Best Android Phone with good battery life + dual sim?

SG_Stig

Thinking of getting the Redmi Note 3 @ $299. It has a 4000mAh battery with dual sim function. Alternative would be note 5 but a bit out of budget.

Any grabcar/uber drivers here? What are your phone you used for work? The huawei I purchase from Grabcar cmi.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

What's your budget range? 

The new Oppo R9 has quite similar specs as Redmi Note 3. 5.5-inch Full HD screen, 64GB + dual sim hybrid SD card slot, 4GB ram, fingerprint scanner. But battery only 2850mAh and the price is $649 which is rather high

Edited by Yamapi

Can consider Samsung A-series smartphones. Dual sim and decently specs. Screen size ranges from 4.7 to 5.5 inch. Price should be around $550 for the A7.

http://www.samsung.com/sg/galaxya2016/

Ah Samsung a7 is running on a sd615 which is weaker than the redmi note 3 sd650. Looks like the Redmi is my only bet now. Would be perfect if it had removable battery like it's predecessor

(edited)

Android + big screen (most Android phones are btw) + dual sim = bad battery life. Will never = good battery life.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 3

i use redmi note 3 and dropped countless time where the metal casing has deformed at quite a few spots. :ouch-it-hurts:

yesterday accidentally threw on the table and bounced off on to the floor.

this is what happened when phone too cheap and it still works...  :=B:

• Praise 3

redmi note 3 confirm can last whole day, but if you are in the car most of the time, it can always connect to power source.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

i use redmi note 3 and dropped countless time where the metal casing has deformed at quite a few spots. :ouch-it-hurts:

yesterday accidentally threw on the table and bounced off on to the floor.

this is what happened when phone too cheap and it still works...  :=B:

Ya. Xiaomi phones seem to be indestructible. My wife throws hers around and sometimes my kids will get hold of it and drop it. Countless times already. Nothing happened to the screen. My mum dropped her redmi 2 in the lift shaft from second floor and it survived also. Lol.

• Praise 2

(edited)

ASUS ZenFone Max.

Cost $249

Battery 5000mAH

Dual SIM also

Here are the specs:

https://www.asus.com/sg/Phone/ZenFone-Max-ZC550KL/specifications/

Wah almost got this until I see it's running on SD410. Same as my current Redmi note 1. Lags a ton. :(

redmi note 3 confirm can last whole day, but if you are in the most of the time, it can always connect to power source.

I hope the phone can at least last 7 hours on Google map without charging hahaha a bit impossible. Any good USB 2.1a adapter for car that still has a spare cigg lighter for my FM transmitter to recommend? Edited by SG_Stig

Wah almost got this until I see it's running on SD410. Same as my current Redmi note 1. Lags a ton. :(

I hope the phone can at least last 7 hours on Google map without charging hahaha a bit impossible. Any good USB 2.1a adapter for car that still has a spare cigg lighter for my FM transmitter to recommend?

get a 10,000mAh or 16,000 mAh power bank from xiaomi, confirm can last you whole day on Google map   [laugh]

get a 10,000mAh or 16,000 mAh power bank from xiaomi, confirm can last you whole day on Google map [laugh]

Hahaha I bought 3 of the 10k powerbank from xiaomi. Comes with free delivery for purchases more than $50 :D

4th Gear

I will never ever buy another Lenovo hand phone even if it's dirt cheap. It's the worst phone I had.

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

Very interesting.

Like PC components, can you upgrade each module? (I see suggestion on the camera in the teardown)

I know software wise may be drivers and what can throw a wrench in the upgrade...

It may be cheaper in the "long" run if you do not change phone every 1, 2 or maybe 3 years, which is a dam long time in smart phone cycle.

I'm still using Sammy S3. and S7 is coming out soon.

I don't know what the S7 extra features will entice me to upgrade, I hardly use the S3 to its full feature anyway.

For the Fp2... the objective wasn't upgradeability... but rather repairability... so aim was to be able to fix a broken display, camera, mic, headphone, battery with little or no tools and at minimal cost.

With this phone... only upgrades we can reasonably expect is the camera module and battery... the logic board itself has the radio, RAM and CPU chips soldered in... so doubt anything can be done there.

↡ Advertisement