Other 1.6L nowadays do around 10 in city and 18 on highway I think with averages of 12 or so. Your stated consumption is comparable more to a 2.0L turbo...

This car 1.6L is a 10yrs old technology, what to expect?

Turbocharged

This car 1.6L is a 10yrs old technology, what to expect?

Exactly.

But it seems like he's comparing it to other 1.6L of today. Hard to tell.

↡ Advertisement