Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Hello All;

Newbie here. I have been following this thread for a while. I have collected my QQ 2.0 two months ago and have installed auto window, car alarm, supertone horn, TPMS and additional front sensors. I have bought all these stuffs from Taobao China. All these gadgets are working fine. If anyone need more info, I would gladly help. 

• Praise 2

Hi Wildfaye29,

Many bros use it for the active pioneer sub and top up extra. Can also do auto folding mirror if none or use synthetic eo at 1k, 5k etc. like what I did.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

do u know how much is the auto folding mirror? can use the duo points to pay in full? jus inform the cashier?

Tks. No good at computers, speaking to person better :)

What can DUO points use for at 5k? Mine is due for 5k servicing soon, I thought 5k is still under free servicing?

What can DUO points use for at 5k? Mine is due for 5k servicing soon, I thought 5k is still under free servicing?

Suggest change to synthetic oil at 5K. Use 8K DUO points for $50 and pay tens of dollars. Cheers!

Suggest change to synthetic oil at 5K. Use 8K DUO points for $50 and pay tens of dollars. Cheers!

I c, thanks Pocy!

First 3 servicing is always free for our QQ. That's at 1k, 5k and 10k(need to top up if u choose synthetic oil).

Already done my 10k servicing which I topped up cash for the synthetic oil. My DUO points I used it to purchase the sub woofer.

So the nissan preventive package to me is at 20k, 30k and 40k only. 3 times

Any idea how to get the DUO points??

Hi Richard,

do u know how much is the auto folding mirror? can use the duo points to pay in full? jus inform the cashier?

Hi Wildfaye27,

Should be sgd85 ..you can claim sgd50 and pay sgd35 or claim sgd100 to pay nothing but waste sgd15 ..no exact claimable amount.

Btw, pls ensure they use duplex version of auto folding mirror module ..this opens and closes with door open and door lock to use the status of mirror as visual verification of door locked status. My 1st one from TC was simplex version and only opens when engine starts which I changed out ..yes, I anal to logics ..haha.

Cheers.

Richard

It's might actually be because of Active Trace Control. The Qashqai brakes the inner wheel of a turn to improve cornering performance or maintain a stable line, so if you frequently go around corners quickly you will rapidly build up brake dust even if you don't think you're using the brakes much.

Also known as brake-based torque vectoring. My car does the same thing. Volkswagen calls the technology XDS.

Hi 7hm,

Good point on resulting more frequent braking that I missed but agree ..tks !!

Cheers.

Richard

So for BT, I can just send car for my 10,000 km servicing, ask for synthetic oil, then at cashier inform want to offset Duo points? No need to login & redeem first?

What must I bring? The car and duo account registered under my CO's name.

Hi Kstoh,

Yes but you must have the user id and password.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Wildfaye27,

Should be sgd85 ..you can claim sgd50 and pay sgd35 or claim sgd100 to pay nothing but waste sgd15 ..no exact claimable amount.

Btw, pls ensure they use duplex version of auto folding mirror module ..this opens and closes with door open and door lock to use the status of mirror as visual verification of door locked status. My 1st one from TC was simplex version and only opens when engine starts which I changed out ..yes, I anal to logics ..haha.

Cheers.

Richard

oh, so the $50 is the servicing voucher? sounds easy, but its only 8k points - still got 40K to use. hahaha

Hello All;

Newbie here. I have been following this thread for a while. I have collected my QQ 2.0 two months ago and have installed auto window, car alarm, supertone horn, TPMS and additional front sensors. I have bought all these stuffs from Taobao China. All these gadgets are working fine. If anyone need more info, I would gladly help.

Hi Bro

Which shop you go install all this item.thank

Auto window for other door ?

Drive side should be auto

Turbocharged

Hi Bros. Came across this article recently. Any thoughts?

Don’t Waste Money on Premium Gas if Your Car Is Made for Regular http://nyti.ms/2cV53OU

even with the output figures I get, since my car only requests 95 RON, that's what I give it. I don't see a point in paying the substantial premium for 98 unless the car demands it.

• Praise 1

Only slightly cheaper in terms of absolutely $$$.

Disadvantage:

Need to pay upfront

Advantage:

1) can claim more via Duo points (if we have) because cost >$1+++ for package

2) No worries of price increase for the next 2 years

3) Some freebies thrown in the package which I mentioned earlier, like brake pads etc. Exactly what the freebies are I cannot remember. Paiseh...

My own personal conclusion:

Sign for NPMP if want to service at Tan Chong.

If want to service at outside workshop, of course not.

Dear Bros,

Pls take note that parts are only changed (aka renew) when needed or when necessary and NOT CONFIRM CHANGE WAN. Only belt and brake pad are likely to be covered during the 40K period.

There's a clause "6 months or 10K whichever comes first". Additionally, 2 year time frame plus say 3 to 6 months (no guarantee as binding contract states 2 yrs). They may say it's ok but what is in the contract still holds. So they can still on good-will provide free servicing but not the parts so if you suay then still have to bear the cost.

Let's say one drives 1K a month with say 1/2K of delay. Every 10K servicing is ard 10.5 months. So unless you are a high mileage driver or chauffeur, you stand to lose out as effectively you will only service 2 of 4 times unless you are servicing for the sake of servicing in 2 years.

Engine oil will not simply deteriorate over 3 to 5 months and brake pads/spark plugs/belts are not expensive items. If TC say change, I say I will change at my workshop. As long as parts are original warranty is not void.

Btw, engine air filter and cabin filter are change outside of the preventative package if I remember correctly.

• Praise 1

Any idea how to get the DUO points??

You should be informed via your SE or SMS when u purchased your ride. If you didn't just sent am email to TC and claim for yor DUO points.

It's really useful in terms of claiming servicing voucher like NPMP or getting a sub woofer (which I did and it's really improve the sound).

Just wanna inform those Bros who have booked but not yet collect uour ride nor cfm the coe. Do ask for thsee items as it will greatly improved your QQ experience.

1. Floor mat (original floor mat sucks, esp driver side. Mine already show signs of worn just 7 months)

Don't know how to 'claim'

2. Front n back cam.

3. Auto folding of side mirrors.

4. DUO points

5. Fuel vouchers (if any)

even with the output figures I get, since my car only requests 95 RON, that's what I give it. I don't see a point in paying the substantial premium for 98 unless the car demands it.

Same. I support 95. Unless I chiong up north, will pump Vpower there. Else 95 all the way. FC is the same, depends on your right foot.

Same. I support 95. Unless I chiong up north, will pump Vpower there. Else 95 all the way. FC is the same, depends on your right foot.

Sorry if I was not clear enough in my earlier posts.

Yes. Parts are changed only when needed or necessary, as per their specifications.

For the clause of "6 months or 10k, whichever comes first", they do not follow it strictly. In fact, they followed the mileage, in my last 10 years with them. The 4 servicing for me usually stretch for more than 2 years. Towards the last few years for my old Latio, I typically cover 10k in 9 months, and takes up to 3 years to finish the NPMP. My last 10 years with them, servicing was never forfeited just because I did not finish the package in 2 years (I signed up for multiple NPMP!!! After I finish one, I just continue another!). And I never service for the sake of servicing. But of course, the past is not a representation of the future. I can't say for sure that they will not change. But I'm just sharing my last 10 years of experience with them.  

Brake pads, belts I'm not sure how much they cost, tbh. In fact, like I mentioned, I'm not even sure what the freebies are. But spark plug, I'm sure it is not in the package and I had to pay. It is only changed every 100k (at least based on the servicing schedule). Can't remember exactly how much it was when I changed mine at TC, but I think it was a low 3 digit figures. If I did not remember wrongly, I think CVT fluid also must pay.

Engine air filter and cabin filter, yes, not included. Oil filter, included. Again, sorry if I'm not clear.

End of the day, for those bros who can get better services and prices at their own workshops, I'm sure it makes more sense to do outside. Since I do not know anything better, I just stick to TC. And since I'm sticking to TC, I just take up their NPMP loh...

Again, for reference:

https://www.nissan.com.sg/ForOwners/NPMP%20W.E.F%20Nov%202013.pdf

Tbh, I also don't really understand the table completely... [laugh]  

Dear Bros,

Pls take note that parts are only changed (aka renew) when needed or when necessary and NOT CONFIRM CHANGE WAN. Only belt and brake pad are likely to be covered during the 40K period.

There's a clause "6 months or 10K whichever comes first". Additionally, 2 year time frame plus say 3 to 6 months (no guarantee as binding contract states 2 yrs). They may say it's ok but what is in the contract still holds. So they can still on good-will provide free servicing but not the parts so if you suay then still have to bear the cost.

Let's say one drives 1K a month with say 1/2K of delay. Every 10K servicing is ard 10.5 months. So unless you are a high mileage driver or chauffeur, you stand to lose out as effectively you will only service 2 of 4 times unless you are servicing for the sake of servicing in 2 years.

Engine oil will not simply deteriorate over 3 to 5 months and brake pads/spark plugs/belts are not expensive items. If TC say change, I say I will change at my workshop. As long as parts are original warranty is not void.

Btw, engine air filter and cabin filter are change outside of the preventative package if I remember correctly.

↡ Advertisement