205/50R16 Tyres

Senny

Hi bro,

Currently driving a lancer with the following tyre profile 205 / 50R16, is there any recommended tyre budge $400 for all 4 tyre to last 2 years?

For my profile 205 50R16 , is there any ways to change to another profile tyre type maintain my rims?

Sry for my newbie question [laugh]

Thank you so much bros! Huat Cai !

↡ Advertisement

Hi bro,

Currently driving a lancer with the following tyre profile 205 / 50R16, is there any recommended tyre budge $400 for all 4 tyre to last 2 years?

For my profile 205 50R16 , is there any ways to change to another profile tyre type maintain my rims?

Sry for my newbie question [laugh]

Thank you so much bros! Huat Cai !

If u want new only can consider Falkens, I got a set of ZE912 (or something) at the same profile few years back at $450 & used for a couple of years before changing.

Note that the tyres are average only, & quite noisy after some runtime.

You can consider 205/55R16 as well coz at this (common) profile the same tyres will likely be cheaper.

Hello, any reason why you would want to seek a profile change?

Probably a more common profile so to have a cheaper but also not so jialet tyres? :XD:

If u want new only can consider Falkens, I got a set of ZE912 (or something) at the same profile few years back at $450 & used for a couple of years before changing.

Note that the tyres are average only, & quite noisy after some runtime.

You can consider 205/55R16 as well coz at this (common) profile the same tyres will likely be cheaper.

Hi thanks bro!

yeah looking around the budget of $400 or lesser

Hmmm if i could change my tyre profile with the same rim i have it will be good to have a common profile tyres which are slightly cheaper!

Thanks again bro i will consider your opinion! [thumbsup]

Senny

may be you can share what car are you driving ?

changing profile any how at your own wish can be quite risky like rubbing  or hitting

if you budget $400 or less for 4 tires

I think you are either getting below average or poor quality tires

I'm currently on 185/65/15 tyres.. What's the min or max height and width I can go for? And which is better between kumho ps31 / kh 27 / kh 17? Thanks !

what car are you drive ?

putting wider tire is not always good on the same rim

Hi,

I have 4pcs very well condition Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 205/60 R16 92V BSW Run Flat tyres to let go.

IMG_20160910_102736_77482_1_crop.jpgIMG_20160910_102728_73498_1.jpg

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

With thanks,

Eric (8 One 6 One 9 Six 5 One)

My wheel size  16 x 6J AL - 185 / 55 R16

can I up size to 205 / 50 R16 any problem ???

thinking put in Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

My wheel size  16 x 6J AL - 185 / 55 R16

can I up size to 205 / 50 R16 any problem ???

thinking put in Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

my personal view is NO if you are on Original wheels ( width like 6.5 inch and lower) 

205/50/16 tire best sitting on 7 inch wide rim

replacing tire is a word NEED not just WANT , changing your tire size will affect the handling(could be better/ same or Bad) of the car, so be a wise and smart consumer , they buy tire because of Cheap ( to me that is not such thing Cheap and Good)

you pay what you see and you get what you paid.

your tire size 185/55/16 i know brand available here bridgestone / yokohama / Michelin / goodyear enough choice ? 

Yes the conversion to 205/50/16 is acceptable but best replace the rim as well if you want to improve the handling.

• Praise 1

Thanks for reply

So need to chg rim fr R16x6 to R16x7 just bcos 205  [bigcry]

yes,

I wont change the size if technically not recommended .

My personal priority Technical issue is Priority follow by Quality and MOney [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement