Lancer Ex 1.6

Neo

Last week, I bring my lancer ex to port dickson.. realise the fuel consumption not so good at travelling nsh but it was stable.. I managed to get about 12 to 13 km/l with constant 130km/h... the rev was quite high at 3.5krpm due to 4 speed gearbox... the best mileage was at 90km/h... quite different characteristics from my pervious mazda 6 sp.... same driving pattern in nsh.. but my pervious mazda 6 manage to achieve 15km/l desire bigger engine capacity.. think the 5 speed of my old mazda also makes a different... nevertheless... I don't always go Malaysia... so lancer is good enough.. can prevent speeding also

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

If it seems like it is old technology, it is. The current Lancer EX is only a visual facelift with the fashionable LED daytime running lights and a new grille which I think lacks the snub-nose charm of the original design.

Also I believe it's using a CVT now?

It may have "less things to spoil" but with a newer model that has new features, you have things to enjoy when they are working, no?

But if you are looking for a bare basics vehicle that has been proven and has the price of a subcompact, the Lancer EX is probably it.

But there's no real indication that more modern vehicles have more maintenance involved.

You'll still need oil changes, air filters, new batteries, etc. even with a Lancer EX.

Heard from a friend his car electric seat stopped working. Ask for a quote in a workshop cost close to $500 for change seat motor n board with labour. He said no need liao.

Do it manually better...

Considered that my lancer deprecation is ard 8k per year.. where to find in today market... even altis renew coe car also need 8k depreciation.. might as well get a new car ..lancer ex.. no matter what.. technology wise still more advanced than a 10 yrs old altis

Considered that my lancer deprecation is ard 8k per year.. where to find in today market... even altis renew coe car also need 8k depreciation.. might as well get a new car ..lancer ex.. no matter what.. technology wise still more advanced than a 10 yrs old altis

Lancer EX was launched in 2008, so the engine is still newer than those renewed COE Altis registered in 2005/2006 using the 3NZ-FE engine first found in the year 2000 Corolla.

If it seems like it is old technology, it is. The current Lancer EX is only a visual facelift with the fashionable LED daytime running lights and a new grille which I think lacks the snub-nose charm of the original design.

Also I believe it's using a CVT now?

It may have "less things to spoil" but with a newer model that has new features, you have things to enjoy when they are working, no?

But if you are looking for a bare basics vehicle that has been proven and has the price of a subcompact, the Lancer EX is probably it.

But there's no real indication that more modern vehicles have more maintenance involved.

You'll still need oil changes, air filters, new batteries, etc. even with a Lancer EX.

The Lancer EX (new) and old, both uses 4AT not CVT. :)

Heard from a friend his car electric seat stopped working. Ask for a quote in a workshop cost close to $500 for change seat motor n board with labour. He said no need liao.

Do it manually better...

Electric car seat spoilt can still move the seat manually?

The Lancer EX (new) and old, both uses 4AT not CVT. :)

A good thing in my opinion, with the relatively slow speeds we have here plus the rock solid reliability 

I'm driving the 2015 model, but I believe that it is similar to what you are looking at now, minus the Day-time-Running Lights.

Fuel economy is pretty average, and comparable to most other competitors. I averagely get about 14-15km/l on Expressway Driving, and round about 6.8-8km/l on normal street driving.  I believe that this is comparable to other 1.6L cars, which might not be armed with start-stop technology. 

After driving slightly more than a year on this car, this is my feedback on the car (Previous car was a 2005 Altis):

1. Spacious, but back seats feels a little too soft to my liking.
  2. Very good turning radius (You will appreciate this in tight multi-story cp).
  3. When climbing up slopes, you might press a little more, but it kicks down by two gears some times. Unlike like my older car, when it is not so responsive.
  4. Then, it was cheaper than competitors by about 10k. This was the main selling point.
  5. Very cheap servicing, when compared to other ADs.
  6. A little noisy (Engine Noise) when compared to my older car (Then again, the tyres are given by C&C contributes a fair bit to the noise). But, noise insulation is generally quite good.
  7. Very stable, and the doors feels good when you close them. 
  8. This car does not appreciate 98 fuel at all. It gives you the worst fuel economy (For me at least) when I pump it with 98 - Always makes me think twice before I pump 98. Just to take note that like most modern cars, this car will require at least 95 for fuel. 

I shares same sentiment with you after driving 7 months. :a-happy:  

It gave me more comfort/confidence when crusing in North when compare to 04 & 06 Altis. [drivingcar]

It was my pocket sourcing for ride rather than my eyes/ears. [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

There is a proton inspira that looks exactly the same as lancer, it's a collaboration between Mitsubishi and proton. For me, i think unless you have valuables inside, lancer will not be 'aim'.

• Praise 1

There is a proton inspira that looks exactly the same as lancer, it's a collaboration between Mitsubishi and proton. For me, i think unless you have valuables inside, lancer will not be 'aim'.

To supplement above,

Click below link to understands further... [wave]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton_Inspira

http://mitsubishi-motors.com.my/lancer-gte#gallery

Ours is a tiny engine compared to North.

Do not expose your items, even empty recycle bags inside in the cabin.

• Praise 1

Lancer EX is now going at $87,999.... at one of its lowest level.

Value for money for a made-in-Japan ride, unlike its Thai assembled competitors.

Only setback is its 4 speed auto, which can be an advantage, depends on how you look  at it. Cheaper to maintain and repair if it goes kaput.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=10464

• Praise 2

Lancer EX is now going at $87,999.... at one of its lowest level.

Value for money for a made-in-Japan ride, unlike its Thai assembled competitors.

Only setback is its 4 speed auto, which can be an advantage, depends on how you look  at it. Cheaper to maintain and repair if it goes kaput.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=10464

Lancer even cheaper than korean cars? At this pricing think should be non guaranteed coe package la, maybe high chance cannot get car de.

• Praise 1

Actually the most $$ for value is the Attrage for $77K drive until song song for 10 years .

Next is the ASX all time low of $106K.

Let me choose again i take the ASX.

↡ Advertisement