• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:21 PM

Senny
  • Premium member
    Senny
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi bro,

Currently driving a lancer with the following tyre profile 205 / 50R16, is there any recommended tyre budge $400 for all 4 tyre to last 2 years?

For my profile 205 50R16 , is there any ways to change to another profile tyre type maintain my rims?

Sry for my newbie question [laugh]

Thank you so much bros! Huat Cai !

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:10 AM

hsl118
  • Premium member
    hsl118
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hello, any reason why you would want to seek a profile change?
"The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:20 AM

Diesel
  • Premium member
    Diesel
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi bro,

Currently driving a lancer with the following tyre profile 205 / 50R16, is there any recommended tyre budge $400 for all 4 tyre to last 2 years?

For my profile 205 50R16 , is there any ways to change to another profile tyre type maintain my rims?

Sry for my newbie question [laugh]

Thank you so much bros! Huat Cai !

If u want new only can consider Falkens, I got a set of ZE912 (or something) at the same profile few years back at $450 & used for a couple of years before changing.

Note that the tyres are average only, & quite noisy after some runtime.

You can consider 205/55R16 as well coz at this (common) profile the same tyres will likely be cheaper.

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:11 AM

Senny
  • Premium member
    Senny
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hello, any reason why you would want to seek a profile change?

Probably a more common profile so to have a cheaper but also not so jialet tyres? :XD:

If u want new only can consider Falkens, I got a set of ZE912 (or something) at the same profile few years back at $450 & used for a couple of years before changing.

Note that the tyres are average only, & quite noisy after some runtime.

You can consider 205/55R16 as well coz at this (common) profile the same tyres will likely be cheaper.

Hi thanks bro!

yeah looking around the budget of $400 or lesser

Hmmm if i could change my tyre profile with the same rim i have it will be good to have a common profile tyres which are slightly cheaper!

Thanks again bro i will consider your opinion! [thumbsup]

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:39 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Senny

may be you can share what car are you driving ?

changing profile any how at your own wish can be quite risky like rubbing  or hitting

if you budget $400 or less for 4 tires

I think you are either getting below average or poor quality tires

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:30 PM

Funky05
  • Funky05
    Clutched
    Author Image

I'm currently on 185/65/15 tyres.. What's the min or max height and width I can go for? And which is better between kumho ps31 / kh 27 / kh 17? Thanks !

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:14 PM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I'm currently on 185/65/15 tyres.. What's the min or max height and width I can go for? And which is better between kumho ps31 / kh 27 / kh 17? Thanks !

what car are you drive ?

putting wider tire is not always good on the same rim

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:18 PM

Funky05
  • Funky05
    Clutched
    Author Image

what car are you drive ?
putting wider tire is not always good on the same rim

cerato bro

Edited by Funky05, 17 June 2016 - 12:18 PM.

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:11 AM

Ericmar
  • Ericmar
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,

I have 4pcs very well condition Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 205/60 R16 92V BSW Run Flat tyres to let go.

IMG_20160910_102736_77482_1_crop.jpgIMG_20160910_102728_73498_1.jpg

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

With thanks,

Eric (8 One 6 One 9 Six 5 One)

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:37 PM

Nom107
  • Nom107
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

My wheel size  16 x 6J AL - 185 / 55 R16

can I up size to 205 / 50 R16 any problem ???

thinking put in Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:57 PM

Eagle_Eye
  • Eagle_Eye
    Clutched
    Author Image

I did change my set of tyre in Malaysia last month. Got to know the dealer through Carousel. Try your luck here https://carousell.com/hbe_auto/ . I got pretty good deal with him.

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:42 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

My wheel size  16 x 6J AL - 185 / 55 R16

can I up size to 205 / 50 R16 any problem ???

thinking put in Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

my personal view is NO if you are on Original wheels ( width like 6.5 inch and lower) 

205/50/16 tire best sitting on 7 inch wide rim

replacing tire is a word NEED not just WANT , changing your tire size will affect the handling(could be better/ same or Bad) of the car, so be a wise and smart consumer , they buy tire because of Cheap ( to me that is not such thing Cheap and Good)

you pay what you see and you get what you paid.

your tire size 185/55/16 i know brand available here bridgestone / yokohama / Michelin / goodyear enough choice ? 

Yes the conversion to 205/50/16 is acceptable but best replace the rim as well if you want to improve the handling.

hsl118 praised this

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:47 PM

Nom107
  • Nom107
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for reply

So need to chg rim fr R16x6 to R16x7 just bcos 205  [bigcry]

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:43 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for reply

So need to chg rim fr R16x6 to R16x7 just bcos 205  [bigcry]

yes,

I wont change the size if technically not recommended .

My personal priority Technical issue is Priority follow by Quality and MOney [drivingcar]

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Pirelli Cinturato P7

Pirelli Cinturato P7  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Sabretan  |  5th Gear

Definitely worth the money.

My previous set of tyres were the Good Year Eagle NCT 5 which came installed with the car. After driving it for 3 yrs plus, the thread was wearing out and the final straw came when one of the tyres was punctured badly and time to change it ou... » Read More

Michelin Energy XM2 Tyre

Michelin Energy XM2 Tyre  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Mulberrypork  |  3rd Gear

High price for assurance, fuel saving and safety

Install XM2 2.5 years ago. The immediate notice is that it is low rolling resistance compare to my previous GY Assurance. Picking up at slope in MSCP, U turn and cornering are similar to Assuurance. In fact, wet and dry grip are pretty mu... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Economy Tyre

Quick Reply

Tags: mitsubishi and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users