Mitsubishi Falsify Fuel Economy Tests

TangoElite

Wha another scandal so soon after VW dieselgate.

Never expected Japs to also resort to this, CEO to hara kiri?? [smash]

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 6

Wah lau. My lancer EX affected or not?

Been driving it for almost 9 years. Can I claim them for fuel?

Supersonic

Digress.  How Jap is Nissan now?  43.x% owned by Renault & the same angmo CEO overseeing both Renault & Nissan.

Nissan on the other hand only owns 15% Renault shares & has no voting power.  

• Praise 3

who else does mitsubishi make cars for? Hmmm 

In Japan all the carmakers make cars for each other. Like one big brotherhood partnership.

Wah lau. My lancer EX affected or not?

Been driving it for almost 9 years. Can I claim them for fuel?

I think affected cars only JDM models (looks like so far).

I also driving Lancer. Aiya live and let live lah.  [:p]

• Praise 1

I am not at all surprised. In fact I suspected long time ago it is so, especially small cap cars with boxy shapes and on auto tranny. These three factors just make terrible efficiency.

Edited by Kangadrool

Aiya, we should all know that manufacturer claimed fuel consumption figures are not really achievable in the real world. The figures are obtained in optimised conditions in laboratory.

For fuel economy, always remember the slogan, "Results may vary". There's so many factors that affect fuel consumption. 

This is peanuts compare to their earlier scandals...yes, scandalsssss.

Year 2000

Mitsubishi Motors admitted today that it had systematically concealed customer complaints about tens of thousands of defective automobiles since 1977.

The admission by Mitsubishi, Japan's No. 4 automaker, came a month after its top executive had denied accusations that it had covered up problems that included faulty fuel tanks, clutches, crankshafts and brakes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/08/23/business/mitsubishi-admits-to-broad-cover-up-of-auto-defects.html

Year 2004

Their bus & truck division, FUSO.

Mitsubishi Fuso Bus & Truck Corp. became embroiled in another defect-coverup scandal Thursday.

The automaker said design flaws in parts for its large vehicles had been systematically concealed instead of subjected to recalls, resulting in a series of accidents, one of them fatal.

The coverups were carried out between 1996 and 2000, when Mitsubishi Fuso, as it is now known, was the truck and bus division of Mitsubishi Motors Corp., company officials said.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2004/05/21/national/fresh-coverup-scandal-rocks-mitsubishi-fuso/#.VxgjAEdWrRg

Falsifying fuel economy tests. I think they are not the only car maker what did this.