Fire on Jurong Island Oil Tank

Boringchap

The footage is very scary.  Look at the intensity of the fire.

I know some people working on Jurong Island.  I hope they are ok.  Media reports that it may have been caused by a lightning strike.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

The footage is very scary.  Look at the intensity of the fire.

I know some people working on Jurong Island.  I hope they are ok.  Media reports that it may have been caused by a lightning strike.

from SCDF's fb

[Fire Update]

The oil tank fire at 23 Tembusu Road was extinguished at 7.45pm.

It has been a prolonged 5-hour operation involving approximately 150 SCDF personnel battling the raging inferno.

SCDF surrounded and contained the fire with a large 6000 GPM foam monitor and several ground monitors. This operation was a race against time in view of the tank that has buckled and on the need to prevent the intense fire from spreading to its immediate surroundings.

https://www.facebook.com/SCDFpage/posts/10153398991825583

• Praise 3

kudos to SCDF in their readiness to fight this fire.

I watched another clip.....whoa! the amount of foam required shows preparedness.

• Praise 4

don't quote me.

minimal injuries.

1 heat exhaustion evacuated to NUH.

1 heat exhaustion treated onsite and discharged.

No fatalities.

Good job to SCDF boys (and girls) for putting it out quickly before it spread further afield.

• Praise 1

I wonder what caused it as it was raining yesterday. Ppl on the ground are suggesting lightning strike the oil tank during the thunderstorm.

No wonder I thought I heard one abnormal thunder strike. I think it's the sound of the explosion. I was at the south part of Singapore at that time.

• Praise 1

Luckily no one seriously injured ...

Kudos to our SCDF ppl who braved the immense heat to put down the fire and prevent it from spreading to nearby tanks :)

Now, is to learn from this and prevent similar fire from happening again .. especially in Jurong Island ...

the consequences just too huge ...

• Praise 2

Luckily no one seriously injured ...

Kudos to our SCDF ppl who braved the immense heat to put down the fire and prevent it from spreading to nearby tanks :)

Now, is to learn from this and prevent similar fire from happening again .. especially in Jurong Island ...

the consequences just too huge ...

That's why some idiots Stomper likes to take pictures of SCDF 'Rino' and Ambulance personnel in full uniform parking in un-authorise parking area to buy food.  :nosepick:

For me, give them the leeways lar cos they can be activated at any moment, any seconds and they could not have time to eat the food they brought but need to save other peoples life...    :=B:

• Praise 6

heard it was caused by lighting... Really unbelievable. The kind of asset on the island both in terms of value and danger, I thot it should be the safest place from lighting strike

Of all the potential fire starters, lighting should be the least likely in my view

• Praise 1

heard it was caused by lighting... Really unbelievable. The kind of asset on the island both in terms of value and danger, I thot it should be the safest place from lighting strike

Of all the potential fire starters, lighting should be the least likely in my view

I also thought so.... no protection from lightning meh?

Or no $$$ to install?

Heard this tank belongs to Jurong Aromatics which is in receivership (they only in business for like 1 month  [dizzy] )then bankrupt already.

• Praise 1

insurer who ah? :grin:

That's why some idiots Stomper likes to take pictures of SCDF 'Rino' and Ambulance personnel in full uniform parking in un-authorise parking area to buy food.  :nosepick:

For me, give them the leeways lar cos they can be activated at any moment, any seconds and they could not have time to eat the food they brought but need to save other peoples life...    :=B:

chee bye lang a lot one [shakehead]

In the very end, it is the SCDF who come to their rescue when they needed them, nothing but praises for the SCDF guys! [thumbsup]

I also thought so.... no protection from lightning meh?

Or no $$$ to install?

Heard this tank belongs to Jurong Aromatics which is in receivership (they only in business for like 1 month [dizzy] )then bankrupt already.

..... At the same time Singapore is infamously well known for the highest number of lightning strikes compared to many other countries

No wonder I saw many fire engines rushing towards Tuas direction yesterday.

Fierce sia the fire.

I saw a chain of Fire engines, SCDF trucks, Hasmat Vehicles screaming down along Jalan Bahar and Jalan Boon Lay ... :wut:

Must be from SCDF Academy cos use to pass by there and can see a lot of fire engines and trucks parking inside there. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement