Valenica FC

tenyawph

After Valencia coach Pako Ayestaran took over from Gary Neville at the end of last month, Valencia is back on their winning days, winning 3 consecutive league games, and propelling them to the top 8 on the La Liga table. 

What a reversal of fortune! If Valencia can continue on this form, I don't see why Valencia should not deserve the top 4 spots in the next season of La Liga.   

So what can we learn from here?  It is important that a Spanish coach be in charge of a Spanish football club, so that there is no language or culture barrier.  

I wish Valencia all the best in the remaining matches!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

After Valencia coach Pako Ayestaran took over from Gary Neville at the end of last month, Valencia is back on their winning days, winning 3 consecutive league games, and propelling them to the top 8 on the La Liga table.

What a reversal of fortune! If Valencia can continue on this form, I don't see why Valencia should not deserve the top 4 spots in the next season of La Liga.

So what can we learn from here? It is important that a Spanish coach be in charge of a Spanish football club, so that there is no language or culture barrier.

I wish Valencia all the best in the remaining matches!

Obviously, there are advantages of a local coach taking charge in any league but I feel for Valencia's case it's quite clear Neville is too inexperienced to take charge. Don't know what Peter Lim saw in him. Not to say Neville will never make it but he needs to cut his teeth at smaller teams first n work his way up.

Similarly, I feel Man United will make a big mistake if they decide to put Giggs in charge, my 2 cents!

• Praise 9

Obviously, there are advantages of a local coach taking charge in any league but I feel for Valencia's case it's quite clear Neville is too inexperienced to take charge. Don't know what Peter Lim saw in him. Not to say Neville will never make it but he needs to cut his teeth at smaller teams first n work his way up.

Similarly, I feel Man United will make a big mistake if they decide to put Giggs in charge, my 2 cents!

Maybe ManU board of directors paid him to give Neville some OJT (on-job-training) .... :omg:

Cos no other English clubs wants him to be the assistant manager like LVG did with RG ... :XD:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 6

Some "kam cheng" decisions can lead to disastrous results. Think Peter Lim and Lay Hoon's popularity stocks hit rock bottom this season leow.

• Praise 3

Don't think it is solely Gary N fault that Valencia began to win after he left.

In football, luck and fortune play a big role together with perception and self doubts

His bro was at Valencia months before he got appointed and that was already a big advantage

The main problem was the language and the brand new environment in a league which he has never played in. 

Plus really bad luck in some matches

Look at everton, coach used to be hailed as brilliant just 2 years ago and now struggling.

The current situation in man u can also change very quickly if there is a new coach and just 2-3 new signings who can make an impact.

• Praise 12

Don't think it is solely Gary N fault that Valencia began to win after he left.

In football, luck and fortune play a big role together with perception and self doubts

His bro was at Valencia months before he got appointed and that was already a big advantage

The main problem was the language and the brand new environment in a league which he has never played in. 

Plus really bad luck in some matches

Look at everton, coach used to be hailed as brilliant just 2 years ago and now struggling.

The current situation in man u can also change very quickly if there is a new coach and just 2-3 new signings who can make an impact.

Fair enough maybe I'm being too harsh but frankly there were so many good fit coaches ahead of Neville so like bro @toothiewabbit say it's a kamcheng appointment!

GN also strange, of all place he choose to start his managerial career; he chose La Liga where language, culture barriers already set him on the back foot even before he started. Admittedly, Giggs won't have these kind of issues if he does takeover at OT being a player there etc but big teams need big and experienced Managers.

As for Martinez, he talks a good game and in fact I look forward when he's in the studios cos he articulates well and explains situations with insights but sad to say he's not a particularly good Manager. Abit like some of us here, me included, write like so clever but wait till we actually takeover [:p]

• Praise 7

Fair enough maybe I'm being too harsh but frankly there were so many good fit coaches ahead of Neville so like bro @toothiewabbit say it's a kamcheng appointment!

GN also strange, of all place he choose to start his managerial career; he chose La Liga where language, culture barriers already set him on the back foot even before he started. Admittedly, Giggs won't have these kind of issues if he does takeover at OT being a player there etc but big teams need big and experienced Managers.

As for Martinez, he talks a good game and in fact I look forward when he's in the studios cos he articulates well and explains situations with insights but sad to say he's not a particularly good Manager. Abit like some of us here, me included, write like so clever but wait till we actually takeover [:p]

Well, at least GN would be able to offer balanced views and not wack coaches so hard once he returns to TV punditry, based on his short-lived managerial experience....

• Praise 3

Well, at least GN would be able to offer balanced views and not wack coaches so hard once he returns to TV punditry, based on his short-lived managerial experience....

Haha ya bro! He can be particularly damning in his comments so this will definitely teach him a lesson that it's easy behind the mike and also keyboard but on the pitch it's a different story altogether. Humbling experience for him for sure!!

• Praise 5

For local fans of Valencia, Valencia's spanish fans enthusiastic welcome during Mr Peter Lim's arrival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pbZKJ4SsMI&ebc=ANyPxKpUV-aUsl0mf34iO_6rmh2e6OPyYPW45SkJqjHc8sbnhJD_62qB6Fw7JJpnOU6VrmjsDbU2TUwBGmOd9XnPBHoe4n0GJg

A shorter version below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5XU_CQvZJ0

• Praise 3

I personally feel the appointment of GN as the valencia head coach might be due to the Peter Lim. As the club owner, he might be more willing to hire GN despite the cultural and language barriers as he trust GN. 

But well, now's he's gone and its all down to the new coach to bring them up. Cheers

• Praise 1

Based on Valencia's current form, it should be a breeze for Valencia playing against Getafe this Sunday.  More goals, please.

• Praise 3

A little disappointed that Valencia only managed a draw with Getafe.  It could have been worse, if not for Paco's equaliser in the last 10 minutes of play.

Still, Valencia managed to hang on to its 8th position in the league table.

• Praise 3

Pundits are meant to be direct and speak their mind. Not much different from the arm chair viewer but having been in the game, obviously they are expected to offer valuable insights the ordinary fan will never have.

Being outspoken and controversial is part of their game. It makes watching them more interesting and certainty more entertaining unlike the bland ones that say the obvious like Michael Owen.

For those old enough to remember, Jimmy Greaves was the original ex footballer turned Pundit and the more he spoke his mind, the higher the interest !

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Valencia FC lost 0-2 vs Villarreal in the last match.

It is going to be interesting to see how Valencia fare against Real Madrid in the next match.  Sometimes, against a giant, Valencia rises to the occasion.  With Real Madrid and Barcelona fighting for top position, they are under pressure.  

• Praise 10

Hypersonic

Pundits are meant to be direct and speak their mind. Not much different from the arm chair viewer but having been in the game, obviously they are expected to offer valuable insights the ordinary fan will never have.

Being outspoken and controversial is part of their game. It makes watching them more interesting and certainty more entertaining unlike the bland ones that say the obvious like Michael Owen.

For those old enough to remember, Jimmy Greaves was the original ex footballer turned Pundit and the more he spoke his mind, the higher the interest !

Owen is one of the worst pundits.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

After the current season is over, which players are likely to be let go?   And which new players will come in?

Everyone will be trying to emulate Leicester City, how to build a cohesive team that get to win matches after matches, never mind the numerous 1-0 score lines..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10